USA OUT of the World Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering how little it personally costs me in time and effort to say the words, no I don't think that is the case and the point is overly academic rather than practical. If you keep peppering me with questions however, then it starts testing the theory.
What it "costs" you is entirely beside the point. The fact that you want your opinion to be on record as "not caring" when you know others do is the reason for the "hipster" comment. There are lots of teams I don't care about missing qualification but I won't be posting about not caring.

I couldn't disagree more. But this can be discussed in the College Football thread if we really care to
Yeah, I'm pretty much with you. It's just a shit NFL if we start paying them. College football would really lose its community appeal to me if money was the main motivator for a player choosing to play for my team over the quality of the program or the draw of the school itself.

I really haven't researched where all the money pulled in from the major athletic programs goes so I won't speak to the fairness of how it's distributed (I know coaches get paid a ton and people take issue with that for a myriad reasons), but paying it into the pockets of the players in ways outside of a free education and certain other reasonable stipends doesnt seem to be the first answer for me when you have adjunct professors living in poverty and paying students weighed down with financially crippling loans as it is.

The players get a platform to advertise themselves to future employers and possibly a free degree if they finish school before leaving. I think that's pretty swell.

For some reason the acronym USMNT really winds me up, it just feels uneccessary.
I've got no real reason behind it.

Same way I think POTUS is stupid, and even worse FLOTUS

What it "costs" you is entirely beside the point. The fact that you want your opinion to be on record as "not caring" when you know others do is the reason for the "hipster" comment. There are lots of teams I don't care about missing qualification but I won't be posting about not caring.

He was not caring about the Us team before it was cool.....

Joey Barton thinks there was something odd(suspicious) about the Equadorian No23’s positioning and movement for all of Messi’s goals.
There's odd positioning and movement by defenders for most of Messi's goals. That's part of his brilliance, to manipulate defenders with his own control, movement and timing. I don't expect Joey Barton to understand.

At least our anthem isn't sung to praise one person who was given a title, not based on any merit or accomplishment, but simply because of the fact of what family she came from.

Don't you hold big parades to celebrate her like they celebrate Kim Jong Un in NK?
Everyone loves the Queen mate. Barking up the wrong tree there. Liz fo' life.

Shit loads of boxing world champions as well

Oh and punching high above our weight in the Olympics

Oh and Tour De France winners

If no one has seen or heard some of the stuff that former US player Taylor Twellman has been saying about this clusterfuck you should check it out. He hits on some very good points. This is just a mild example...

If no one has seen or heard some of the stuff that former US player Taylor Twellman has been saying about this clusterfuck you should check it out. He hits on some very good points. This is just a mild example...

That's nothing that hasn't been said before about most international teams.
For your sakes I really hope your FA listen to him.

That's nothing that hasn't been said before about most international teams.
For your sakes I really hope your FA listen to him.
I hope they do... but they won't.

I heard him on a radio show this morning and one of his other big points and arguments was the NCAA and parents obsession with their kids playing in college. I wish I could find the audio because it was a great take.

Unfortunately, for most kids in the US, football is not a first choice sport. Everyone want's to play American football or basketball. Even youth baseball has suffered here in recent history.

Unfortunately, for most kids in the US, football is not a first choice sport. Everyone want's to play American football or basketball. Even youth baseball has suffered here in recent history.
Ehhh, gotta disagree with you there. I believe that it is clearly a "first-choice" sport and is extremely competitive at the youth level. It falls apart at the college level.

Ehhh, gotta disagree with you there. I believe that it is clearly a "first-choice" sport and is extremely competitive at the youth level. It falls apart at the college level.
Maybe I chose words poorly. It is not the first choice sport for most young kids. I'm sure it may be more popular in parts of the country, but I have lived in the North East and now the South East and for the most part soccer takes a backseat to American football, basketball and up North hockey.

I hope they do... but they won't.

I heard him on a radio show this morning and one of his other big points and arguments was the NCAA and parents obsession with their kids playing in college. I wish I could find the audio because it was a great take.

Do you think with yous not getting to the WC and wasted investment, as it will no doubt be portrayed, along with the huge popularity and opportunities of other sports there is a danger of football being left to rot?

It would be a shame to lose US altogether from the world stage.

The pre-season Spurs games looked amazing and that tail-gating thing is something else!! :)

Back
Top Bottom