Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I love about both our signings so far is that they really wanted to play for Spurs and for the right reasons (believed in the philosophy and that it's a club where they can develop). Didn't sign for the money. Says a lot about them as players.

Seems to be the players we are going after also have to the right mentality. Pochettino clearly sells his ideas well to players to make them feel important and wanted for the team irrespective if they are first 11 or squad players, everyone buys into the ethos. It's not just about how much £££ they can get a week.

Sounds like he's already a Pochettino disciple.
It just feels very different to other team transfers when players talk about reasons for joining a club.
I don't think I heard Batshuayi say a word about wanting to join the Chavs because Conte was in charge.

Agree...
It used to be the case at (ahem) Arseanal where EVERY fucking player who came in or out of that club kept going on about Wenger as a "Second Fazzer to me..." Whereas they shoulda seen him as a dodgy uncle!!

Poch seems to have united the players AND the fans (and not many Spurs managers have done BOTH...)
Jol certainly had a go and came close... but even Redknapp divided the fans from day one.

Poch is the modern day Venables with tactics. .. loved by players and fans alike.

NEVER underestimate the power of that!

I was going to make that point about what MP said about his human profile.
It seems that this is far more important to MP than the player's ability. Of course ability comes into it, but you have to have the right attitude. It's the collective.
I can guarantee you that they did their homework on his personality, work ethic etc.
He seems to be a down to earth kid willing to work to get what he wants.
I just hope that he progresses into a very good player for us. You just now he's going to be under scrutiny.
They have already started by asking if he's worth the money when Jordan Ibe has been bought for £15m ffs.

It seems that this is far more important to MP than the player's ability. Of course ability comes into it, but you have to have the right attitude. It's the collective.
I can guarantee you that they did their homework on his personality, work ethic etc.
I just hope that he progresses into a very good player for us. You just now he's going to be under scrutiny.
They have already started by asking if he's worth the money when Jordan Ibe has been bought for £15m ffs.

I keep seeing in the football gossip pages how other sides are bidding north of £25m for players. Much as we whinge about Levy's penny pinching it just seems sensible that we are not throwing large sums of money around whilst other teams seem intent on wasting their TV money.

The more I read about Janssen, the more of a success I think he will be. Sounds like he's already a Pochettino disciple.

It just feels very different to other team transfers when players talk about reasons for joining a club. I don't think I heard Batshuayi say a word about wanting to join the Chavs because Conte was in charge.
It's because he's too busy getting his Lambo towed in Ibiza...

We STILL lack and therefore NEED a calm experienced head as part of our strike force.

Someone who is or would be prepared to give us 20 to 25 minutes if the game required it.

Whilst I am glad we have signed another target and see that as a positive step I do sense a need for calm coldness in front of goal but also on the pitch at times. The games with West Brom, Chelsea and Southampton to a lesser extent made that point emphatically.

It is obviously not Pochettino's way to bring older players to the club and runs very much counter to someone like Mourinho but I think it's a slight flaw.

A few weeks to fo before the window closes. I would still love to see Shane Long at a sensible price or a similar type and a couple more players. Berahino could still be an option arguably.

Essential in my mind.
Is there anything you're ever satisfied with??? o_O

Marcel van der Kraan was being interviewed on Hawksby & Jacobbs yesterday and he was saying his mental approach is his biggest strength. I've just wasted 10mins of my life fast forwarded the podcast of the show only find find it's not in it.. Anyway he was waxing lyrically about him and backed him to be a massive hit.

Back
Top Bottom