Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it's fashionable to give players time, but, IMO, not ones that cost £22m. Son hasn't shown that he's that interested in us. He has shown he's interested in himself. Not looking for an argument, but this player will never do it for Spurs.

But didn't Lamela cost 30 mil?

He got cut some slack after a piss poor first season.

And your point is?

That the fee for a player has nothing to do with what he is going to produce at the Club he ends up at. Son had picked up an injury (not unlike Lamela had done in his first season).

Expecting a player to run the PL ragged in his first season just does not happen nowdays, and especially a season that is hit with an injury. Son has scored 7 in 27 in his first season, name me another newcomer to Spurs that has come in from Europe and done that in his first injury hot season.

Just one.

Oh, Joe Clash I would not defend Sonny I would rather him catch zika at the Olympics or get conscripted. I just think it is not a transfer window until you have your first anti yank rant and I want us to sign someone. Volunteered in service of the greater good.

Came in here to read about jansenn and how close the signing was and the such, I thought with 2 pages there would be some good stuff.

Instead it's just the drunk ramblings of joe on a Tuesday night. :chadliblow:

Damn ... I was surprised how much I liked what I saw. He seems quite similar to Kane.
I think this would be a solid solid signing.

Might get booed off the forum but his style of play and ability looks similar to RVP. Some of those goals are proper A listers, could complete with Kane and Aguero for how well they are taken.

Obviously who knows how he will take to the prem, but certainly got some style, real flash barstard.

We seem to be linked to a new striker each week, however Jansen has some solid foundations to the reports. If it is true that he spent Tuesday in London then I'd imagine we'll get it wrapped up soon, especially with Holland not at the Euro's.

It'll either be Jansen or Batshuayi.. Maybe both.

And £11m was too cheap for this guy...

sandro-christian-eriksen-play-comedy-duo-at-spurs-poy-awards-brazilian-plays-guitar-video.jpg

God bless the Eredivisie.

ex-Eredivisie boys...

£11m for this one....
VaMspmC.jpg

£8m
cVtutm2.jpg

£14m
DQPLvOV.jpg

£7m
CnuARPN.jpg

Who says it's inferior when it produces this lot.

PS. Yes they are Belgies, but fuck it.

The Eredivisie does have some real bargains. Although it is a crap league I think to be top scorer age 21 while not playing for the best team in the league is impressive. His goals aren't flukes, the ball is going where he decides he wants it to go when he shoots and he just seems very all round. Age 21. It seems a no brainer to me. The fact so many of our current squad also have played in the Eredivisie is an advantage in attracting him too, I'd have thought.

If he's more Van Nistelrooy and Van Persie, than Dirk Kuyt or Alfonso Alves we could be onto a winner. At 21 he's still young and under the guidance for Pochettino we could be on to a bargain striker who looks handy indeed.

Damn ... I was surprised how much I liked what I saw. He seems quite similar to Kane.
I think this would be a solid solid signing.

The last time I commented on such a reel, someone asked if (or told me) I was always negative. Now I can finally prove that's not true.

I love what (little) I've seen of Janssen. Strikers from other leagues than the PL who seems to have had it easy due to superior athletisism usually worries me, at least if it looks from the reels that it is because of their athletisism and despite of technical and tactical weaknesses they do well. With Janssen that's clearly not the case.

He looks on par with Kane in terms of finishing, he looks like he's able to make the right decisions, and he looks like someone who knows just where to be in the box: The kind of striker that will always be succesful.

It seems he is a bit lacking in athletisism though. This will not help us if we look to bring on something different from Kane off the bench. And he might have a hard time with the hardness of training under Poch. But it's also a good thing. He's used to having defenders on him or close to him, as he's not been able to simply outrun them. I think that will prove useful against PL defenders, and against all the team sitting deep to refuse us space to attack in.

Janssen could be very useful. He could be a fantastic signing.

Please do.

The last time I commented on such a reel, someone asked if (or told me) I was always negative. Now I can finally prove that's not true.

I love what (little) I've seen of Janssen. Strikers from other leagues than the PL who seems to have had it easy due to superior athletisism usually worries me, at least if it looks from the reels that it is because of their athletisism and despite of technical and tactical weaknesses they do well. With Janssen that's clearly not the case.

He looks on par with Kane in terms of finishing, he looks like he's able to make the right decisions, and he looks like someone who knows just where to be in the box: The kind of striker that will always be succesful.

It seems he is a bit lacking in athletisism though. This will not help us if we look to bring on something different from Kane off the bench. And he might have a hard time with the hardness of training under Poch. But it's also a good thing. He's used to having defenders on him or close to him, as he's not been able to simply outrun them. I think that will prove useful against PL defenders, and against all the team sitting deep to refuse us space to attack in.

Janssen could be very useful. He could be a fantastic signing.

Please do.

Very good observation. Also, the video seems to show a really good first touch, which is absolutely essential in most positions when moving from an inferior league to a fast-paced PL. As always, it's hard to tell both on shooting ability and first touch, because the video won't show the shots into row z and the touches that bounces ten feet away, but it does indeed look very promising.

On the athleticism bit, I'm more than confident that Poch and Mitchell will know whether it'll be an issue. It's a whole lot easier to train yourself to better athleticism than shooting ability, first touch, and natural awareness of where to move to as a striker. In other words, Poch et al will know whether they can train his athleticism or not.

Not that it's much to go on... but this one FEELS like a Tottenham signing right now.
If the SSN yellow ticker had said WE'D put in a bid for Ibrahimovic or "Abanuymang-p'tang-Yang- Kipperbang, Oi!"(look it up, kids) ...I'd have pissed myself at the poor Journalism...
as it is, this one fits all the criteria, and just FEELS right.

Back
Top Bottom