Tottenham vs Wolverhampton. Saturday, August 20th. 12:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe I should have bolded the word if

Just for you.
Maybe you should have!!
Nah, to be fair, I get that you said "if" we manage to get 10 points from the next few games etc...
It was more that other teams apparently have trickier fixtures, and we have some "friendly" ones... No games against us are friendly.... *Everyone feckin' hates us, and will raise their game accordingly!

* Exhibit a) see Sunday!

On the other hand, if you don't give 100% when playing for your club, you are likely to be dropped. If you are not playing regularly for your club, you are less likely to be picked for your country.
A generalisation maybe. But at a club like Spurs, with competition for all positions. You need to be giving your all. Plus, Conte, and his team will soon realise you are not pulling your weight.
Very true. A part of me thinks that the World Cup is really on the back of a lot of players’ minds though. And given the weird scheduling of the tournament this year, the desire just to stay healthy and not wear out has to be huge, even if it’s just unconscious. For a lot of players in their late 20s or early 30s, it might just be their last World Cup so to pick up an injury or to go into a tournament not 100% would be devastating for them.

I think we will see 1, max 2 changes to the starting xi for this one. Perhaps Perisic in for Sess and maybe Doherty in for Royal, but we'll see. He'll stick with the same midfield pairing and front 3. I think Bentancur seems to do better against teams outside the top 6.

2-1 Spurs

Maybe you should have!!
Nah, to be fair, I get that you said "if" we manage to get 10 points from the next few games etc...
It was more that other teams apparently have trickier fixtures, and we have some "friendly" ones... No games against us are friendly.... *Everyone feckin' hates us, and will raise their game accordingly!

* Exhibit a) see Sunday!
They're just jealous.

Reckon it's gonna be a low attendance day. Strikes all over, reckon a) a lot of season ticket holdere won't go and b) won't be able to sell on the exchange
Nah, our ST holders will crawl over broken glass to get there.

Mrs. P's crowd have already set off.

Formation Marching GIF by LaGuardia-Wagner Archives

Last edited:
This would be a good chance to make 3-4 changes. We have the depth so give it a chance.

Perisic, Doherty, Richarlison and Bissouma in. Not a punishment benching anyone, just rotation.

Reckon it's gonna be a low attendance day. Strikes all over, reckon a) a lot of season ticket holdere won't go and b) won't be able to sell on the exchange
Tubes start again at 08.00 so I’ll be leaving Sarf London then. Hopefully Breakfasting on Seven Sisters around 10.00, having a pint around 11.30 at the High Cross, and celebrating a goal around 12.35!

Got an email from TFL today

Saturday 20 August​

• National rail strikes are expected to impact the entire national rail network. National rail customers are advised to only travel if absolutely necessary
  • Customers on lines affected by strike action the previous day are encouraged to avoid making journeys until after 08:00
  • The majority of TfL’s services will run from 08:00; however some disruption is expected on the following lines and areas:
    • Reduced service on the London Overground
    • Reduced service on the Elizabeth line
    • No service on the District line between Wimbledon and Parson's Green, and Richmond and Turnham Green before 08:00 and after 18:00
    • No service on the Bakerloo line north of Queen's Park
    • Reduced London Trams service
    • There are additional strikes affecting some bus services on Saturday 20 August that will impact routes in west and south west London and parts of Surrey. Check to see if your route will be affected

I'm wary of making wholesale changes.

We played well after we woke up against Southampton. That fluidity goes when you make too many changes.

Perisic for Sess.
Bissouma for PEH.

They are the only 2 changes I would make. Early in the season, son needs minutes to get going, this might be a game where it clicks for him. I understand the reasons why people want Richarlison to start but he made an impact from the bench last game, no reason he can't this game. He'll get his chance to start, probably against forest where I think we'll need him more as Forest will want to try and be aggressive and that's a game for richarlison over Son.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Emerson Bentancur Bissouma Perisic
Kulusevski Kane Son

Back
Top Bottom