Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I doubt it tbh, think Naughton will play there. Also, think someone said Kaboul is expected to be fit, so even if Vertonghen played lb I guess Kaboul would start this one ahead of Vlad?

Sky Sports, preview Cardiff City-Tottenham
"...Defender Younes Kaboul (adductor) and midfielder Mousa Dembele (ankle) also came off against the Norwegians, but manager Andre Villas-Boas is confident both will be fit for the trip to Wales.
Etienne Capoue (ankle) and Aaron Lennon (foot) are out, winger Nacer Chadli (adductor) is doubtful, but defender Vlad Chiriches could make his debut after finally receiving his work permit..."

My wish team for sunday, away game in Cardiff :;)

Lloris-Walker,Dawson,Chiriches,Vertonghen-Sandro(or Dembele if he's ok after injury)
,Paulinho-Townsend,Eriksen,Sigurdsson-Soldado

what you all say,it's possible???:thumbup::coys:

It's possible. It's either Naughton or Vertonghen for LB, and if AVB doesn't want to risk Kaboul... It could happen.

If not, I think he would be a cert for Villa.

in the meantime,Chiriches is in Cardiff with the squad (rumours in Romania media press say that he will be on the bench today,of course,just AVB maybe could change something in the last moment)

here the recent pic with him and team mates,hotel,Cardiff
2yq2.jpg

Holtby seems like the lad doesn't he, always looks excited. Hugo looks like he should have a twirly moustache drawn on and smoke Rothmans through a cigarette holder.

Truly a Yiddo, by the looks of it. Always so stoked and passionate. Love being at Spurs.

You'd think he was Spurs and not a boyhood Evertonian to look at him. Without wanting to criticise the attitude of the rest of the squad, which on the whole seems to be good, we'd stroll the league if everyone had the attitude and enthusiasm of Hotlby. He is rapidly becoming one of my favourite current players and I don't think we have come close to seeing what he can do on the pitch yet.

Tottenham Hotspur Line-up vs Cardiff City (AWAY)
here's the Spurs team:

(4-2-3-1) Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton; Dembele, Paulinho; Townsend, Eriksen, Sigurdsson; Soldado

Substitutes: Friedel, Chiriches, Fryers, Holtby, Lamela, Sandro, Kane

Vlad is on the bench ,after he received work permit ,first action for him ,trip in Cardiff,i will watch the game ,via stream net,i hope Spurs will return with points from there...Good Luck! i will give ratings for the Spurs players in this game,commenting their evolutions today.

in the meantime,Chiriches is in Cardiff with the squad (rumours in Romania media press say that he will be on the bench today,of course,just AVB maybe could change something in the last moment)

here the recent pic with him and team mates,hotel,Cardiff
2yq2.jpg
they seem to have found a hotel from the 1970s.
they've done well to get one that modern.

Cardiff-Spurs 0-0 (half time)
having problems with stream net,i found one (romanian),on low quality,but watchable, starting from 25th minute (i lost first 25 minutes)
Cardiff look a rock hard to crack.
Key moments of the first half (for me i watch from the minute 25 until the end of the first half)
Lloris saved a danger situation ,was close to receive red card,but manage well the threat :thumbup:
Townsend shoot from 20 metres (min.33),a good shot,but their GK save the ball.
Last 15 minutes was a little pressure on us ,host team being almost all in our half of the field (pitch)
anyway possession of the ball Cardiff 40% -Spurs 60%
waiting now for the second half...

Paulinho- "salvattore della patria" (in italian -"the savior of the country" remind us by Toto Schillacci,italian striker in world cup 1990, scored in stoppage time min.90+3 ,exactly with one minute before the game end.
second half was at Spurs disposal, players of AVB ,making pressure ,Sigurdsson hit the post min.51,big chance also for the hosts in min.80 coming from Naughton area,their player send the ball over the Lloris gate...3 points very important won today...their defense was hard today,luckily,Paulinho from Lamela assist ,found the net,in the last minute...
Cardiff City-Tottenham 0-1 (0-0)
0-1: Paulinho min.90+3

From a scale 1 to 10 ,here my ratings today:
Lloris (7,5)
Walker (7)-----Dawson (7)------Vertonghen (7)----Naughton (6)
Paulinho (9)-----Dembele (7,5)
Townsend (7)-------Eriksen (7)---------Sigurdsson(7,5)
Soldado (6)

Substitutions:
Lamela (8) min.70 for Sigurdsson
Kane (6,5) min 82 for Townsend
Holtby (6,5) min 89 for Eriksen

"Here,good news ,everyone!" (Futurama, professor quote)
For the first time in Romania,this season i mean,a tv channel from here (Digi Sport 2) broadcast tomorrow match (League Cup) Aston Villa-Tottenham,tuesday,21.45 hour here,19.45 hour in London time(UK),i post here for the fans who wants to see the match on stream (living in other countries) i post here a link,click on it and click to play to see if this work well (ask me if you encounter problems):
http://www.digisport.ro/Pages/TV/DigiSport 2

Back
Top Bottom