Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ross

Are there any open on the morning of the match you can go to on your way to Wembley area ?

I think I'm sorted - Enfield council have said I can go to theirs, I'm right on the boundary between the two boroughs.

I assumed you would have to get tested in your own borough so that the results weren't skewed.

Our top scorers in the League Cup:

CHIVERS23
DEFOE14
TEDDY13
ALLEN13
PETERS12
KEANE10
HODDLE10
ARMSTRONG10
CROOKS9
GAZZA8
ANDERTON8
LINEKER8
ARCHIBALD7
PAV7
PRATT7
DUNCAN7
KANE6
GREAVES5
SON4
DELE4

Our top scorers in the League Cup:

CHIVERS23
DEFOE14
TEDDY13
ALLEN13
PETERS12
KEANE10
HODDLE10
ARMSTRONG10
CROOKS9
GAZZA8
ANDERTON8
LINEKER8
ARCHIBALD7
PAV7
PRATT7
DUNCAN7
KANE6
GREAVES5
SON4
DELE4
Proof that Kane needs to sort his shit out. And get focused on the big trophies.:kaneear:

Last edited:
Shows how poor our recent record is in this cup/playing reserve players

I think until Mourinho turned up Lloris had played 2 matches in the FA Cup in his Tottenham career. Two!

Trying to change our mentality towards the lesser cup competitions is one of the few things Mourinho has done right, just a shame most of the players still don't care. I used to hate the way Poch would talk about the cups. We all know they aren't as glamorous as the PL and CL, you don't need to say it! It just gives the players an excuse not to take it seriously and that mentality is still hanging around as we saw in the Zagreb game.

Mate. What happens to those who can’t be tested (anxiety - lack of tonsils (that a thing) and what happens to those who can’t be jabbed ? Those with haemophilia or thrombosis, pregnant, other reasons.

Why should we allow anyone in who has not had measles ? What about TB ? I don’t want anyone near me with TB. Prove you don’t have it. Why not ? To some that will be more than reasonable. In the end, should anything be allowed that involves any fun until the risk is gone, but will that level of risk ever be acceptable again ?

I am on the edge of straw manning I know but this is not as easy as simple solutions suggest. And trivial is wholly dependant upon each persons threshold of acceptable.

I can’t find an answer to any of this, but so far nor can anyone else.
Wow. So much wrong with that. Tonsils - irrelevant, pregnant people should be getting jabbed, we're just behind, haemophiliacs can be vaccinated just fine, and you are 8x more likely to get a clot with covid so 'thrombosis' is pretty much irrelevant too.

Yes everyone should have a measles vaccination, definitely, it is a really nasty, wildly more infectious disease than covid that we've nearly forgotten about in the UK but is now on the rise again because of refuseniks stemming basically from one big scientific conspirator.

We will get ahead with covid vaccines, then things can return to normality but unfortunately it won't be this round of them in my opinion, what we really need is one that is a combination, maybe a few different spikes but also the N protein in the capsid that never changes and is common with SARS1 and MERS, that will be a game changer and it is in the works. When a metabolic pathway or a protein or whatever never changes even among millions of mutation opportunities it usually means it causes a catastrophic failure, so the fact it is common among these viruses that are much farther apart than we are from chimps, suggests that will be the case here. Therefore if you make an N protein vaccine work Covid is highly unlikely to be able to mutate it's way out of it.

There are plenty of other treatments and preventative measures in the works too, like that nasal spray that blocks infection.

When levels are high and with partially vaccinated populations you run a high risk of forcing the mutation through natural selection of a full escape mutant then you're just back to square 1 practically and thousands a day is still high.

Keep driving it down with all approaches you can until we are ahead. The summer is going to help obviously but the rate its's going this first round of vaccines is only going to provide a temporary reprieve I'm afraid (again in my view, but I have done the research).

Last edited:
Bollocks is it not ? You can have your ticket for free, you can pay. You can come in. You can’t. You can walk unaided come in. You can’t, so stay away it’s too dangerous.

here is a fun facts list

30/8/1919 - 15,000
01/09/1919 - 21,060
06/09/1919- 30,610
11/09/1919 - 20,000
13/09/1919- 33,172

funny that I can’t seem to locate a historic record of any test events being held on or before 30/8/1919 which was during the Spanish flu period of course....

highest attendance in the 1919/20 season was 44,268, a home match on 11 October to Clapton Orient.

I accept it’s not like for like, but I do wonder if the FA / Spurs etc banned returning soldiers who were vulnerable from attending.
Yes and people learn from past mistakes. Estimates vary from 50m to 100m dead from the spanish flu when that was a much higher proportion of the global population than it would be today. Covid would do the same without countermeasures, no doubt in my mind.

Yes this whole thing sucks but railing against it doesn't help, it just makes it last longer.

Weirdly, I don't mind the 3-4-1-2 formation... it's just some of the personnel making up the '3' and the '4' that many people have a problem with!

Yes and people learn from past mistakes. Estimates vary from 50m to 100m dead from the spanish flu when that was a much higher proportion of the global population than it would be today. Covid would do the same without countermeasures, no doubt in my mind.

Yes this whole thing sucks but railing against it doesn't help, it just makes it last longer.
The IFR for covid is nowhere near those kind of numbers. And it is not anyway comparative to Spanish Flu. For many many reasons.

what makes this last longer is the inability to actually deal with the situation in a grown up way ( not aimed at you by the way ) look at the situation pre Christmas. Thousands allowed at the THFC stadium lane, no mention of any of this and as far as I can tell no cases linked back to the Stadium via track and trace. We all gave our details and it all worked well. Now roll forward 4 months. Vaccines and a lot less cases and now we have more and more restrictions. Seems off to me. But that’s only a personal view.

Last edited:
Wow. So much wrong with that. Tonsils - irrelevant, pregnant people should be getting jabbed, we're just behind, haemophiliacs can be vaccinated just fine, and you are 8x more likely to get a clot with covid so 'thrombosis' is pretty much irrelevant too.

Yes everyone should have a measles vaccination, definitely, it is a really nasty, wildly more infectious disease than covid that we've nearly forgotten about in the UK but is now on the rise again because of refuseniks stemming basically from one big scientific conspirator.

We will get ahead with covid vaccines, then things can return to normality but unfortunately it won't be this round of them in my opinion, what we really need is one that is a combination, maybe a few different spikes but also the N protein in the capsid that never changes and is common with SARS1 and MERS, that will be a game changer and it is in the works. When a metabolic pathway or a protein or whatever never changes even among millions of mutation opportunities it usually means it causes a catastrophic failure, so the fact it is common among these viruses that are much farther apart than we are from chimps, suggests that will be the case here. Therefore if you make an N protein vaccine work Covid is highly unlikely to be able to mutate it's way out of it.

There are plenty of other treatments and preventative measures in the works too, like that nasal spray that blocks infection.

When levels are high and with partially vaccinated populations you run a high risk of forcing the mutation through natural selection of a full escape mutant then you're just back to square 1 practically and thousands a day is still high.

Keep driving it down with all approaches you can until we are ahead. The summer is going to help obviously but the rate its's going this first round of vaccines is only going to provide a temporary reprieve I'm afraid (again in my view, but I have done the research).
An interesting post. Thank you.

Due to what happened to my mum and her DVT post jab I did a bit of research on the vaccine and I don’t feel reassured by what we are told, but that is to to infer it should be stopped, just that information is scarce and to be in a situation where it is jab and go with no consideration of consequence is dangerous.

to drill down a little on my thinking this might help,

Both haemophiliacs and pregnant woman get a mention and with the latter it does say “Administration of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca during pregnancy should only be considered when the potential benefits outweigh any potential risks for the mother and fetus” Given the age profile of Covid fatalities it is quite difficult to find a strong argument for child baring age women to have the current vaccines - but that really is a matter for the individual.

Citeh into European Cup semi final. They’ll have both legs 3/4 days either side of League Cup final. They’ll probably rest a few so. Doesn’t make a huge difference really. If we play the way we’ve done last few months, their youth team would beat us.
They’ve a good ladies team aswell

C4-F6-DE4-E-29-CA-4404-B8-D1-5-E873-F31-A3-DB.gif

Back
Top Bottom