Tottenham vs Wolverhampton. Saturday, August 20th. 12:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Romero out I'd go

[FORMATION=343, Lloris, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Doherty, Bissouma, Bentancur, Perisic, Kulusevski,
Kane, Son][/FORMATION]

Bench: Forster, Spence, Emerson, Lenglet, Sessegnon, Hojbjerg, Lucas, Gil, Richarlison
Injured: Romero, Skipp
Not Selected: Austin, Tanganga, Reguilon, Sarr, Ndombele, Winks, White

This is a massive banana skin.

Wolves aren't to be taken lightly - in our last 4 Premier league home games against them, they've managed to win 3 out of 4 of them - in our backyard!! We need to be at our best.

A win would mean we'd already be 7 points up on the same results from last year.

I’m driving in from Southwark on Saturday. If anyone near here is fucked getting in shout me, btw ain’t driving a fucking coach.

Saturday morning...
china-05.jpg

Wolves aren't to be taken lightly - in our last 4 Premier league home games against them, they've managed to win 3 out of 4 of them - in our backyard!! We need to be at our best.

A win would mean we'd already be 7 points up on the same results from last year.
Agree. I just hope for the first time this season we can get the first goal. If we do then I'll be very confident. Won't be a walkover though.

Bad news about Romero but if there was such a thing as a good time to have him out it would be now.. After Sunday he is going to be a marked man and under scrutiny from refs/VAR and carded for every tackle.

I have no issues with Sanchez covering as he did a top job when called upon end of last season.
I'm thinking of him missing for a few games as being like he ACTUALLY got sent off last week for the hair pull....
but then they would've got the free kick from the corner... and we'd have lost 2-1

Instead, HE stayed on, WE scored from it and GOT the draw!

I'll take that!

Having said that, the PL will no doubt wait until he's fit again to give him his 3-game retrospective ban!!

They have the new signing neunes and moutinho fit also. They have a good midfield and quick players. Spurs need to proper be on it tomorrow. Its not Southampton
and Saturday too.

Week's going slowly, isn't it? Was just thinking that, too. Still love your sig pic though.

Historically, Sanchez has had one serious mistake in him, per game. Though I must say he seems to have improved lately. I remember when Dier had the same tendency (to foul up, big time, once per game) - and everyone got on his back about it. Sanchez has improved. Let's hope it's a solid, sustained improvement, like Dier's has been.

No defender is ever perfect, but Sanchez is definitely improving.

Historically, Sanchez has had one serious mistake in him, per game. Though I must say he seems to have improved lately. I remember when Dier had the same tendency (to foul up, big time, once per game) - and everyone got on his back about it. Sanchez has improved. Let's hope it's a solid, sustained improvement, like Dier's has been.

No defender is ever perfect, but Sanchez is definitely improving.
It’s not the odd mistake that annoys me, it’s the lack of ability on the ball. A Royal/Sanchez duo is crippling

I presume Wolves will start their new signing Matteus Nunes. Signing announced today, he plays a guaranteed worldie on debut, 48 hours later. Wouldn’t it be nice not to spend half a season ‘bedding in’ our new signings?

Interesting stat is that the away team wins this fixture more than the home team.

But let's look at our home defeats. The 1-3 at Wembley was, IMO, when the alarm bells started to ring for the Poch era. The 2-3 was a bit of a crazy game and the 0-2 last season because Winks was on the pitch

Back
Top Bottom