Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks. You were ignorantly whinging about this before the game.... We had 7 or 8 players missing today. Plus we bought GLC and Ndombele both whom have creative element to their games. Son and Dele also think you're talking gash.

They have creative elements? What the fuck does that mean? We could have 50 players all coming back from injury but they don't add up to one true playmaker. None of those you named can replace Eriksen. No one else in our squad is like him. We have a squad filled with runners, and almost no passers. It's been obvious for years and yesterday demonstrated that in the most alarming way.

That stadium was LOUD today. In fact, I'd say it was joyous, ecstatic - and totally amazing. 2 hours later and I think my ears have just about recovered.
Those Villa fans had a treat! Not only did they have 60 happy minutes, but they also got to visit the best stadium in the land.
watched it on the telly and couldn't hear the words the crowd were singing to the Allez Allez song. Can anyone tell me what they were. The crowd sounded amazing

They have creative elements? What the fuck does that mean?

What the fuck do you think it means....?

They're both profiled as having creative attributes to their game.

We could have 50 players all coming back from injury but they don't add up to one true playmaker. None of those you named can replace Eriksen. No one else in our squad is like him. We have a squad filled with runners, and almost no passers. It's been obvious for years and yesterday demonstrated that in the most alarming way.

You were previously bitching that we did nothing in the trf window to aid creativity.

However, we brought in Ndombele & Lo Celso to do just that from CM (which is where CE spent much of last season in case you hadn't noticed).

...Harry Winks can also pick a pass.
...As can Harry Kane.
...As can Toby.

Not that I agree with your assertion, but if you think our sqaud is purely filled with "runners" then maybe that's what the gaffa wants to build his team with? ...Maybe the gaffa doesn't see a future for a "true playmaker" in our ranks?

If a 3 man MF of Ndombele / Winks / GLC clicks then arguably there's no room for a trad. #10.

You are using a lot of roundabout ways of essentially reinforcing my actual original point which was that we failed in finding a replacement for Eriksen who we knew wanted out; and that should have arguably been top priority in the transfer window. You can call it 'bitching' if you want, it's pretty basic observation on my part.

Also it's downright ridiculous to suggest that because our CB can 'pick out a pass' that we don't need a real playmaker.

Nah, you've just got an extremely rigid view of what "creativity" is and how an XI should be put together.

Ndombele / Winks / GLC
Son / Kane / Lucas

Looks the bollocks to me...

Revisit your original posts (both pre and post game); you moaned about no creativity being brought in during the trf window.... Now you're revising comments to being about a specific type of position/player.

Your comment about CB is strawman.... Do one.

Last edited:
watched it on the telly and couldn't hear the words the crowd were singing to the Allez Allez song. Can anyone tell me what they were. The crowd sounded amazing
Villa were doing the Allez Allez song, singing about their 1982 European Cup win. Peter Withe etc. I heard them on the tube doing it.

I don't know why you are so hostile and shitty, but anyway, each to their own.

I just find myself taking exception to someone ignoring what we do have in our ranks in order to cement their 'bias' about what we don't have, be that your moaning about depth in general or glossing over this summer's recruitment re Eriksen's potential exit.

Again... You didn't start off bemoaning that lack of new "playmaker"; you complained of a lack of creativity so I guess I found the shift of goalposts a tad annoying in the sense that I may have responded differently or not at all.

If I seem a little irritated, do you not think pretentding not to understand simple statements in my retort may further fuel this?

My post before the match was about our subs bench looking weak and that we didn't move on players like Wanyama, nothing said about creativity at all. And you jumped at me out of nowhere, acting as shitty as you are doing now and told me not to talk about transfers, because you get to police what people are allowed to talk about around here apparently...

If I've confused my engagement with you pre-match with a similar exchange I had with another poster then fair play, I'll hold my hands up and apologise (even though your underlying sentiment was balatantly the same), but what on earth do you mean by "jumping you out of nowhere"?

Should I have PM'd you in advance before replying or something?

Much later in the thread I started talking about my annoyance at the club being so shockingly reliant on Eriksen for creativity and our failure to find a replacement. And you showed up again, acting as you do.

I don't care about your imagined formations and whether it's the bollocks or not, the point is that none of what you've said comes close to excusing the fact we could very conceivably lose Eriksen in the next few weeks and we would be profoundly weaker for it.

Of course a) how we lined up last year and b) potential line-ups for this season; alongside mention of c) the other players in our ranks and d) those we've brought in this summer all addresses your comments about what we lack... Especially if my replies are taken on board as per how you originally articulated your complaint.

If we're not playing with a trad. #10 then why would we blow a tonne of money buying a new one? ...Meanwhile we bought 2 players to help bolster creativity and control from CM.

(That's why I posted that 433 that I did; not cos I fancy myself as some kind of visionary or armchair manager.)

Last edited:
What is a ‘straw man ‘?
"...A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be 'attacking a straw man.'…”

Piece of piss. Fuck off Villa. COYS
Sorry but I don't agree. We were outplayed in the 1st half. No one can argue with that. But once Eriksen came on, we saw the whole team raise their game. But it was not a piece of piss by any means. Let's hope Poch realised his error and starts CE against City. There is a real chemistry between Winks, Kane, Ndombele and Eriksen and hopefully once Lo Celso joins the mix, well, I can see us challenging for 2nd place.

Back
Top Bottom