Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I forgot (if this news is still in attention of any other Spurs fan) to say that Chiriches is in Bucharest to be in the squad of the national team, (Dublin,13th June,Northern Ireland-Romania,Euro 2016 preliminaries) ,he received a call from Iordanescu (manager) to be present for this international official match... it's for the first time when the press said it's a big possible situation for Chiriches to start this game as...reserve,but until 13 June (11 days remaining) many things could happen.

86% of the voters from this thread
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/poll-who-should-we-get-rid-of.14546/
want Vlad out from Spurs.
There are simply too many things adding up against him staying here.
Poch doesn't want him; the very first players Poch bought (Fazio and Dier) were competition for the positions Vlad plays. Dawson was shipped away. Fazio is Argentinian and Dier is English. They were given more chances and normally things worked out better for them though none of them were outstanding.
The system Poch is playing doesn't suit Vlad; it doesn't allow for his forward raids which adds so much to his play; Poch wants a no-nonsense defender in the CB position which Vlad is not.
The chances given during the last season (which were only due to injuries in the squad) didn't helped him, he made a mistake in the Besiktas game and was punished with a long stay out of the squad or on the bench then he got a wrong second yellow card in the Stoke game which sent him out in the cold for the next season.
Poch is going to stay at Spurs for at least for another season.
At the beginning of the last season I was hoping that he will adapt and make Poch give him a place in the squad. Things didn't work out that way; there is a future for Vlad but not at Spurs with Poch as manager.
If he wants to improve his career he must move to another team where he can get regular play.

86% of the voters from this thread
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/poll-who-should-we-get-rid-of.14546/
want Vlad out from Spurs.
There are simply too many things adding up against him staying here.
Poch doesn't want him; the very first players Poch bought (Fazio and Dier) were competition for the positions Vlad plays. Dawson was shipped away. Fazio is Argentinian and Dier is English. They were given more chances and normally things worked out better for them though none of them were outstanding.
The system Poch is playing doesn't suit Vlad; it doesn't allow for his forward raids which adds so much to his play; Poch wants a no-nonsense defender in the CB position which Vlad is not.
The chances given during the last season (which were only due to injuries in the squad) didn't helped him, he made a mistake in the Besiktas game and was punished with a long stay out of the squad or on the bench then he got a wrong second yellow card in the Stoke game which sent him out in the cold for the next season.
Poch is going to stay at Spurs for at least for another season.
At the beginning of the last season I was hoping that he will adapt and make Poch give him a place in the squad. Things didn't work out that way; there is a future for Vlad but not at Spurs with Poch as manager.
If he wants to improve his career he must move to another team where he can get regular play.

Not in England!
Premier League is too hard for him ,he must leave the team for his own good,and try to reborn in another league from Europe.
for ex. Adrian MUTU was a failure for Chelsea ,was fired after a drug scandal in 2004,but then he became a star in Serie A ,playing for Juventus (2 domestic titles in a row), then 5 years as key player for Fiorentina (first striker).

At the present moment i rate Chiriches as our 3rd or 4th best defender. Worst is kaboul, Fazio compensates for his inflexibility and slowness with experience but is only there because hes one of poch's argies boys. Hopefully wimmer and vertonghen next season. Dier 3rd choice, Either one of fazio or chiriches can go but the big obvious is KABOUL.

I really wanted Vlad to work out here, when he first arrived and did the flick over the attackers head in the Europa League game, I was loving it. Unfortunately he's way too nervous on the ball now, I'm sure he'll do well elsewhere in the world but not at Tottenham, he should take an opportunity to leave if it arises.

Benny Benny
after that red card I just wanted to

no sympathy for him period, needs to be sold with the rest of the dead weight ASAP
nobody scored a goal like that ,it was his bad year,but 1 year ago he was awesome,and all of you i remember was happy for him in this forum,unfortunately this year he played bad,and some fans changed their minds quick:

some applauses ,please for Chiriches ,enough mocking time!:)

Not in England!
Premier League is too hard for him ,he must leave the team for his own good,and try to reborn in another league from Europe.
for ex. Adrian MUTU was a failure for Chelsea ,was fired after a drug scandal in 2004,but then he became a star in Serie A ,playing for Juventus (2 domestic titles in a row), then 5 years as key player for Fiorentina (first striker).

I disagree.
IMHO Vlad can be successful in any team under the condition that he is played in a system that suits him, with a more fluid place for the players on the pitch which can make use of his attacking skills.
It's not about the Premiere League it's about the system the team plays, you just have to remember his play under AVB and Sherwood , somebody named Dan D recommended it in the previous post :soldadowatch: .
:adebaehug:
As for Mutu I don't like him but his failure was due to drugs not because he didn't suit Chelsea but that's another story.
Also think about Pantelimon, he was a substitute for Hart at Man U and he's now a success story at Sunderland.

AaronLenin AaronLenin
Care to elaborate on your disagreement ?

25oz2is.jpg

Looks to be off to Galatasaray. Good riddance and take your fucking hat with you.

Lets play a game of guess the fee.

I just hope that Levy doesn't mess up by trying to push up the fee just so to cut back on out losses. Sooner he goes, better it will be for us and for the player, as it is so obvious that the move to us never really worked out.

Back
Top Bottom