Tottenham vs Wolverhampton. Saturday, August 20th. 12:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez in then, I imagine.

Would much rather see:

Dier - Lenglet - Davies
Just because Dier is better on the ball than Sanchez and Lenglet is too left footed to play on the right side of defence. It also means at any point, we can switch to a 4 at the back with Lenglet being a left sided centre back.

Not that it's too much of an issue regardless. Sanchez has performed admirably every time he was called upon under Conte last season and as mentioned before, our fixture list that's coming up is rather friendly for us considering what it could be.
think thats the best thing to do as well. sanchez not good enough on the ball, we need as much on the ball quality as possible in these games.

got to impose ourselves and suffocate these sort of teams, not have scrappy games where we have a serious lack of football quality out there.

A way round Sanchez's passing deficiencies from the back is to start a press resistant central midfielder who's comfortable receiving a pass from the defence and moving it forward. I know just the guy...

0_GettyImages-1403494231.jpg

Bad news about Romero but if there was such a thing as a good time to have him out it would be now.. After Sunday he is going to be a marked man and under scrutiny from refs/VAR and carded for every tackle.

I have no issues with Sanchez covering as he did a top job when called upon end of last season.

youd like to think lenglet is going to start getting into the team. desperately need that quality on the ball from deep now romero out.
I think we will ease him at LCB first.

If we played him in CCB and shifted Dier to RCB then we are making 2 changes to the back 3 rather than 1.

I'm pretty sure it's Sanchez- Dier - Davies for the Wolves game. It's funny when you consider they are 3 of the most heavily criticised players of the last 5 years.

What was the criticism with Lenglet? That he was hit or miss when it comes to defending?
think so not too sure. but hes more protected in a 3 anyway so its going to suit him. hes almost like a CB playmaker is there is such thing. proper footballer with good technique and understanding on how to use the ball. he was only on for like 8 mins the other day and slipped a lovely through ball through for son. think he looks elite on the ball for a defender.

the way the game is now the CB's get so much of the ball and they have to be good on it because if their quality of pass isnt bang on the moves broken down before its even started

I think we will ease him at LCB first.

If we played him in CCB and shifted Dier to RCB then we are making 2 changes to the back 3 rather than 1.

I'm pretty sure it's Sanchez- Dier - Davies for the Wolves game. It's funny when you consider they are 3 of the most heavily criticised players of the last 5 years.
oh yea im on about lenglet taking over from davies.

sanchez--dier--lenglet offers more quality than
sanches --dier --davies

we need to impose ourselves on wolves, lenglet will have plenty of the ball and be required to play out with quality to get attacks going.

if a teams sitting back and sanchez dier and davies are your defenders getting on the ball looking to get something going you know its going to be a long night

I'm not sure how Doherty goes from getting six minutes against Southampton to making our starting 11. Emerson seems to be the preferred player there for the foreseeable. Perisic seems a likely replacement for Sessegnon on the other side.

I think Conte will stick with Son for now and I'm not sure that Bissouma has done enough to displace either Hojberg or Bentancur yet (he will, though!).

Sanchez for Romero is a forced change through injury.

My prediction is the same team with two changes - Perisic for Sessegnon and Sanchez for Romero.

Last edited:
My hope

Lloris
Sanchez - Dier - Lenglet
Doherty - Bissouma - Hojbjerg - Perisic
Kulu - Kane - Richarlison

My prediction
Lloris
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Emerson- Bentancur- Hojbjerg - Perisic
Kulu - Kane - Son

Back