TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another horrible negative anti-football side comes to the lane.. I'm getting sick of it, these lot started time wasting from the 2nd minute, disgusting.. Got what they deserved. Why do these clubs play like this? don't they think of the fans who pay hard earnt money to be entertained?
Summed them up when they bought a striker off for a defender at 1-1, then the game changed.. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch.
The atmosphere was bad but then it always is for early kick-offs, top that with having to watch teams time wasting all game and the atmosphere is going to be poor.
Glad we managed to unlock a stubborn 10 man defence at last. Danny Rose gives us more going forward, he either gets down the line or forces a foul or a pen like today.
Pleased with another victory after a defeat, lets push on and get another win against an out of form Palace side.

Now off to read about the meltdown after we went 1-0 down, only short lived but i'm sure it's going to be funny.

Just got back. Great result, terrible atmosphere, I mean truly awful. We played well against Leicester (just a bit unlucky) and we played well today. Special mention for Kane, Dembele and Rose.
The atmosphere is always crap for mid day kick offs. Everywhere. Under the circumstances I actually thought it was quite good.

Another horrible negative anti-football side comes to the lane.. I'm getting sick of it, these lot started time wasting from the 2nd minute, disgusting.. Got what they deserved. Why do these clubs play like this? don't they think of the fans who pay hard earnt money to be entertained?
Summed them up when they bought a striker off for a defender at 1-1, then the game changed.. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch.
The atmosphere was bad but then it always is for early kick-offs, top that with having to watch teams time wasting all game and the atmosphere is going to be poor.
Glad we managed to unlock a stubborn 10 man defence at last. Danny Rose gives us more going forward, he either gets down the line or forces a foul or a pen like today.
Pleased with another victory after a defeat, lets push on and get another win against an out of form Palace side.

Now off to read about the meltdown after we went 1-0 down, only short lived but i'm sure it's going to be funny.
It's why English football isn't evolving. Espanyol or some other team may lose 2-10 to Real, but they never think about parking the bus.

Not that i'm sympathising with Sunderland... any club managed by Big Sam deserves all they get...
but really, a 12.45 k.o for a game between two clubs at opposite ends of the Country really isn't fair. Des[ite what their fans may or may not be... having to get up at 3am or whatever, just 'cos TV decrees this is the game that the entire nation wants to eat their lunch with, really doesn't take into account the disruption those decisions cause to football fans up and down the land, week in-week-out.

Early kick-offs are notoriously bad for atmosphere etc. but at least put a mileage limit on what teams should play early... if only to increase the chances of a more local derby, which would, in turn, surely raise the Famous English Atmosphere TM that BT/Sky so desperately crave!!

It took an age to get going today... wouldn't be surprised if the players decided between themselves to score 2 goals in quick succession before HT just to wake everyone the fuck up!!

Not that i'm sympathising with Sunderland... any club managed by Big Sam deserves all they get...
but really, a 12.45 k.o for a game between two clubs at opposite ends of the Country really isn't fair. Des[ite what their fans may or may not be... having to get up at 3am or whatever, just 'cos TV decrees this is the game that the entire nation wants to eat their lunch with, really doesn't take into account the disruption those decisions cause to football fans up and down the land, week in-week-out.

Early kick-offs are notoriously bad for atmosphere etc. but at least put a mileage limit on what teams should play early... if only to increase the chances of a more local derby, which would, in turn, surely raise the Famous English Atmosphere TM that BT/Sky so desperately crave!!

It took an age to get going today... wouldn't be surprised if the players decided between themselves to score 2 goals in quick succession before HT just to wake everyone the fuck up!!

Fuck em...What about me missing drinking time?

It's why English football isn't evolving. Espanyol or some other team may lose 2-10 to Real, but they never think about parking the bus.

The issue imo is the way the PL games are refereed - it has allowed the most negative team in the league to currently be top of the table......and Chelsea weren't much better last season.

The rule makers need to realise that for the PL to continue to dominate world TV audiences and therefore make them the most money, they need to create the conditions for the attacking teams that try to win every game to prosper.

Kirchoff had a Woodgate today. He had a western.

Nevertheless, it was good to see the players respond to Wednesday's game. Glad to see Eriksen amongst the goals and I thought Trippier was brilliant.

Let the lads enjoy the weekend then focus on Palace, which'll be another toughy.

Let the lads enjoy the weekend then focus on Palace, which'll be another toughy.
excuse me? where do you think your going?
we have a 3rd mind numbing game against leicester to get through before we play palace.
you dont get out of it that easily!
we may even get 120mins of huth hoofing it in vardys direction!

Oh-ohhh... off to Madrid then!
Nah it needs an M.
Jermain-Defoe-does-the-Mobot-for-Mo-Farah-charity-single.jpg

excuse me? where do you think your going?
we have a 3rd mind numbing game against leicester to get through before we play palace.
you dont get out of it that easily!
we may even get 120mins of huth hoofing it in vardys direction!
Sorry, sorry! I apologise! I got too carried away!

Of course, rest day tomorrow then focus on Leicester away! I live in Coventry and tried to get tickets as its only 45 mins away.. Bloody sold out! :dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom