Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would help if he scored. Not saying he's shit, but I'm starting to get a little worried.

It would help if he scored?

He's played 225 mintues. That translates to 2 and a half games.

Most strikers don't have a goal scoring ration of 1 goal in 2 games, only the very, very good do.

Then you take into account that those minutes were all as a sub, where it's difficult to get into the game and where his role was largely "Hold up the ball, give it to Kane".

I don't expect him to score from 15-20 minute cameo appearances. I don't expect him to score when his main role so far has been a target man and a defensive forward who closes people down. It's fairly obvious that so far Poch isn't playing him to score, as a main attacking forward.

Poch beds players in, tends to give them roles without much responsibility and takes pressure off them before he finds their role in the team. Janssen playing with Kane is meant to take the pressure off him, not enhance it.

Not to mention on top of all of this he's also a very slow starter, just like Kane. And both of Kanes have been tap ins, ridiculously easy goals. If Janssen had scored those tap ins people would be raving...

He'll score this month.

Not sure why people are so worried, Janssen has probably the best hold up play of any striker since god knows when at our club, even if he is not finding the back of the net he will and already has been providing chances from 15-20 yards for other players around him simply because of his power.

The goals will come in time but we have not had a proper out and out target man for a long time and it should enable the likes of Lamela, Son, Eriksen etc to have lots of chances around the box because he can bully defenders and lay off the ball really well.

His shot in the Sunderland game just looked like a guy trying to hard too prove himself. Give him a chance.

Not sure why people are so worried, Janssen has probably the best hold up play of any striker since god knows when at our club, even if he is not finding the back of the net he will and already has been providing chances from 15-20 yards for other players around him simply because of his power.

The goals will come in time but we have not had a proper out and out target man for a long time and it should enable the likes of Lamela, Son, Eriksen etc to have lots of chances around the box because he can bully defenders and lay off the ball really well.

His shot in the Sunderland game just looked like a guy trying to hard too prove himself. Give him a chance.
Spot on

Janssen has probably the best hold up play of any striker since god knows when at our club,
x4ivd.gif

It is blessing in disguise, in my opinion. Clearly you're unable to tolerate differing opinions.
Even for you that was at terrible response. That is your opinion but it is still a stupid opinion.
Okay Vince one of our own getting ligament damage is a 'blessing in disguise'.
I am sorry people, I can't do it anymore.

Thought he was brilliant in the first half today. His movement in particular was outstanding. Hold up play was brilliant, though at times I felt he went down a bit too easily. Should have scored one of the early headers but was always happy to get a shot away and I am so glad he tucked away that penalty, will give him the world of confidence and everyone looked happy.

I think people forget that he's coming off a successful season in the Dutch league, where many players have come from and failed to live up to expectations, having to play second fiddle to one of the best strikers in world football AND HE IS YOUNGER THAN KANE. I think people forget he's 22. He will learn, he will get even better and he will prove to be quite the player in his time.

Just read Gills forum. Take off our spurs tinted glasses for a second. The general consensus is the only player that kept the score down was Janssen. Whilst being impressed by everyone else they seem to think he is a bit shit.
Most strikers can hold up the ball, in the league we can't afford a striker to miss 4 decent chances. I do think he will be fine but I am slightly concerned by this aspect of his game.

Just read Gills forum. Take off our spurs tinted glasses for a second. The general consensus is the only player that kept the score down was Janssen. Whilst being impressed by everyone else they seem to think he is a bit shit.
Most strikers can hold up the ball, in the league we can't afford a striker to miss 4 decent chances. I do think he will be fine but I am slightly concerned by this aspect of his game.
4 decent chances?
I think he missed one decent chance very early on.

Keep sticking the knife into the poor cunt. Young new signing doesn't get a fair crack of the whip even when we need him. Great supporter you.

I think he has shown good signs of quality and I'll support him as he settles in.

Back
Top Bottom