Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hoddle is bang on. No professional or personal pride. I used to work in a shit factory job for a while and even in that I had professional pride. How can they have none playing for Tottenham?

Middle three more at fault than anyone there, three supposedly senior players and each of them awol. Winks and Dele would break your heart, so bad. Lo Celso maddening. Scarlett not near ready. The rest were mostly poor, thought Tanganga and Rodon defended okay.

Well that was a surprise, thought our back four were OK. The more I see of Gollini the more I think we need Hugo to sign a contract extension. As for the others, felt for scarlett, he's just a kid, the fact he's out there shows the club is clueless in the transfer market.

Lo celso, jogged about, gave the ball away
Winks, jogged about, gave the ball away
Bergwein, jogged about, gave the ball away
Dele, jogged about, gave the ball away, smiled at the ref
Gil, jogged about, gave the ball away, had a shot

Got to feel for any fans who made the trip over, I struggled to stay awake watching it
The back four can definitely keep their heads held high. They did as well as they could.

Now we need to win the home game. Which I think was Nuno's plan. Grind out a draw or lose with only 1 goal and then batter them at home.

Anyone who isn’t FULL MAX triggered by this disgraceful result is either a paid ENIC condom or someone who’s failing to understand the real danger our club is in right now

We just lost to a League 1 side with players on 80k/week +

Zero squad depth

Zero ambition

Zero long term strategy

Zero connection to fans

Zero quality

ENIC MUST FALL!!

Last edited:
I feel sorry for Scarlett. He's not been good but he's a kid breaking through and he's received zero support whatsoever from his senior teammates on the pitch. None of them help him out. Throw the kid a fucking bone once in a while.

Even with support I am not sure it would change much. Like 99.9% of players his age he is not ready for this level and there is nothing wrong with that.

It isn't his fault or a problem that he is not ready for this, it is 100% on the club having us have to rely on him even with a fully healthy attack.

So Davies saying these players need minutes, and now because of results, these players will lose more minutes because first teamers will have to play to carry on.

Did anyone make an argument for more time?

As much as I like Nuno as a person, it must be said that this defeat is entirely his fault. Very bad decision not to take a few match winners on the plane. Even I can see that.

Even tho that's the b team, I can't help thinking when Harry and Hugo go we are royally farked.
For Harry we will hopefully get enough money to buy a replacement. Im more worried about the lack of Hugo. Whenever someone else plays Vorm, Hart, Gazza, Golini, absolutely none of them make you feel comfortable.

I wonder how many of this B team are thinking they’ll outlast Nuno like they did Jose (and some of them Poch).

Time to make an example of a few by shifting them on - Dele and Winks are living on past memories - no coach is reviving them.

I have some sympathy for Jose, and he’s a hard man to sympathise with.

Back
Top Bottom