Upgrades, Backup & New Aquisions In prep for next season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We would be fucking thick to let Sandro go after so many years of trying to get a good defensive midfield and not having to worry about that position anymore. He's signed a contract till 2016 at the start of this season anyway.

Sandro is arguably more valuable than Parker right now by virtue of the fact he has loads of years left.

If we let him go we are mental.

I rate Sandro very highly. Not been convincing in the last couple of games but he's coming off the back of injury and just needs some playing time under his belt.

Last year in the CL he was an absolute monster, we'd be mental to sell him after seeing how good he is on his day.

Abbey Yid said:
I rate Sandro very highly. Not been convincing in the last couple of games but he's coming off the back of injury and just needs some playing time under his belt.

Last year in the CL he was an absolute monster, we'd be mental to sell him after seeing how good he is on his day.
exactly this. Lads got the potential to become one of the best, if not the best, DM in the world. absolute madness (THIS IS SPARTA :parker: ) to sell him

Resigned to yet another rebuilding season, what's it now, part XXXIV?

GK - New (Brad can be backup)
RB - Walker
LB - BAE
CB - Dawson/Caulker
CB - Kaboul
CM - Parker
CM - Sandro
CM - Huddlestone
LW - New
RW - Lennon
FW - New
MGR - Definitely NEW

I think Levy will find it hard to conclude deals this summer as the cash from the Bale/Modric/VdV sales will make other clubs ask silly money for their players.

Players with potential to improve left:

GK: Gomes
RB: Walker, Smith
CB: Caulker, Kaboul, Dawson(?)
LB: Benny, Rose
RM: Lennon
CDM: Sandro, Huddlestone
CM: Livermore
CAM: Falque, Niko(?)
LM: Bale, Townsend
FW: Lancaster, Dos Santos

I think we've seen the peak of everyone else and nothing a new manager could particularly change. Not saying that we should get rid of Freidel, Gallas, King, Parker, VdV, Modric, Defoe etc. but I don't think the team should be built around them as they are hardly here to stay or can be relied upon to step up week in week out.

So for the future I think we're light on a goalkeeper, centre-back, right-midfielder, centre-midfielder that can score, and a reliable striker.

Back
Top Bottom