Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What kind of idiotic fixtures are these - playing Hammers less than 48 hours later?

This game wasn’t supposed to be on Monday, but because of our stadium delay it was moved. It’s also going to be played less than 2 days after an NFL game on the same turf.

I honestly think the stadium thing is the biggest factor in our weird season so far. All the players, fans and staff thought we would be welcoming opponents to our glorious new home and instead we are still sitting on Wembley’s red seats for every home game. Everyone is just waiting for it to be ready, waiting for the season to start for real. I’m just not as excited about the season as I was before the delay and I don’t think the players are either. The will to win is not as strong as it was last season when we were fighting to bring the CL to the new stadium.

Rain forecast at the weekend hopefully

original22.jpg

.........................Gazza
Aurier - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Sissoko
........................Winks
......Trippier.....................Lamela
........................Eriksen
.................Kane........... Lucas
I know City score lots of goals but surely one goalkeeper is enough and why is Gazza up top?

Some short memories here methinks. 3 saves v Wet Spam, one in particular, Arnautovich must be sick of the sight of him. Nothing wrong with his shot stopping.

I don't think anyone has any issues with his shot stopping - he's always been good at shot stopping. It's his decision making. Especially in big games in recent years (Including BOTH fixtures against City last season).

I wouldn't drop him personally and I don't think Poch would.

Hard to think of anyone here who isn’t one, maybe Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman :pochunimpressed:

We’re in for a whipping, I’m afraid.
And why wouldn't be miserable best manager in a generation best team in same period of time, on the horizon the most up to date modern football stadium in Europe if not world football,finishing in the top four in the most competitive league in Europe in the past three seasons qualifying for the premium tournament in the process whilst not bankrupting ourselves in doing so! having at least three of the most talented players in European football contained in our squad two of which have long term contracts. Having had our best start to a domestic season for nearly 60 years plus a shrewd chairman that despite what some think have our football club interests at heart........yes why wouldn't we be miserable.

Game to drop Lloris and signal his departure for me as well.

Becoming too unpreditable to be classified an asset. He has had more than his share of lives.
I believe Poch hasn't reached that stage yet but will take a few more howlers and probably eventually finally Poch would say enough is enough.
Gazzaniga is the future.

I don't think anyone has any issues with his shot stopping - he's always been good at shot stopping. It's his decision making. Especially in big games in recent years (Including BOTH fixtures against City last season).

I wouldn't drop him personally and I don't think Poch would.
Do you think Pep, Klop or Jose would have dropped him?!
I think all 3 would have dropped him. Hart was shown the door for for less. Jose would have slagged him on TV and benched him for a while. Klop would have dropped him quietly.
But agree Poch won't drop him yet but he would if keeps repeating. Unfortunately he is a good keeper but inconsistent and costing games.
I like Gazzaniga.

I think all 3 would have dropped him. Hart was shown the door for for less. Jose would have slagged him on TV and benched him for a while. Klop would have dropped him quietly.
But agree Poch won't drop him yet but he would if keeps repeating. Unfortunately he is a good keeper but inconsistent and costing games.
I like Gazzaniga.
I wonder if Pep would have started him in the first place since he expects his keeper to be at least a decent passer of the ball. :pochsmirk:

I like Gazzaniga.
Gazzaniga can't play out from the back. It's the blueprint of this team, you can talk about mistakes until you are blue in that face, Poch wants a 'keeper that plays out from the back constantly, not fits and starts but throughout the entire game. That's also why Vorm, when fit, plays ahead of Gazzaniga.

Back
Top Bottom