Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone else feel really happy to see players for the club captain their own country? That extra pressure and responsibility at international level can only be a good thing for the development of a footballer, IMO. I think that will help Chiriches when it comes to playing in the Premier League on a mental level, as he would be used to the scrutiny of leading his country. In my opinion, the skill margins in the top leagues is small, but the mental capacity and the ability to keep calm under pressure is usually a key factor in deciding a winner in the big games.

I think it is really good for the player and for the club, this is one footballer I think will surprise a lot of people. He has definately gone under peoples radar so to speak and could be one of our best signings for a while.

Does anyone else feel really happy to see players for the club captain their own country? That extra pressure and responsibility at international level can only be a good thing for the development of a footballer, IMO. I think that will help Chiriches when it comes to playing in the Premier League on a mental level, as he would be used to the scrutiny of leading his country. In my opinion, the skill margins in the top leagues is small, but the mental capacity and the ability to keep calm under pressure is usually a key factor in deciding a winner in the big games.

Bongani khumalo

8 hours remaining until Romania-Turkey ,21.00 hour here,19.00 hour (London time),and the last news coming from inside,media press believe this will be first 11:
Romania (4-2-3-1):
Tatarusanu-Rat,Goian,Chiriches,Matel-Hoban,Pintilii-Torje,Stancu,Tanase-Marica.
Turkey (4-4-2):
Volkan - Gonul, Semih, Omer, Caner - Tore, Selcuk, Topal, Arda Turan - Bulut, Burak Yilmaz

Last year,in autumn 2012, in Istanbul,Turkey-Romania 0-1.

good result for Romania will be a victory,of course,but even a draw tonight,maintain real chances for us to "catch" a place for the play-off (november "death" matches),while just victory for turks could let them a chance for the play-off.

Yesterday,the rumours said that Chiriches will play DM,probablities say more that he will play in the same place ,like he did for Hungary-RCB, manager of Romania,Victor Piturca,could change 1 or 2 players in the last moment,he was so misterious in the last 3 days,let us to guess ,how will play...so ,we are in the "mist" zone.
Today games:
1.Romania-Turkey
2.Hungary-Estonia
3.Andorra-Netherlands
Group stage "D":before tonight games
1.Netherlands-19p
2.Romania-13p
3.Hungary-11p
4.Turkey-10p
5.Estonia-7p
6.Andorra-0p.

Low interest from this match tonight,Romania-Turkey,prices on tickets "exploding" on the "Black market" ,4xtimes,or 5xtimes more than original ticket price,some "traders"of black market,wants to be rich upon us (real fans),so ,just 30.000 tickets are sold until now (500-1000 tickets are for turks), (almost 50% from our stadium capacity,56.000 places),and i don't want to give satisfaction to a dude who want to be rich upon my neck...i'm upset now:mad::mad::mad:,previously,i want to go for this game,but is impossible now,the price on the black market,is too much...
so,just from TV i will watch the game,with a half empty stadium tonight..."well done" for our football federation:mad: to not care about real fans,allowed to "black market" to make the cards...for this important game...incredible ,i'm upset now

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel really happy to see players for the club captain their own country?

Absolutely! A team full of Captains would be ideal!

Wasn't it Man Utd a few years ago (with the likes of Keane, Van Der Saar, Giggs) who had about 5 or 6 International Captains at the club at the same time...?
I may be wrong, and probably am!

Romania-Turkey 0-2 ,final result:dempsey:

Unfortunately,worst scenario possible for Romania,from 2 possibilities, victory or draw,Romania obtain the worst, a defeat,in a key match in the group stage,losing today,home, 0-2,and chances now for the play-off in november lowering,but not so much,the race remain in 3 teams fighting for the second place in the group stage,Hungary,Turkey and Romania.
The last 2 games for Romania in october ,is with Andorra (away) and Estonia (Home) ,while Hungary must to win in Netherlands (Away) and with Andorra (Home), Turkey have the next matches with Estonia (away) and must to win against Netherlands (HOME).
I have to admit that today ,Chiriches and some team mates,playing not so good,especially in the first half ,when Burak Yilmaz scoring near him with the head,also at 0-0,Chiriches mistake a pass in min.9,turkish striker missing that chance, our 2 defensive midfielders (Pintilii and Hoban) was very weak both today,losing many balls in the middle of the pitch,and the pressure was high on our defense,Turks having 3 chances all the game,scoring 2 goals ,while us ,having 5 or 6 chances ,and no one goal...:cool::wall:
A bad night for us,seems that Alex Bourceanu ,a key player for Romania, missing in the middle today (suspended,yellow cards)and his absence in the middle was very obviously today,Romania suffering on this area,nothing works today... :mad:
Also when was 0-0, a turk saved the ball from the line of his gate,and in the second half at 0-1,Adi Popa (AMR) hit the post...instead a needed 1-1,was 0-2 ,final score,second goal came in the last minute 95!!!...:harryfacepalm:
final results:Andorra-Netherlands 0-2
Hungary-Estonia 5-1

group stage "D":
1.Netherlands 8 games -22p (qualified already in Brazil 2014)
2. Hungary 8 games -14p (18-12)
3.Turkey 8 games -13p (14-7)
4.Romania 8 games - 13p (13-12)
5.Estonia 8 games - 7p
6.Andorra 8 games - 0p
watch the ranking ! from 2 to 4th place is just 1 point difference!!!

Last edited:
Only good news for Tottenham is that Chiriches don't pick-up an injury after these 2 intense games (one won ,one lost),he's well, a little tired,but he's upset ,after defeat vs. Turkey (home) 0-2 and tomorrow morning will be in London...
"Mea Culpa" (My mistake!) said after the game : "I'm disappointed by my evolution today,i'm not happy about what happend tonight and because this worst result for us...we missed some chances in key moments during the game, instead 1-0 for us ,was 0-1 in just some minutes...we suffered in all zones,they (turks) stayed more good physically than us...we still have chances to qualify for the play-off..."

Vlad Chiriches,here in the match Romania-Turkey
qu00.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the result, Dan, but Chiriches being weak in the air.... :avbshock:
YES,i said that when i made his profile ,some days ago if you read careful,he possess a lots of skills,but aerial playing (heading) is NOT his strong skill (sometime he intervene good with the head,but other times intervene false) ,definetely AVB must work hard on this aspect,in the rest he's ok...anyway this match was so bad (vs.Turkey),all romanian players in the pitch looking bad,not just him,the midfielders lost complete the battle in the middle of the pitch,and turkish team speculate this weak zone (like i said one key player who is the best in this zone ,midfielder-Alex Bourceanu ,Steaua captain,missing,this match (yellow cards) and i don't believed what was so obviously viewed...
Romania with Alex Bourceanu in the pitch (3-0 with Hungary),for romanians he's like "Steven Gerrard" in his best days...
Romania without Bourceanu in the pitch,4 days later, (0-2 with Turkey) so obviously,here i read newspapers ,what other managers said,they come to the same conclusion,Romania without Bourceanu in the middle IS WEAK !!! unfortunately,we don't have other players like his calibre in the midfield zone

Last edited:
Dan, how do you think Vlad would do as a fullback?
Depend on what AVB have tactics (thoughts) with him and of course,on how he will settle in UK? and how his new team mates receiving him in "the club" like intruder?or like a buddy ,a new pal who will help them?,he play either feet,LCB and RCB,also RB,or DM,first 2 options (LCB first role =natural,RCB =competent),RB and DM (just in case of emergency,when others players gets injuries) ,so he could play with anyone in central defense,Chiriches(rcb)-Vertonghen(lcb),also Dawson(rcb)-Chiriches(lcb) or Chiriches-Kaboul,now it's time to see him in action,playing for Tottenham,then we come with more thoughts...don't you think? :coys: i believe Tromso-Tottenham (Europa League) will be his first match for the Spurs...

Last edited:
@ Dan D Dan D
the referee was clearly an Hungary fan. Last goal was offside. Estonia would have made a comeback.. at 4-1: ostrich:

@ Dan D Dan D
the referee was clearly an Hungary fan. Last goal was offside. Estonia would have made a comeback.. at 4-1: ostrich:
i did not see Hungary winning in Netherlands ,next game,despite dutch players are not motivated anymore,being qualified already from our group stage...they was so close to lose in Estonia! (2-2 in the last minute from a dubious penalty),i have to admit that our chances (Romania) is in their hands (Netlerlands mercy),because we depending on them now,and i don't like this...

i did not see Hungary winning in Netherlands ,next game,despite dutch players are not motivated anymore,being qualified already from our group stage...they was so close to lose in Estonia! (2-2 in the last minute from a dubious penalty),i have to admit that our chances (Romania) is in their hands (Netlerlands mercy),because we depending on them now,and i don't like this...
im with you on this one. i now hope that romania qualifies for the WC 2014, cuz´ of Vlad. and you know.. if Holland descides to go with defenders aged 18-21 with ballhogs like Robben you CLEARLY HAVE a chance.

im with you on this one. i now hope that romania qualifies for the WC 2014, cuz´ of Vlad. and you know.. if Holland decide to go with defenders aged 18-21 with ballhogs like Robben you CLEARLY HAVE a chance.
Wait a little ,it's about Play-off place! the second place in the end going for play-offs,decisive battles,in november! and we depending from another results,first is Netherlands to beat or draw home vs.Hungary, while in Tallin,Estonia must to not lose home vs.Turkey (it's good even a draw here for us;)) but if they win ,4 days later ,turks still are forced to beat Netherlands in their homefield...and finally,if we catch the second place ,we still to wait another results from other group stages ! it's a possible situation to take the second place,but without going in the play-offs (just 8 teams from 9 will fight in the play-off)! to many UNKNOWN things are involved...was just our mistake,we needed even a draw yesterday vs.Turkey ,and we lost incredible,an epic fail! :mad:

it's already Vlad in London? someone could tell me? he's "landing" ok? it's time to your turn,i say a lots about him during his national team actions (1th-10th sepetember) ,now he's under brittish soil ,and i need INFOOO about every Spurs players,not just about Vlad ! :chicco: or if approach him , i want Spurs fans to encouraging him after yesterday game,he's very upset,you must increase his morale (low now),because Spurs need him in full fit,phisically and morale!:coys::coys::coys:

Back
Top Bottom