Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"We should've put the game to bed earlier" is the most ridiculous argument. It's irrelevant whether it's 1-0 or 10-0, that is never a penalty and the complete bullshit lack of consistency with which decisions get checked by VAR is killing the game. The fact of the matter is that's not a penalty and we should've won that game. We don't have ourselves to blame, the players were good today, scoring aside, and Newcastle were fucking wank.

Those saying we should have put the game away, I say “fuck you”. We have earned the right to those 3 points today and it has been stolen.

It’s an utter disgrace.

Meh, football.... pffft... whatever.... what do we care?
....I'm over it now..... I GET it! Football is a fucking Online FIFA pro game now.
RIP the people's game.... that's a joke, FUCK the people.... what do those plebs know
Goodnight.

Absolutely agree. Shit rules, shit refs, VAR, overtly political bullshit. Biased pundits. Football as a money making machine is alive and well, football as the people's game is finished.

I have a feeling the second Covid wave will bring the season to an early close anyway. Can't say I would shed any tears.

Best we’ve played in months this. Pressing the ball, making chances, keeping possession.

Not a Winks fan but don’t understand how he’s getting slated on here for this game? He’s been great mopping the ball up and keeping it moving

What a fucking joke! Is everyone meant to jump with their arms by their sides now??? Andy Carroll the long haired grebo cunt shouting for a handball everytime it went into the box. Football is gone. Disgrace. It’s hit him on back of the arm from a yard away???

I gotta get away from my computer.

I am so absolutely Livid at how they ruined my beloved game.

Not dealing with this well.

And now just heard on talkshite, Son has a hammy and will be out for weeks.

Just fuck off.

Anyway, bullshit VAR and handball decisions aside:

I still think this was a relatively good performance and one to definitely look back on with positives. Especially that first half performance. Thought we looked comfortable defensively. The players knew when to counter, when to press and all seemed to know what was asked of them which was a million times better then what we saw against Everton and in the first half against Southampton.

Ndombele and Reguilon both to come into this side still out of those who are fit enough to make the squad. I cannot wait to see Reguilon bombing up and down that left wing, giving us another dimension.

Three games coming up now, one every 2 days or so. Regardless of priorities, big game on Tuesday. Chelsea is never easy nor would I ever say it's not important. Take this fucking anger out on them and beat them. Knock them out of the cup. Then go and knock Maccabi Haifa out of the cup and go to Old Trafford and show them who the fuck we are.

COYS

The difference is that Gabriel is facing the ball, can see it coming and still handles it, Dier isn't even looking at it. It was far more of a penalty than the Dier one.

But they made some cock and bull story about the ball hitting Gabriel on the T of his shirt so it doesn't count.

basically they make it up as they go along and have enough confusing clauses and grey areas that they can justify whatever decisions they want.
And we all know these kind of calls aren't ever going to go against the likes of Liverpool.

Christian Eriksen has scored a goal more recently for Spurs than Lucas Moura.

Come on Lucas. Bag a hattrick.

Or don't.

Youll still start next week.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom