Tottenham v Pacos de Ferreira (1945 GMT) UCL 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to win this, because the banter would be unbearable. Also, I want Roma-Tottenham final, but maybe that's just me.

-----------------------Gollini--------------------
---Doherty--Whoever-Healthy--Davies---
----Bergwijn----Winks---Lo Celso----Gil----
---------------Scarlett-----Kane----------------

We should go stronger definetely. Dont't care who plays at CB, hopefully Romero and Rodon, but we'll see. Kane should finish this.

We need to win this, because the banter would be unbearable. Also, I want Roma-Tottenham final, but maybe that's just me.

We should go stronger definetely. Dont't care who plays at CB, hopefully Romero and Rodon, but we'll see. Kane should finish this.
If we want to progress we need to integrate the young players and not drop them in it.

Depending on health I am fine going with the same basic team that played last game with some more strength on the bench to come on if needed. I don't want to see a top player get injured in the first half playing in this game, we are so thin in so many areas an injury could be brutal.

Yes we looked terrible but at the same time we only need 2 goals to go through and I think we could easily do that with the same team from last week.

I am not sure it was all his fault, but last weeks game and this weeks game really shows the need for a proper back-up striker other than Scarlett. I wouldn't take Scarlett out, but having an experienced player to play alongside him would make the B team look a lot more threatening.

I assume Romero is out injured along with CCV, but hopefully Rodon will be fit. Son will rest his hamstring after today. Without all the travelling I think we can afford to play a few more senior players.

Gollini
Doherty Sanchez Rodon Davies
Lo Celso Hojbjerg
Gil Lucas Bergwijn
Kane

We should be able to get an hour out of Lucas, Bergwijn and Kane.

I assume Romero is out injured along with CCV, but hopefully Rodon will be fit. Son will rest his hamstring after today. Without all the travelling I think we can afford to play a few more senior players.

Gollini
Doherty Sanchez Rodon Davies
Lo Celso Hojbjerg
Gil Lucas Bergwijn
Kane

We should be able to get an hour out of Lucas, Bergwijn and Kane.

One of Harry or Sonny must surely start. Why not with Scarlett?
Really need Romero fit. Probs Romero and Sanchez.

Dunno who'll be fit, but ideally:

Gollini
Meh / Romero / Rodon / Sessengon
Lucas
(<> Berg @ HT) / PEH / Lo Celso / Gil
Scarlett
/ Kane (off @ 60mins-ish)​

Last edited:
Shamefull if we can't win

200w.gif

Dunno who'll be fit, but ideally:

Gollini
Meh / Romero / Rodon / Sessengon
Lucas
(<> Berg @ HT) / PEH / Lo Celso / Gil
Scarlett
/ Kane (60mins)​
Not sure I understand. Are you saying Kane on for Dane at 60'? If so that's only 10 players. If you mean play Kane from the off who is coming on for him? Sonny? I would say have him nowehere near this unless we're desperate myself.

This is a must win game though.

Now there is no away goal stuff what happens if there is a 2-1 to Spurs? ET & pens?

Didn't realise Romero was injured. Hopefully Rodon is fit.

gollini; doherty, rodon, davies, sessegnon; john, winks, lo celso; bergwijn, kane*, scarlett

*play Kane 60 minutes. I'd start Bergwijn and then play Son, Kane, Lucas against Watford.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying Kane on for Dane at 60'? If so that's only 10 players. If you mean play Kane from the off who is coming on for him? Sonny? I would say have him nowehere near this unless we're desperate myself.

Nah, I meant start them both and take Kane off after 60-ish.

Night off for Sonny.

Now there is no away goal stuff what happens if there is a 2-1 to Spurs? ET & pens?

Assume so.

It’s the start of the season, everyone should be in good shape and eager to go. It’s a home game, so put a strong team out and smash the cunts 8-0.

A confidence boost in the form of a massive win would do the squad a world of good.

Think so.

With the decision to remove this rule, ties in which the two teams score the same number of goals over the two legs would be not decided on the number of goals scored away, but two 15-minute periods of extra time are played at the end of the second leg and in case the teams score the same number of goals or no goals during this extra time, kicks from the penalty mark would determine the team which qualifies to the next stage of the competition.

It’s the start of the season, everyone should be in good shape and eager to go. It’s a home game, so put a strong team out and smash the cunts 8-0.

A confidence boost in the form of a massive win would do the squad a world of good.
I assume top 5 of the Portugese league is akin to bottom half of the Prem, top of the Championship at worst.

The chances of us smashing this team, even with our strongest XI is slim I'd say. Any notion within the squad that this is the case needs to be anihilated. A professional display from all involved is required. Certainly not the pissy flick round the back of the standing leg type shit Gio tried to pull in the opening moments of the first leg.

I assume top 5 of the Portugese league is akin to bottom half of the Prem, top of the Championship at worst.
There's usually a huge drop off in quality below top 4 here, with a bunch of teams that can finish 5th in one season and 15th the next one, Paços is no exception. They are probably akin to mid-Championship, at best.

Tidy and organised in defense, a bit light and toothless upfront, like most small clubs in the Portuguese league. Once you guys get to 2-0 the tie is over (assuming Kane doesn't start scoring own goals out of spite 😅)

Back
Top Bottom