Tottenham Vs Ludogorets, Europa League - Thurs 26th Nov - KO 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez also did good tonight.

With Toby possibly out for a bit he needs positive winds in his sails for when he is called upon.

I thought Tanganga was better than Sanchez tonight tbh

Dav was fine but pressed very high and was a bit too aggressive at times that almost cost him positionally, he also gave away a few unnecessary fouls. I thought Japh was near faultless.

I thought Tanganga was better than Sanchez tonight tbh

Dav was fine but pressed very high and was a bit too aggressive at times that almost cost him positionally, he also gave away a few unnecessary fouls. I thought Japh was near faultless.
Neither CB had much to do. About as comfortable a night they'll ever have in Europe. Sanchez always has an error in him. I recall one horrendous easy pass that let them straight in on us. Can't be doing that against Chelski on Sun. Prefer he doesn't play myself in that one

I know right, so fucking annoying when people insist on bigging up ordinary performances.

At least nobody's demanding you get yourself over to the Alli thread and pen a eulogy to how GREAT his performance was.
He was good. Very good tonight. Pressing was constant and well timed.

Just because talking heads have to bang on about a "recognisable star" because they think that's "the story" shouldn't take away from what was a very good display by a genuine star of the game who has been knocked not just one peg but a full ladder this season.

He might not have a future at Spurs given our current squad and style but tonight he showed he has the fortitude to have a future at a very high level. I'm glad for him - and glad for Spurs if he remains and becomes a potent force.

Realistic Player ratings:

Hart: 5- Did nothing

Doherty: 7- Made some good runs, nearly assisted Bale, but at times was wasteful.
Sanchez: 4- Had barely anything to do, but gave a few needless fouls.
Tanganga: 6- Not much to do, no errors.
Davies: 6- Hit post with a fine shot, worked hard in general.

Winks: 7- Kept good control of game, great through ball to Scarlett, fluke goal.
Ndombele: 8- Amazing run for 1st goal. Kept taking risks. Creative.
Alli: 8- Great attitude. Assist for 2nd goal was unselfish. Nice pass in build up to 4th goal too.

Bale: 5- Showed encouraging pace at times. But made errors with ball in final third. Should have scored.
Vinicius: 8- 1st goal well taken, 2nd goal was easy. Showed good touch for the assist for Lucas. Confidence builder.
Lucas: 6- Nice finish for the goal, but had chances to do more throughout.

He was good. Very good tonight. Pressing was constant and well timed.

Just because talking heads have to bang on about a "recognisable star" because they think that's "the story" shouldn't take away from what was a very good display by a genuine star of the game who has been knocked not just one peg but a full ladder this season.

He might not have a future at Spurs given our current squad and style but tonight he showed he has the fortitude to have a future at a very high level. I'm glad for him - and glad for Spurs if he remains and becomes a potent force.

My post wasn't really about Alli.

Alli was decent enough tonight, my post was actually aimed specifically at Taricco.

Dele with a hand in all 4 goals. Well, this is confusing the narative.

Yeah, a decent performance against Ludogrets wipes out the past two years of generally very underwhelming performances.

I'm not rooting against him or anything, but one game doesn't flip the narrative.

Back
Top Bottom