Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spot on

Not Janssen's fault that Eriksen, Lamela and Dembele are not firing on all cylinders and I do believe it's affecting Alli too

It will come good and maybe coincide with Harry's return!
To me he looks utterly mediocre. Seems like we have bought a pig in a poke.

Needs time but he just isn't getting in the positions to shoot enough. He's hold up play is good but to the detriment of his play as a forward. Just my opinion but I think he'll be a decent back up eventually.

What's a pig in a poke ?

Not sure but wouldn't mind finding out......:pocheyes:
300x300.jpg

It's obvious that Janssen is just living the script from one of those 'Goal!' films.

Boy ends up playing for lower league side after his dream to be a pro ends with being released by a big side.

He gets spotted and ends up having a brilliant season, breaking records and being the 'talent of the year' before getting signed for a big premier league side in England.

But his dream move is a struggle as he hits issues with his form, struggling to recapture his goalscoring touch.

Don't worry, he'll probably get the girl and score a winning goal in a cup final or something.....
Before signing for Real Madrid for the sequel - Vincent 2: Living The Dream

Sorry to say, Janssen is just bad. I really wanted him to see but you can see that his touch is just woeful, strong on the ball and good at holding it up and winning fouls but his passing, composure, touch and positioning are all what I expect from one of our players.

Hopefully Poch can turn him around but he is simply not good enough right now and I would almost rather see use someone like Shayon Harrison as a back up striker.

Needs time along with some open play goals which will come. Reminds me a bit of Falco where his sudden goal scoring spree disappeared in the Premier league. The defense is much more tighter and the defenders stronger as well as more agile in this league. We need to at times play two up top even if it means sacrificing some playing times for the likes of Son, Lamela or Dembele. Also means Harry needs to be a bit less selfish and lay some balls off to him more so than when Harry plays alone up top.

Now that Kane is back the responsibility to score the goals will be put elsewhere. He can continue to work hard and will get his chances without it costing it too much.

We don't have to revisit this thread after every game. We have time and he will get it. He looks a fighter and will repay the confidence in goals.

hopefully spurs make some tests just to ascertain that this is indeed the player we paid for and not some cheap copy of the player that was the dutch top scorer last year

People spout off about giving people time, letting them settle. Then come November those very same people rip into a player who works his bollocks off.

This has gone beyond the "Will he come good/bad" point and is simply disrespectful now and a bit pathetic.

• Janssen joins the club. He's told he'll be bedded in slowly.
  • He starts to get game time. He's told he'll be up top along side Kane.
  • Kane gets injured. You're now thrown in the deep end, despite only having 2 years of professional experience.
  • You play well.
  • You don't start the next game. Son does. Confidence is damaged.
  • You play well again.
  • You don't start the next game. Kane does. Confidence is damaged.
People expect him to go from 0-100 in what, 2-3 months when he's had international duty interrupting that play time too? International duty where he was the best player on the pitch and played well? No one can look at that situation and reasonably say "Yeah, he's been through all that but I expect him to get 30 goals".

People need to define what they expect from Janssen. I expect 10-15 goals this season. I think the constant games in December will be a blessing for him, allow him to get game time and he'll start scoring from December-January on. He's got 3 goals and he's well on his way to achieving this. I couldn't give a shit how they were scored - many of Eriksens goals are free kicks.

Did people really think at this point of the season he'd have 9-10 goals? If so, read this list

Aguero - 14 goals
Diego Costa - 9 goals
Sanchez - 8 goals
Lukaku - 7 goals

Do you really think he's at that level? Of course he's not. I'll give people a stat - Out of the top 25 top premier league goal scorers right now, only 1 of them is new to the league. Ibra. The rest are already established here. This shows how important it is that people are given time and that adapting is difficult.

Disagree? Di Maria. From world class to 4 goals in the English premier League. He couldn't handle it and he left for an easy life in France. People don't understand how difficult the League is compared to other places.

You don't think he's shit because he plays bad. You think he's shit because you expect him to be Harry Kane.

His positioning is absolutely awful. Just can't get into the right areas to have chances fall to him. He's never looked likely to score really.

People spout off about giving people time, letting them settle. Then come November those very same people rip into a player who works his bollocks off.

This has gone beyond the "Will he come good/bad" point and is simply disrespectful now and a bit pathetic.

• Janssen joins the club. He's told he'll be bedded in slowly.
  • He starts to get game time. He's told he'll be up top along side Kane.
  • Kane gets injured. You're now thrown in the deep end, despite only having 2 years of professional experience.
  • You play well.
  • You don't start the next game. Son does. Confidence is damaged.
  • You play well again.
  • You don't start the next game. Kane does. Confidence is damaged.
People expect him to go from 0-100 in what, 2-3 months when he's had international duty interrupting that play time too? International duty where he was the best player on the pitch and played well? No one can look at that situation and reasonably say "Yeah, he's been through all that but I expect him to get 30 goals".

People need to define what they expect from Janssen. I expect 10-15 goals this season. I think the constant games in December will be a blessing for him, allow him to get game time and he'll start scoring from December-January on. He's got 3 goals and he's well on his way to achieving this. I couldn't give a shit how they were scored - many of Eriksens goals are free kicks.

Did people really think at this point of the season he'd have 9-10 goals? If so, read this list

Aguero - 14 goals
Diego Costa - 9 goals
Sanchez - 8 goals
Lukaku - 7 goals

Do you really think he's at that level? Of course he's not. I'll give people a stat - Out of the top 25 top premier league goal scorers right now, only 1 of them is new to the league. Ibra. The rest are already established here. This shows how important it is that people are given time and that adapting is difficult.

Disagree? Di Maria. From world class to 4 goals in the English premier League. He couldn't handle it and he left for an easy life in France. People don't understand how difficult the League is compared to other places.

You don't think he's shit because he plays bad. You think he's shit because you expect him to be Harry Kane.
But not to score a goal from open play or never look likely is a little worrying.

Back
Top Bottom