Upgrading the forum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm loving the new software, did some reading up and it's made by two ex developers of vBulletin which was always my favourite script to use a few years ago. I was wondering how long it would be until forums started using facebook style alerts and etc.

Admin Admin one thing I just noticed is the textarea for posting doesn't seem to act responsively any more, maybe it does if I view this on a phone or a tablet but if you resize the window on a desktop the dreaded horizontal scrollbar appears.

Yea, vBulletin are trying to sue them now as well.

Resizing the text-editor doesn't quite work the same as with standard page elements. Resize then refresh the page and it slots into place.

In terms of navigation, a drop-down menu would be easier to jump from forum to forum. Could it be at the top and bottom of the page? Love you. x

Breadcrumbs show you where you are in the site. They're not supposed to let you jump whole sections, that's what the little icon to the right of breadcrumbs does. I realise that actually involves clicking though. Exercise your trigger finger x

I think the forum could use some yellow borders left and right of the posts.

images

Just saying :p

Éperons Éperons They released a new version of the tagging thing today so I updated it. How good of them to remove all the permissions.

Try now?

Having someone on 'ignore' is really fucked up on the new forum as it doesn't even tell you you've ignored the post......a couple of threads make no sense whatsoever

(if no one replies to this I guess I'd better take the hint! lol)

Back
Top Bottom