Tottenham vs QPR (away) - THE RYAN NELSEN DERBY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB post QPR win- "yeaa umm Harry is a top top guy and he'll keep QPR 100%, definitely, no doubt. I just told my boys to run about a bit today and they did, one of those days for QPR."
:avbcringe: "Harry is a t'riffic manager, the way he set up his team... They caused us lots of problems today... Running around and all that... You'd have to be a real dope to get relegated with a team like that..."

SPURS TEAM NEWS:

Andre Villas-Boas reports no fresh injuries ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash at QPR.

William Gallas remains out with the calf strain he sustained at Villa on Boxing Day but apart from that, long-term absentee Younes Kaboul is the only player on the treatment table.

"William will be out of the game, unfortunately," said Andre after training on Thursday. "The rest of the team is fine."

A reminder that we kick-off at 12.45pm at Loftus Road.

You don't fuck with Mr. myfootballfacts.
I'd take the injuries thing with a pinch of salt, AVB keeps his hands close to his chest, hopefully all is fine though.

QPR v Tottenham (12:45 GMT)

This game is all about 'Arry [QPR manager Harry Redknapp], who was sacked by Tottenham last summer.

It's a game he will think he has a decent chance of winning too.

Redknapp's record since taking charge of Rangers at the end of November is really good. He has turned things around there, although they still have lot to do to make up the gulf in points between them and safety.

In Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan, Redknapp has the same backroom staff with him at QPR that he had at Spurs. They all have a point to prove.

It is another London derby following QPR's win over their neighbours Chelsea in their last Premier League game, and Loftus Road is a tight pitch too, which might negate the impact of Spurs widemen Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon and work in QPR's favour.

That win over Chelsea was massive for QPR - not just for the fact that they got three points, but where and how.

Some of their players might have been wondering how they were going to get out of trouble before that win, but that result at Stamford Bridge will have shown them they can win anywhere.

It is quite interesting that Spurs boss Andre Villa-Boas was talking about when he was sacked by Chelsea again this week - he needs to find some closure on that.

Everyone knows that Chelsea sack their managers, and nobody thinks any worse of him because of it.

Tottenham are on a good run that has taken them to third in the table, but Saturday comes down to Redknapp versus Villas-Boas. I think that battle will end even-stevens.

Lawro's prediction: QPR 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2012-13 Predictions & Table

Lawro: " and Loftus Road is a tight pitch too, which might negate the impact of Spurs widemen Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon and work in QPR's favour."

Loftus Road: 112x72
White Hart Lane: 110x73

1 yard less wide. 1 yard. That's half a yard (approx 40cm) each side. Is that REALLY going to make much difference?

And also, the pitch is longer, and actually has a larger total area, so if anything, I'd expect it to improve our counter attacking threat.

I can see this being a boring game. Hopfully cunts didn't buy tickets to this game and we can all have a good sing and shout. I'm fucked off with paying £50+ to have some shit experience.

I'm fucked off with paying £50+ to have some shit experience.
We'll make it good :parker:

I don't understand why, but this is the most I've been looking forward to a Spurs game for a long time (1882 games aside).

Can't wait! Just one more day of work to get through them we're ready to go!

Every day I make the time I'm getting to the pub earlier and earlier!

Andre Villas-Boas has hit back at Harry Redknapp’s claim that ‘only a real dope’ could fail at Chelsea, insisting: “You have to be able to manage the club first.”
The frosty response comes after Redknapp – sacked last summer to make way for AVB at Spurs – also had a dig at his successor’s analytical approach earlier this season by saying: “bulls*** baffles brains.”
The two go head to head on Saturday, with Redknapp’s QPR team hosting Tottenham.
But asked about Redknapp’s view on managing his former club, the Spurs boss said: “Only if you manage the club can you find out.
You have to be able to access a club like that to experience it.“It’s a different type of club. You have to experience it and then you have to survive in it.”
Villas-Boas, sacked from Stamford Bridge last March after just two-thirds of a season in charge, also appeared to suggest the relationship between him and Redknapp is less than cordial.
Asked if he had spoken to the QPR boss since taking over his old job, he said: “No. I have never spoken to him.”Asked if Redknapp had at any point wished him luck at White Hart Lane, AVB again replied: “No. I have never spoken to him.”And on his relationship with his predecessor, the Portuguese once more stated: “No. I have never spoken to him

AVB treats his press conferences like a game of FM!
Love the part where they say he keeps repeating "No I have never spoken to him" LOL.
Must be bloody annoying when you have to keep repeating yourself when asked stupid questions.

We'll make it good :parker:

I don't understand why, but this is the most I've been looking forward to a Spurs game for a long time (1882 games aside).

Can't wait! Just one more day of work to get through them we're ready to go!

Every day I make the time I'm getting to the pub earlier and earlier!

i just hope i get into the stadium with my nightmare ticketing experience, part my fault, part thfc fault (documented in the qpr pub thread)

When he took over they were bottom and 6 points from 17th..........now they are bottom and 5 points from 17th

:harrylick:

Over the same period we have gone from 8th on 17 points to 3rd on 39 points

:avbcringe:

Baring in mind Southampton have a game in hand, he sure is doing a bang up job

Back
Top Bottom