Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Three Covid tests , two at home and one at an approved centre.If this is the future (and I have genuine fears that it is) then I have already watched my last Tottenham game live.The long term ramifications for the economy and the mental well-being of humankind are absolutely frightening.
Too right. I’ll have also got on my last aeroplane. As much as I love long haul travel and still have plenty of places I want to see I won’t be doing it under these restrictions (masks, tests , quarantine).

You're too young to be quoting Carry On films.

Having just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago I’m delighted to be described as “too young” for anything really:levylol:

I’ve always enjoyed Carry On repeats, I think many folks in the UK absorb Carry On comedy by osmosis...you could perhaps say lots of us have a little bit of Kenneth Williams in us?:dierno:

I don't think I would even bother applying, even if I can. Can you imagine a nearly empty Wembley, with only a couple of thousand committed fans for each side. Atmosphere will be as dead as a dodo.
So the girl I sit with couldn't get hold of me to tell me that the email had gone out re applying, so she went ahead for the two of us anyway :adewtf:

I do not like the restrictions but not a season ticket holder anyway. If this is going to continue next season that rules me out going and I will cancel my membership.
On another subject the tickets going to local NHS people are just as likely to put Woolwich fans next to Spurs fans. So much for segregation. These fans have no fear of losing season ticket if they misbehave but I really would love there to be reports of trouble in this sector so it is never repeated. All tickets should have gone to Supporters.

Watching us get smashed by city isn't going to cheer up anyone unless they think it will get Jose out quicker.

I thought you were joking but I work at the NHS and entered the pot for tickets today, find out tmrw. Going to take the boy if I get them but not sure if this is child abuse, he's only 8. Entered for the fuck of it really, would only go to boo Jose.

Watching us get smashed by city isn't going to cheer up anyone unless they think it will get Jose out quicker.

I thought you were joking but I work at the NHS and entered the pot for tickets today, find out tmrw. Going to take the boy if I get them but not sure if this is child abuse, he's only 8. Entered for the fuck of it really, would only go to boo Jose.
No under 18's allowed.

Vaccination does not give a guarantee that you cannot pass on the virus. They are just being sensible, at this point we need to take maximum caution and then see what the data looks like afterwards. It may be that testing on this scale is overkill but better to be too cautious than not cautious enough. Testing is trivial, you swab your throat and nose for 10 seconds each and that's it. Doing that a few times is a small price to pay to be able to get back into a football stadium.
How is testing “trival” ? And liberty dependant on a LFT that is less reliable than Sanchez seems a funny way to assure people.

I could make a case for the PCR test being the dominate test, as at least that is better than 95% in lab conditions. But a LFT is nowhere near that.

seems like an attempt to look like they are doing something to me.

anyway, ruling out the young and the disabled is frankly the bigger objection, an objection I made to the club this afternoon. I feel for them being caught in the middle of all of this, but that thing about the young or the vulnerable is wrong and then to tail the email off with a comment about personal responsibility just jars.

Once everyone is vaccinated, then everyone will be safer and no need to worry about another explosion of cases and another lockdown. If we arent careful now, its back to the shit times.
Mate. What happens to those who can’t be tested (anxiety - lack of tonsils (that a thing) and what happens to those who can’t be jabbed ? Those with haemophilia or thrombosis, pregnant, other reasons.

Why should we allow anyone in who has not had measles ? What about TB ? I don’t want anyone near me with TB. Prove you don’t have it. Why not ? To some that will be more than reasonable. In the end, should anything be allowed that involves any fun until the risk is gone, but will that level of risk ever be acceptable again ?

I am on the edge of straw manning I know but this is not as easy as simple solutions suggest. And trivial is wholly dependant upon each persons threshold of acceptable.

I can’t find an answer to any of this, but so far nor can anyone else.

Mate. What happens to those who can’t be tested (anxiety - lack of tonsils (that a thing) and what happens to those who can’t be jabbed ? Those with haemophilia or thrombosis, pregnant, other reasons.

Why should we allow anyone in who has not had measles ? What about TB ? I don’t want anyone near me with TB. Prove you don’t have it.

I am on the edge of straw manning but this is not as easy as simple solutions suggest. And trivial is wholly dependant upon each persons threshold of acceptable.

I can’t find an answer to any of this, but so far not can anyone else.
TB and measles arent spreading like Covid and threatening the nhs ability to function.

TB and measles arent spreading like Covid and threatening the nhs ability to function.
Not at the moment. But a lot of the world doesn’t vaccinate for either. What if they produce a variant of concern ? Ever looked how many measles variants there are ?

it’s a very difficult problem to solve. That’s the one thing I can agree.

Not at the moment. But a lot of the world doesn’t vaccinate for either. What if they produce a variant of concern ? Ever looked how many measles variants there are ?

it’s a very difficult problem to solve. That’s the one thing I can agree.
Agreed on how difficult the problem is. But mate, country after country is not going in lockdown for fun are they. This problem is too big to take risks with compared to others. Cases and hospitalisations are very low right now, its best to keep it low until we can get on top of the situation where most of the population is vaccinated.

Agreed on how difficult the problem is. But mate, country after country is not going in lockdown for fun are they. This problem is too big to take risks with compared to others. Cases and hospitalisations are very low right now, its best to keep it low until we can get on top of the situation where most of the population is vaccinated.
Then, as much as I detest the thought, perhaps we should stay in lockdown and forget the pretence altogether ?. If there can be no normal, why risk the lives of others through half measures and theatre ?

I really hate that today I find I live in a society where the young and disabled are being deliberately excluded from spectator sport and that is ok for safety reasons. If they can’t attend then why should we / others have the luxury ? In regards to the clinically vulnerable we can somewhat guarantee they and their careers are actually fully vaccinated, but our club, FA and Government are saying a football game, which is outside, is too dangerous for them to attend. What a slap in the face that is.

For me, there is a moral stand point here that Public Health England seem to not care about. Like them not giving a shit about how horrible it now is for people with anxiety or lip readers.

Then, as much as I detest the thought, perhaps we should stay in lockdown and forget the pretence altogether ?. If there can be no normal, why risk the lives of others through half measures and theatre ?

I really hate that today I find I live in a society where the young and disabled are being deliberately excluded from spectator sport and that is ok for safety reasons. If they can’t attend then why should we / others have the luxury ? In regards to the clinically vulnerable we can somewhat guarantee they and their careers are actually fully vaccinated, but our club, FA and Government are saying a football game, which is outside, is too dangerous for them to attend. What a slap in the face that is.

For me, there is a moral stand point here that Public Health England seem to not care about. Like them not giving a shit about how horrible it now is for people with anxiety or lip readers.
It’s a fucking test event, calm down

Back
Top Bottom