Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree. I think some new ideas, zest and positivity is exactly what these players need. Someone who makes intelligent, tactical pre and during match decisions. Sure, the squad has its issues, but it's underperforming right now. And that comes from the top.

Couldnt agree more.

Of course it's always a gamble to replace the manager but why are so many on here convinced that someone else couldnt do better than Poch?

We have enough quality - even with injuries we've had - to be top 6 with top 4 still in play.
Do we? Not sure about that at all. I wouldn't have been upset if 7+ bodies came in this summer expecting to be in the XI so hard to think we have enough quality when only 2 of that variety did and they look 1st on the teamsheet.

It wouldn't help to sack Poch. No one would get anything out of these players. I would love us going back to a high pressing game, but that would never happen with passenger Kane

Unfortunately it does seem as though his injuries might be restricting his ability to run into space and offer options to the midfield and defence. His movement off the ball doesn’t seem to be as good recently as I remember it in the past. But I don’t agree that he is a passenger

Just lost for words.

We used to build healthy leads of two/three even four goals in previous seasons at half time. You can count on hand probably how many times we've scored in the first half of a league game in 2019.

That's why we struggle so much against bus parkers. We piss away the first 45 minutes pretty much every time. Today we played alright in the first half but no end product and then after breaking the deadlock we just stopped playing. Sheffield United for the first hour struggled to get out of their half but in the last half an hour could have won it.

I keep telling y'all about Kane... he's just not the same - and never will be now after those injuries - and he cannot play point.

He now has to be used cleverly to get the most out of him.

#10 + bench for recovery and use son and bring in parrot.

We have great quality in sess, ndombee and GLC to provide for those two who are far more dynamic and able to execute on their hunger.

I don't think Kane doesn't want it anymore as some might think... he just can't DO IT anymore, like he used to.

Your weekly line-ups are like bad acid. :kaneshh:

Kane was shit
Dele was Ok at times, so so in periods, but still fairly poor overall
Davies was rubbish....I love Davies
Dier was ok, but crap at crucial moments...I love Dier

Winks was awful....he’s not a scapegoat
What in particular was bad about Winks? Because he made more passes, by far, than anyone else on the pitch during his time on it, at a higher success rate. He put a cross into a dangerous area for Kane to attack. He had more shots on target than Harry Kane and Dele Alli combined. He did his job.

What did you see that made him so shit? That he didn't single handedly drag us to a victory? Because his passing was nearly perfect. He gave the keeper more trouble than our forwards outside of Lucas and Son. He tackled better than our defenders.

Give me a few examples of passages of play you didn't like to warrant him being the worst player.

Out of our 14 players he got an appearance fee today, Winks was in our top 5.

Yet, you pick him out.

Now Pochettino will say he needs time and the team is improving, all the same shit. Have he said he wanted do stay and praise the players when we were doing good he could've bought some time. By the moment he is seeing he's shit and no club will take him.

I must admit I am a little upset.

Don't get back home until gone 10pm either.

Fucking fuckity fuck
I think you are mad to go when we are in such a mess. But it shows what a good loyal fan you are for going. Just when the team needs you & others to get behind them.Weather is crap too. Good on ya goat. At least we didn't lose. I am waiting for us to draw a non league club in the FA Cup so I can go see a guaranteed win.

I also really don't understand why Poch continues to my our CBs play out the back, especially with Dier playing on his weaker side.

Ndombele and Sissoko should be coming back and taking the ball off them and moving it forward. These long passes from our CBs aren't working

Denial? Can you explain?
Your post implies harry was rubbish because of their fullbacks.

Or were you responding to my post about harry with just a statement of unrelated fact?

Because yes, our fullbacks are shite and theirs were better.

But that's not why Kane ended up redundant in this game.

Back
Top Bottom