Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It does indeed. It says for fucks sake stop pissing around and get me the fucking players I need. Poor Poch, as good as waving a begging bowl in front his boss.
a073b-divination-harry-potter-27829939-500-2081.gif

It does indeed. It says for fucks sake stop pissing around and get me the fucking players I need. Poor Poch, as good as waving a begging bowl in front his boss.

That's the way I read it too.
I'm not saying that it isn't a message to Levy, but playing devil's advocate for a moment - who else can we actually put on the bench (and have it be relatively balanced) other than Oakley-Boothe right now?

Does anyone know why Edwards never makes the squad?
If he's putting unheard of 17yr olds on the bench he clearly can't have an issue with Edwards' age and inexperience

Which leaves me to think he's not good enough yet, but I swear he looks brilliant?

If we're serious about this season we need to have a better bench than that. I don't care if we have injuries or not.

This weekend:

Liverpools bench
  • Milner
  • 15Sturridge
  • 16Grujic
  • 17Klavan
  • 29Solanke
  • 52Ward
  • 66Alexander-Arnold
Chelsea's bench
  • 1Caballero
  • 14Bakayoko
  • 16Kenedy
  • 17Musonda
  • 23Batshuayi
  • 27Christensen
  • 31Tomori

Arsenals bench

• 9Lacazette
  • 12Giroud
  • 13Ospina
  • 14Walcott
  • 20Mustafi
  • 31Kolasinac
  • 34Coquelin

Utds bench
  • 2Smalling
  • 14Lingard
  • 19Rashford
  • 20Romero
  • 21Herrera
  • 27Fellaini
  • 36Darmian

Getting a bit tired of everyone acting like the rest of the top 6 are all like City except us. Our depth is no worse than any of that lot. You can talk about Lacazette, so what. Wanyama's out and we just brought in 24 goal Son and changed it up.

Boring and mis informed argument that our bench is somehow inferior to all our rivals.

Milner anyone!!!

Early in the season we could say that there is no easy game. We really need to focus here. Burnley got some of the really har working men there.
Not to mention their very physical and compact midfield there.

And Dier need to step up and shows some aggresion here. Weve been not really good on that dept lately. And not really impressed by Dier for quite long time. Come on Dier, shows England what you got.

If he's putting unheard of 17yr olds on the bench he clearly can't have an issue with Edwards' age and inexperience

Which leaves me to think he's not good enough yet, but I swear he looks brilliant?
Might be because he played against the United PL2 side on Friday night... Bit of a Catch 22 really because his performance should have caught Poch's eye, but then playing that close to today would make Poch want to rest him.

Because Oakley-Boothe is in for Wanyama - he isn't going to come off the bench.

If we had Janssen and Son out injured, I imagine Edwards MAY make the bench or Georgiou would.

Back
Top Bottom