Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously he couldn’t score in a brothel, but wouldn’t it be something if he actually turned out to be our secret weapon.

Loan him to a premier league team and he does damage to the teams around us...

Yea. Well then we know what would happen.
Some pitty old wankers would have a field day, slating Poch and Levy for bein unambitious and slimming down our squad. Then we can here why we should have hold onto him as this would have increased our chances for glory, but management clearly don't know what they are doing. Just milking money out of the club

:dembelewtf:

He is still young, I don't know why so many have written him off completely. I would love to see him turn things around. If Sissoko can do it, anyone can!

Deserves a new chance

Just look at how things changed for Lamela and Sissoko
There's a huge difference between somebody who works hard but struggles, and somebody with the wrong attitude. Poch had to get rid of plenty of the latter in his first season. I remember he strongly suggested Jansen hadn't trained well enough when he failed to even appear in the FA Cup at Fulham for us, and then later he refused to go on loan to Brighton. If he won't do as he's told and won't show the necessary effort and commitment then it would send entirely the wrong message to put him in the team.

I heard Celtic are considering making a move for him. They need a forward. Sparky has gone mad and French Eddy is a bit delicate.

Only if we sell him to Celtic, no loan deals. I would hate us to send an injury prone player into a league that favours hammer throwers as centre halves. Kirk Brodfoot...(shudders)

Only if we sell him to Celtic, no loan deals. I would hate us to send an injury prone player into a league that favours hammer throwers as centre halves. Kirk Brodfoot...(shudders)
Fuck it. I doubt we'd get much for him anyway.
I suppose we could punt him for five and then attach a load of add-ons if he starts to perform (goals, caps, appearances etc.).

There's a huge difference between somebody who works hard but struggles, and somebody with the wrong attitude. Poch had to get rid of plenty of the latter in his first season. I remember he strongly suggested Jansen hadn't trained well enough when he failed to even appear in the FA Cup at Fulham for us, and then later he refused to go on loan to Brighton. If he won't do as he's told and won't show the necessary effort and commitment then it would send entirely the wrong message to put him in the team.
Andros Townsend he chose not to do as he was told?

Deserves a new chance

Just look at how things changed for Lamela and Sissoko

For me, there is a tactical element in Janssen's (and Lorente) situation which makes it a lot more challenging. Their situation is different with Sissoko who is smart enough to adapt and play in a midfield position which is the team's weakest link.

Everyone knows the team is top-heavy but bottom-light. Our best players are in attacking positions like Kane, Son, Erikson, Alli, and now Moura had joined. It is becoming too competitive in the front that even Moura has to sit out at times. And Janssen (applies to lorente too) has to compete with Kane for a spot (prob best #9 in the world right now). And it also makes no sense to play Janssen ahead of Son and Moura. Top teams dont play like stoke city who try to squeeze 2 number #9 into a small box. They usually play with technically good and versatile attacking players.

Sissoko can re-invent himself and become the tenacious and powerful holding Mid which the team needs. Bt i doubt Janssen (or lorente) can reinvent themselves into technically good and pacy forwards who can run in from behind, turn defenders, and eventually play ahead of Son and Moura who are at top of their game now (esp Son). Anyway, Janseen does not have good ball control, so he cant play off the shoulder which is always impnt in poch's team. If Sissoko had remained in his original position, i have no doubt he too may have been sold.

So, i can understand why Lorente and Janssen are deemed surplus to requirements. The team might keep them as backup, but their playing time will continue to be restricted to rare occasions where we encounter a rugged game and need to play like stoke.

Really wanted Vinny to succeed when he signed but the way the situation has evolved it just isn't a fit anymore. Kane simply has to play whenever fit and rested, he's the best in the world. We aren't ever going to play 2 CFs, it never works for this squad and whenever we do invariably Kane becomes a WF or ACM where he's further from goal which defeats the purpose. What ever CF is behind him is therefore relegated to cup matches we don't care about and other fixture clogging events. Even when Kane needs a rest, Poch has shown more confidence with Son/Moura as psuedo-strikers than any other tactic.

Given that profile of potential appearances we're better having a young academy CF to develop that can come in every now and then and play the odd cartoon cup match or be on the bench for a rainy night in Stoke. Gives us the opportunity to develop a player to maybe stay or most likely sell at a decent profit.

Guys like Janssen and Llorente just don't fit our needs, and cost much more than the benefit they could provide. The money they cost could be used more efficiently elsewhere, in my opinion.

Really wanted Vinny to succeed when he signed but the way the situation has evolved it just isn't a fit anymore. Kane simply has to play whenever fit and rested, he's the best in the world. We aren't ever going to play 2 CFs, it never works for this squad and whenever we do invariably Kane becomes a WF or ACM where he's further from goal which defeats the purpose. What ever CF is behind him is therefore relegated to cup matches we don't care about and other fixture clogging events. Even when Kane needs a rest, Poch has shown more confidence with Son/Moura as psuedo-strikers than any other tactic.

This is the part which had surprised me and many ppl the most, and the nail in the coffin for Janssen and lorente. Instead of going for a simpler one-to-one swop between Kane and Janssen/lorente which makes the most sense, he changes his formation and puts Son in Kane's position while giving Son's original position on the left/right to lamela. It is as though Janssen and Lorente are not on the squad rooster.

If we can't ship him off then let him play the Llorente role. Start cup games against 3rd tier teams and come in for Kane in the 90th minute.
He’s a totally different player to Llorente? Also, the latter has been very handy in certain key games. He’s a target man. Astute. Experienced.

Back
Top Bottom