Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vincent-Janssen-0001.jpg

Fat? Really guys?

He doesn't have the body of Hercules, granted, but fat? I have to wonder how many of you are chiselled gods, that you can look down on a professional athlete who could outperform you every day of the week and call him fat. What fucked up definitions of body type the 21st century has, where anything other than bones is a negative.

We're about to sign a young, 30+ goals a year striker for a fairly cheap amount and all people care about is his body. Bizarre.

Is that Greg Wallace hitting him with a hammer?

Too sensible.

Of course Kane needs a rest and evidently the longer players have to bed in the better it is for all concerned.

We need two strikers and more besides.

Our squad played near its optimum last season and needs bolstering.

Lets hope we get some movement this week.
Kane didn't get injured last season which means there's no way he will get injured next season!
Also a new striker could knock kane's confident's.
There is no guarantee a new striker will be a success.
No new striker is the way forward.
levy knows best.

Kane didn't get injured last season which means there's no way he will get injured next season!
Also a new striker could knock kane's confident's.
There is no guarantee a new striker will be a success.
No new striker is the way forward.
levy knows best.

Mate, I am assuming irony.

Lord knows how Mourinho is going to be able to maintain the motivation of Rashford, Rooney and Martial now they have bought Ibrahimovic.

Must be a real bad move bringing in players who might also score goals and drag up the level of anyone fighting for the right.

Levy has obviously done a lot of good things and presided over years of financial stability but he has also literally brainwashed people into thinking we can't buy players unless their clubs sell exactly at the reduced price we are willing to pay.

Incredible.

Mate, I am assuming irony.

Lord knows how Mourinho is going to be able to maintain the motivation of Rashford, Rooney and Martial now they have bought Ibrahimovic.

Must be a real bad move bringing in players who might also score goals and drag up the level of anyone fighting for the right.

Levy has obviously done a lot of good things and presided over years of financial stability but he has also literally brainwashed people into thinking we can't buy players unless their clubs sell exactly at the reduced price we are willing to pay.

Incredible.
Rashford will leave unless he gets 250k per week too.

It wasn't the long ago when everyone was saying, including HR himself that 3 into 2 doesn't go and it was hard to man manage. We actually had 4 of Crouch, an injured Pav, Defoe and Keane.
If I remember correctly Crouch wasn't too happy at being left out like he was at Liverpool before he left for Pompey.
However, it is a lot easier to sit on the bench and pick up a vast sum over 4-5 yrs knowing that you've 'made it' than sitting on the bench trying to.
Ask Bony as he trousers 23.4m over 4 and a half years. ( edit yet I suppose that may have a bit to do with his appearance fee add ons and the money they have to pay swansea if he plays a certain percentage of games)

We are about to make Kane our highest paid player, 100k a week isn't it, with a new 5 yr deal - after the ink has yet to dry on his last improved contract signed in February. So, expect Rashford..or his advisers, to ask for vastly improved pay deal if Martial/Rooney or Ibra are not banging them in consistently when he is. Especially if he is also a regular international.
Remember, Walcott gets 140k a week.
We now play with one up front.
Probably why MP tends to go for the more versatile, hard working kind of forward like Janssen. He has played in a 4141, 4231, 4312, 4132 and 442 formations over last season. So can play on his own or with a partner and score.

Why is nobody now creaming themselves for Benteke or Lukaku? They are both probably available.

Last edited:
Vincent imminent?
Vincent derived from the name Vincentius derived from the latin Vincere (to Conquer)
Janssen, basically John.
Conker John.

90% confident we will sign him.
Especially at the price mentioned.
Should be a good signing I reckon.

I sure hope so, grief!
Making this signing will be a really good result so I hope we can close the deal

Can 'we' close the thread before page 30 with the picture of Vinny J with the scarf at Hotspur Way? Luckily it's only an hour's flight. Let's start checking the Ryanair/Easyjet flights to Stansted from Alkmaar.

arguments about chess
arguments on the joke thread
arguments about short fat dog breeds
arguments about Son/Lamela/AVB

Back
Top Bottom