UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bargain. Make sure you can transfer the tickets to City tho?
And the goals going to be checked by VAR...

Manchester-City-Tottenham-VAR-1115850.jpg

Key thing for me is somewhere away hot and sunny or just nice for half term week so I can go whilst pretending it’s a family trip. Valencia would be ideal.

Would like Lille for ease of getting there.

Bayern Munich (Germany)
Spurs
F.C. Salzburg (Austria)
F.C. Copenhagen (Just found out they got knocked out last night! So there goes that idea)
Atlanta will have to do instead (Bergamo, Italy)

I'd love this group. Games aren't too hard, easy to get to, food and beer is great and the cities are beautiful.

munich-alamy.jpg
AUS_SAL_F0068WebOriginalCompressed.jpg

view_of_bergamo-1024x683.jpg
Those Pics are the Red Light areas, right?
Asking for a friend.

I'll sign for that now as Pochettino says, translating a common Spanish expression.

Valencia's a great city, the weather will be pleasant whenever we play them, and they're (a) not that great at the best of times, slow starters too and (b) in full crisis mode at the minute, with the manager, Marcelino, and the owner, Peter LIm, a Singaporean business magnate who seems to have no interest in the club, in open conflict. Just about to sell their best striker too, Rodrigo to Atleti.

Pretty easy to get tickets for as well.

In Valencia area at the moment, it’s a great city. Wandered round the mestalla yesterday.

Would definitely want to come back here to see Spurs.

Although spanish police tend to get a bit heavy handed where we are concerned.

Maybe :

As Barcelon can be matched with 6 teams in group B ( including Spurs)
PSG. Ditto but 8 teams
Juventos 7 teams
Bayern , Zenit, 6 teams
Mancity, Chelsea, Liverpool 7 teams ( excluding spurs).

Total chances for all teams is 57 ( is sum all chances for teams to be matched in group A)

Repeat number of teams in Group B that each team can be matched by a team I group A :
Real, Atletico, Dortmund , Napoli can be matched with 7 teams
shakhtsr Benfica and Ajax can be matched with 8 teams
Spurs can only be matched with,5 teams
Again total matches for all teams in group B is ,57.

So chances of :
Spurs and Barca = 6,/57 + 5/57 or 11/57
Spurs and PSG =. 8/57 + 5/57 or 13/57
Spurs and Juve = 7/57 + 5/57 or 12/57
Spurs and Bayern -same as for Juve
Spurs and Zenit -same as PSG

Years since I did any stats but the answers seem about right!

We'll see if there are any mathematical geniuses on the site though
Sounds like the right method, but I think Bayern can be matched with 7 teams and Zenit with any of the 8, no? Or are UEFA still preventing any matches between Russian and Ukrainian teams? Also it could change a bit if Ajax don't get through and Lyon go up to pot 2, but that's probably unlikely.

Agreed, I got Bayern matched with 7 teams and Zenit with 8

Don't think UEFA have s formal ban but I can imagine complaints from one or more of the team's if the Russians are drawn with the Ukrainians - I watched a match between I think it was Serbia and Croatia or Bosnia in the world cup in a pub with a very partisan pub, and was very surprised at the depth of feeling from the Balkan wars of 20or so years ago so the conflict in eastern Ukraine will stoke up very bad feelings.

Glad you agree the general statistical approach though, as I say it's years since I've done this kind of stuff.

Expect it won't be announced till after the draw since we don't know which dates we're home or away on until then.

Yeh, probably a bit early still; just trying to keep my head in the game... Even with apps and stuff, I'm still terrible with this shit. I think subconsciously I just fear the dreaded wheel!

Just a quick point for those wanting Atlanta - they'll be playing at the San Siro as their stadium is being renovated.
As a member I got to Milan last year so this would be great for any one else who's ever fancied a Euro away day as I'd imagine we'd get as many tickets as we want.

Back
Top Bottom