TV wars: who is having the better tournament

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

who is having tge better tournament

• itv

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • bbc

Votes: 51 86.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The amateurs at ITV at it again... It's the Netherlands, not Holland. You can call them Holland as a nickname but the scoreboard should say Netherlands.

For the record Holland is an area (North and South Holland are essentially counties) of the Netherlands. Bit like calling England "Yorkshire"...
Adrian Chiles also said that the game changed when 'van Huntelaar' came on...

:paulinhofacepalm:

The amateurs at ITV at it again... It's the Netherlands, not Holland. You can call them Holland as a nickname but the scoreboard should say Netherlands.

For the record Holland is an area (North and South Holland are essentially counties) of the Netherlands. Bit like calling England "Yorkshire"...

Really hope Holland stay there longer. Less time for LVG to sort out the Man Utd mess.

Yes I said Holland.

Holland Holland Holland

:holtbytongue:

"Gaffer, Gaffer, Gaffer, Gaffer."

Good idea

GafferTape05A.jpg

What pisses me off even more is that they refused to call Ivory Coast anything other than Cote d'Ivoire earlier in the tournament. Pick a naming convention and stick with it.

I wish they'd bring back the option to switch the commentary off and just have the crowd noise.

The commentators go from bad to worse with their endless bollocks.

And why three pundits for each match on each channel? Waste of money, especially on the BBC pissing our licence fee down the drains of Shearer, Ferdinand, Hansen etc.

Lineker gets a pass as he scored two goals against Woolwich in the FA Cup semi final. He can therefore do anything he likes.

I don't know if it has been said on here, but Roberto Martinez for ESPN, has IMO been awesome, some of his pre match and special segments have been fantastic.

Mark Lawrenson sounds so pleased to get paid for watching football at the World Cup in Brazil.

He's such a miserable sod watching the games, I dread to think what he's like when shit goes wrong at home.

Hansen fucked me off tonight. Germany had just put five past the Brazilians in the first half and all he can focus on is the defence. Yes, they were dreadful, but how about evening things up with a focus on how brilliant the Germans were? Cunt

Hansen fucked me off tonight. Germany had just put five past the Brazilians in the first half and all he can focus on is the defence. Yes, they were dreadful, but how about evening things up with a focus on how brilliant the Germans were? Cunt
Which Shearer countered. Football on TV is all about creating bullshit confrontation between the pundits.

Back
Top Bottom