Tottenham vs Woolwich when are they going to play this match.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saka out the England squad with Covid.

Another 'outbreak' for Woolwich given 1 player has it.

They play in 10 days, so probably available for their next league fixture, not having to endure pointless international friendlies.

It's a difficult one for the schedulers to balance. They have to make sure it isn't near the Chelski away game in hand AND Romero has to have picked up his second booking to ensure he is unavailable. Won't somebody please think of poor Legoman and his congested fixture list.

On the other hand Michael Oliver will be ready to have the game of his life with Mike Dean on VAR.

There are only 3 possible midweek dates left that it can be played on:

12/13th April, 10/11th May or 18/19th May.

I hope it's in May, preferably the last midweek before the final game of the season.
A heaving and intimidating Spurs stadium, on an early summers evening, with 4th place still up for grabs.
Bring it on!

Saturday 7th May

Woolwich v Leeds United
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur

Sunday 15th May

Newcastle United v Woolwich
Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley

Sunday 22nd May

Woolwich v Everton
Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur

While the Semi finals are played on the 27th April and the 4th May, would it not be possible for the Tuesdays to be free i.e. the 26th April or the 3rd May?

If so:
  1. 26th April would be ideal (after they play midweek the week before against Chelsea followed by Utd)
  2. 12/13th April or 18/19th May would be fairer for both teams
  3. 3rd May would be bad for us (before our Liverpool game, after their West Ham game)
  4. 10/11th May would the worst (between Liverpool and Burnley, while they have two easier games)
If there was any fairness, as they bottled and cancelled the derby with one Covid case, we should be allowed to choose which date of the open dates we would like. But when is it ever fair for us when Woolwich are involved (lasagnegate still hurts the most)

Last edited:
While the Semi finals are played on the 27th April and the 4th May, would it not be possible for the Tuesdays to be free i.e. the 26th April or the 3rd May?
The 26th April is a viable date (I missed this in my original post) as both teams are scheduled to play on the previous Saturday.

Woolwich play West Ham away on Sunday 1st May, so playing us 2 days later on the 3rd of May is not going to happen.

At the very least..... The players who were suspended and unavailable to play due to AFCON or bookings etc, should no way be allowed to play in this fixture otherwise its just blatantly giving Woolwich an advantage over every other club.

Not playing devil’s advocate here but when they cancelled the game, Son was injured and we didn’t have Bentancour and Kulu. They bottled it but now they have to face a *much* stronger and better organised Spurs side. They’re getting dicked no matter what team they put out.

The 26th April is a viable date (I missed this in my original post) as both teams are scheduled to play on the previous Saturday.

Woolwich play West Ham away on Sunday 1st May, so playing us 2 days later on the 3rd of May is not going to happen.
I hope it's not 26 April because I'll be on my first overseas holiday for two years.

They have managed to avoid the trip down Tottenham High Road for three years. Crazy to think we haven't had an NLD with more than 2k fans since 2019.

Edit: Actually just had a look, I forgot about Wembley (what a miserable place). We haven't had a proper NLD at WHL since 2017!

It’s going to be mid week after our Liverpool game, the PL knows that it gives those scum bags the best chance of winning

Which leaves it between their games vs Leeds & Newcastle; whom you'd expect to be safe and on he beach by then.

vs Us against Liverpool (title challenge) and Burnley (relegation dog fight).

Cheats Prospering: Chapter 19873323. :avbnaa:

Last edited:
I’m not gonna be there but please, for anyone going, in the closing minutes when we’re three goals to the good, get a sing sing going will you:

“Shall we get, shall we get, shall we get the game called off?”

To the tune of Shall we make a DVD.

Let’s rub in the fact the cunts ran scared and we will never, ever let them forget it.

I’m not gonna be there but please, for anyone going, in the closing minutes when we’re three goals to the good, get a sing sing going will you:

“Shall we get, shall we get, shall we get the game called off?”

To the tune of Shall we make a DVD.

Let’s rub in the fact the cunts ran scared and we will never, ever let them forget it.
We must avoid going two up in the first half or they’ll all fail tests at HT and get it called off.

Back
Top Bottom