Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That decision is looking worse, I’ve never disregarded corruption

Meh, football.... pffft... whatever.... what do we care?
....I'm over it now..... I GET it! Football is a fucking Online FIFA pro game now.
RIP the people's game.... that's a joke, FUCK the people.... what do those plebs know
Goodnight.

I don’t disagree. We are wasteful. City, Liverpool, Woolwich, Utd and Chelsea would all have scored more than 1 today. Yes we can be considered unlucky (and cheated)but this has happened quite a lot in the past. We blow very hot and cold in front of goal and whilst it is great scoring 5 against Southampton we need to be clinical more often. We were all over them and although it wasn’t inevitable they would score I wasn’t surprised when they did. My weekend is in ruins 🙁
Is not about being clinical. City were all over us at TH stadium last year but didn't score. Sometimes luck is against you. Applies to all teams.

Normally the chances we had today yield more than 1 goal, but it's not because we aren't clinical. Kane and Son had most of our chances and they are two of the most clinical finishers in the league.

Meh, football.... pffft... whatever.... what do we care?
....I'm over it now..... I GET it! Football is a fucking Online FIFA pro game now.
RIP the people's game.... that's a joke, FUCK the people.... what do those plebs know
Goodnight.

Absolutely agree. Shit rules, shit refs, VAR, overtly political bullshit. Biased pundits. Football as a money making machine is alive and well, football as the people's game is finished.

I have a feeling the second Covid wave will bring the season to an early close anyway. Can't say I would shed any tears.

That decision is looking worse, I’ve never disregarded corruption

Certainly don’t want to defend the ref and I might be wrong but I seem to remember that when he looked at his monitor he was only really shown the point of impact on Dier’s hand. He should have been shown the whole passage of play which would have given him some understanding as to why Dier’s hand was in that position ie he was fouled which forced his hand up. Utter robbery whichever way you look at it

Seriously fuck off. We bossed them from start to finish. Stop feeding the mill this bollocks. It’s disrespectful to the shift the lads have just put in.

Agree

He’s chosen not to mention the World class saves by their keeper in an excellent first half where we dominated and should have been 4/5 goals up

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Everybody in the media is in a flap about the rule. I really don't give a toss if they want to ruin the game by having everybody kick the ball at defenders arms.

The problem is that even with VAR is that the refs and the prem get to decide who they apply it to with zero repercussions.

They had two handballs in the box. Tanguy clearly appealed to the ref. We can only assume that VAR checked it as they are there to check clear and obvious errors and decided no pen. Fair enough.

But the foul from PEH clearly wasn't a foul. Clear and obvious error.

The offside is dubious at best. Remember Sonny?

Two wrongs don't make a right but the wrong only applied to one team.

Certainly don’t want to defend the ref and I might be wrong but I seem to remember that when he looked at his monitor he was only really shown the point of impact on Dier’s hand. He should have been shown the whole passage of play which would have given him some understanding as to why Dier’s hand was in that position ie he was fouled which forced his hand up. Utter robbery whichever way you look at it
That’s not a defence, they were also checking the offside in the run up which means they’d have rolled the entire play several times, the shove was obvious and should have been picked up.
The ref when called pitch side would also see the run up and could request any amount of angles or instances especially since Dier’s back was turned and he not judging on intent since that’s not part of the law.
His decision would be on the action and what lead up to it.
Why if you see the jump and the ball to hand why not the push

Last edited:
Is not about being clinical. City were all over us at TH stadium last year but didn't score. Sometimes luck is against you. Applies to all teams.

Normally the chances we had today yield more than 1 goal, but it's not because we aren't clinical. Kane and Son had most of our chances and they are two of the most clinical finishers in the league.

I respect your opinion but for me too often we have been wasteful in front of goal. Luck certainly plays a part both good and bad but if Kane and Son have an off day the rest of our attacking players can’t really be relied upon to chip in

Already started.
Players in uproar every time a block / corner comes in.
Playing for free kicks even more than before (See Joelinton in the build up to the pen)

Far from progressing the game, this rule takes us back 20 years, where sticking it in the mixer with a couple of big lads waiting brings a greater dividend than any time in recent memory.

Although we should be in with a shout of some international honours if this keeps up.
With the new rules, Newcastle with Carroll are serious top4 contenders

i just saw the game... that penalty just killed football for me.
great match from tottenham, bad luck for son first half, game controlled 2half....and then ref ***** the game...
i have no words for what just happened.

That’s not a defence, they were also checking the offside in the run up which means they’d have rolled the entire play several times, the shove was obvious and should have been picked up.
The ref when called pitch side would also see the run up and could request any amount of angles or instances especially since Dier’s back was turned and he judging on intent since that’s not part of the law.
His decision would be on the action and what lead up to it.
Why if you see the jump and the ball to hand why not the push

I am not defending him I think the whole VAR and standard of reffing is a joke. If the ref was told to make a decision on handball it is possible that he may have concentrated on that and missed the push which was a definite push but not massively blatant at first glance. I definitely think VAR itself is open to corruptIon though and needs to go

Our quality is so much better than NC, but their keeper had quite a day. We looked comfortable on the ball everywhere. We played calmly out of the back, something we have struggled to do for a while. Spurs are going to continue to grow as a team. Keep the faith. We will be a top side.

Heatmap for the ref...

16012274882567.jpg

I'm just trying to imagine the match day experience if things were back to normal.

I've travelled up from Bristol to watch us put in a terrible display and get beaten 1-0 by Wigan. Then not get home until gone 11. Fine, it happens.

If I'd been at the game today (assuming fans were back in) I'd be demanding my money back from the FA. Not just the ticket, but travel costs and compensation.

People simply won't bother watching if shit like this becomes the norm. There's already no point in celebrating a goal in case some minor infringement happened 20 minutes earlier.

The game is fucked.

That was apparent yesterday when a game finishes only to be restarted for penalty.

Back
Top Bottom