Tottenham vs Wolverhampton. Saturday, August 20th. 12:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would start Richarlison ahead of Son for this one, but other than that, spot on imv.
I agree, but I really can't see Conte making 4 changes from the team that started the last 2 games.

Odds on he plays the same team - maybe 1 or 2 changes, but I doubt he'll be changing 4 from the starting lineup that are unbeaten so far.

The funny thing here is that everyone is destroying Man United at the moment. If they some how pull off an Alamo win against Liverpool they'll go above them.
How the fuck will the media cope with this?
Not only will Man U go above the Scousers....... But they'll have had their worst start to a season ever....... And still be above the Scousers.

That's the kind of stat I like

:contekiss:

I agree, but I really can't see Conte making 4 changes from the team that started the last 2 games.

Odds on he plays the same team - maybe 1 or 2 changes, but I doubt he'll be changing 4 from the starting lineup that are unbeaten so far.
I would love to see Perisic given a start at least…!

Why does nobody talk about the foul on Kulusevski leading up the Chelski's 2nd goal? :cool:
It was not a clear foul but it was more of a foul than Bentancur's presumed foul on Havertz (when Benctancur clearly gets a touch on the ball before touching Havertz) as Kulusevski is clearly obstructed and tackled before the Chelski player gain control of the ball.

6:08 & (better view) 6:50

They have been letting those go all game (and other games) as part of letting the game flow, in the context of this season that's not a foul

They have been letting those go all game (and other games) as part of letting the game flow, in the context of this season that's not a foul
I was using it in context with the Bentancur "incident"/tackle. That tackle no one have written about yet the tackle on Kulusevski was no less of a foul

Last edited:
I was using it in context with the Bentancur "incident"/tackle. it's much been written about it yet the tackle on Kulusevski was no less of a foul
If bentancur didn't touch the ball it's a foul in the context, they have also been given. Regardless they had the ball back and it was 40 seconds later, it's a non-argument.

Easy to say we were unbeaten, but we were shit against Chelsea and I think Conte will recognise that and try and jump the curve. Also realistically we know Perisic and Bissouma are in our best XI but he's just bedding them in.

Easy to say we were unbeaten, but we were shit against Chelsea and I think Conte will recognise that and try and jump the curve. Also realistically we know Perisic and Bissouma are in our best XI but he's just bedding them in.

Classic Spurs... We finally get all our key business wrapped up before pre-season starts; then our 2 new starters get Covid and miss an essential phase of pre-season and aren't ready for the beginning of the season. :contefacepalm2:

SSN reporting FC Jorge Mendes have tonight spent another £75m on Nunes and Ramos, and will make their debuts Saturday against us.

Something doesn’t sit comfortable with this, both absolute quality players who would get into any team in the Premier League, be it starting or the bench but they choose wolves??? both giving giving up Champions League football in the process.

Chelsea and Liverpool made late moves for Nunes apparently who Pep described as one of the best players in world football after he gave City’s midfield the run around earlier this year in the UCL.

I must’ve missed who they signed earlier in the window but SSN saying their net spend this summer is £125m now.

That said, 2-0. Like others have mentioned, we owe them one as they’ve done us 3 out of 4 since they came up at our place.

[FORMATION=343, Lloris, Romero, Dier, Davies, Doherty, Bissouma, Bentancur, Perisic, Kulusevski, Kane, Son][/FORMATION]

Perisic and Bissouma are obvious, I think switch Doherty is a vast improvement on Emerson - who I must say I kind of don’t get the hype about his recent games. Son is an interesting one, has been poor first two games so would not be against starting Richarlison instead but we will see.

If you had Richarlison and Moura in for Son and Kane would be my starting 11. Kane and Son played so awfully to their standards but we still won and draw the last one at Chavs? I actually thinkk the two could be tired from the long season ending with no real break followed by the infamous Conte preseason traning

Last edited:
Need to see Bissouma and Perisic here.

For those who aren’t aware; this is the last full week we’ll get until the October internationals between matches. Got a weekend-midweek-weekend schedule from August 28-September-17 and then the same in October as well, with CL.

We must blood in as much of the squad as possible.

If you had Richarlison and Moura in for Son and Kane would be my starting 11. Kane and Son played so awfully to their standards but we still won and draw the last one at Chavs? I actually thinkk the two could be tired from the long season ending with no real break followed by the infamous Conte preseason traning
An interesting point that some pundit made today was that there are going to be a lot of players that are surefire starters for their respective World Cup squads, to maybe try to conserve themselves before the WC.

It might be subconscious but some players are going to do everything they can to not pick up an injury before the WC. This is especially true due to the WC being in the middle of the season this year.

I thought it was an interesting if not valid point.

Last edited:
What is Richarlison going to offer that's different in the LW/AM role that Son plays in?

Richarlison came on and played up top alongside Kane and completely changed the dynamic - he wasn't playing Son's role. He was leading the line with his movement/pressing etc. - something that Kane lacked

If anything, we should play Richarlison up top in a 2 or play him as a 9 by himself. That will completely change the dynamic of how we look.
Contro conte - how do we tell kane he has the day off to relax and recoup when his contract says must take every free kick - "what will you do boss? sub me on when we get a free kick" - "no Harry you need a rest after the shit nations league extended your season, besides your really rubbish at em"

An interesting point that some pundit made today was that there are going to be a lot of players that are surefire starters for their respective World Cup squads, to maybe try to conserve themselves before the WC.

It might be subconscious but some players are going to do everything they can to not pick up an injury before the WC. This is especially true due to the WC being in the middle of the season this year.

I thought it was an interesting if not valid point.
On the other hand, if you don't give 100% when playing for your club, you are likely to be dropped. If you are not playing regularly for your club, you are less likely to be picked for your country.
A generalisation maybe. But at a club like Spurs, with competition for all positions. You need to be giving your all. Plus, Conte, and his team will soon realise you are not pulling your weight.

Back
Top Bottom