Tottenham vs Liverpool (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

Liverpool have clicked lately, helped by the return of midfielder Lucas.
The Brazilian came back into the team following a long injury lay-off in December's match against Southampton and has rarely missed an important fixture since.
He's allowed key midfielder Steven Gerrard to play his own game, while winger Stewart Downing is contributing more and new signing Philippe Coutinho is performing well too.
They're starting to get goals from different areas instead of just from Luis Suarez, although the Uruguayan did score three of their four in the win over Wigan last week.
The Reds haven't got the greatest of records against Tottenham - in fact, their last win over them was in January 2010.
But Spurs are due a bad result and I feel they will lose at Anfield on Sunday.
Brendan Rodgers's side will have to try to diminish the threat of with Gareth Bale, who has scored 11 goals in his last nine games for club and country. The way round that problem is simply by sticking close to him.
Lawro's prediction: 2-1

:gallashmm: Really Lawrenson we are due a loss so that the basis of your prediction.

:avbnaa: Cunt.

No Idea, we'd be 7th 1 point ahead of Liverpool if his predictions were right. He has to be taking the piss though I mean seriously. And to mark Bale you just have to stay close to him... :balelol:

august last...
wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2523.gif

I think the idea of "tiredness from playing on Thursday" is overblown (maybe someone with stats can back me up here?). We didn't have to travel anywhere, tomorrow's training will account for the match we played today, and nothing feeds a winning mentality like winning more games. If anything winning today only helps us to remain as confident, sharp and hungry as possible for Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom