Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine 25 years ago a kid in his bedroom cutting out the then equivalent of Janssen's head from a paper and sticking it on the Spurs player's head of a poster they have in their bedroom dreaming of the signing being done and dusted there and then

In reality no kid was even that sad, people used to actually wait for things to happen, now middle aged men waste hours waiting for the transfer kettle to boil, desperately clicking links, what a sad existence!

Apart from that, hope everyone had a great Monday

:llorisserious:

You never discovered Club Call, did you?

You never discovered Club Call, did you?

TV teletext, clubcall.... top English, striker linked with loan, call 08758 940494

Turns out it's Andy Booth.

Imagine 25 years ago a kid in his bedroom cutting out the then equivalent of Janssen's head from a paper and sticking it on the Spurs player's head of a poster they have in their bedroom dreaming of the signing being done and dusted there and then

In reality no kid was even that sad, people used to actually wait for things to happen, now middle aged men waste hours waiting for the transfer kettle to boil, desperately clicking links, what a sad existence!

Apart from that, hope everyone had a great Monday

:llorisserious:

First time I remember seeing a photoshopped player head was just before Klinsmann joined us, think it might have been in The Daily Star, 22 fucking years ago. :klinsmann:

TV teletext, clubcall.... top English, striker linked with loan, call 08758 940494

Turns out it's Andy Booth.

The one they really milked was Hoddle's long battle to try to sign Diego

Fucker eventually found his Italian passport in time to sign for Porto I seem to remember......we'd been hanging on like mugs for a couple of seasons

Fucker eventually found his Italian passport in time to sign for Porto I seem to remember......we'd been hanging on like mugs for a couple of seasons

Diego, the pre-cursor for Damiao style Brazilian saga.

Even when Diego came to Europe everytime I saw him being linked with a move away from the likes of Wolfsburg, Atleti etc I still believed he was a link missing from our midfield. Wiki tells me he's still only 31 and now plying his trade for Fenerbahce.

I like the idea of two strikers. Gives us more flexibility.
I do too and I'm really warming to Janssen. Apart from being obviously capable, he's said all the right things about competing for a place and learning from Kane, etc. But talk is easy. If his contract really is heavily appearance- and performance-related then I think it speaks volumes about the man's character.

I remember reading all those dodgy translations about The Sock on GG!

Back
Top Bottom