Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really like Vlad. He's an excellent defender, bags of pace, reads the game well, buccaneering etc.

But my word is he heart in the mouth sometimes. On a lot of occasions he seems to make a hash of the easiest clearance and then makes an expert bit of defending look like a piece of piss. Terrifying to watch sometimes and beautiful the other.

But that's why I love him. He's Spursy. Like all of our players should be.

I really like Vlad. He's an excellent defender, bags of pace, reads the game well, buccaneering etc.

But my word is he heart in the mouth sometimes. On a lot of occasions he seems to make a hash of the easiest clearance and then makes an expert bit of defending look like a piece of piss. Terrifying to watch sometimes and beautiful the other.

But that's why I love him. He's Spursy. Like all of our players should be.

HE'S the youngest from all central defenders of Spurs (centre back) =24 years old ,have potential to be more skilful with each season will pass ,(current have with 3 years less than Vertonghen) ,i see always 2-3 cheaply moments during the game until now,that depend opponent team (their abilities to make Spurs defenders to make mistakes) (wrong pass) but overall he play very well when is full in concentration (and full fit) (download again Everton - Spurs 0-0 to see why Mirallas or Benteke don't had any chance to score) and Southampton-Spurs 2-3 was probable his weakest match (played injured in this match with injection at his knee,anyway good was that Spurs won 3 points in that match)

Woolwich fans blame Vlad on forums,that he made fault on Walcott in min.55 ...an injury that will make Walcott to miss World Cup 2014 to play in England squad(6 months out from the pitch), what i know Walcott was changed in the 80 minute of the game, that mean 25 minutes of playing more ,if he was bad injured ,why he wasn't changed in the min 55 ??? he continue to play ,that causing the injury to be more worst... Woolwich staff from the bench is guilty for this ,not Vlad...

Woolwich fans blame Vlad on forums,that he made fault on Walcott in min.55 ...an injury that will make Walcott to miss World Cup 2014 to play in England squad(6 months out from the pitch), what i know Walcott was changed in the 80 minute of the game, that mean 25 minutes of playing more ,if he was bad injured ,why he wasn't changed in the min 55 ??? he continue to play ,that causing the injury to be more worst... Woolwich staff from the bench is guilty for this ,not Vlad...
Surely it happened right before he went off? When Rose was behind him and Walcott just slipped and fell badly.

Surely it happened right before he went off? When Rose was behind him and Walcott just slipped and fell badly.
Woolwich fans said that Vlad is "guilty" in the min 55 start the injury... aaah!, Vlad is romanian (a foreigner),of course,now have a motive to attack him... what i know (saw on tv) was a light intervention ,not brutal ,Vlad made apologize to him in the min 55... and Walcott play without problem after that ,until min.80...

Don't see how blaming Vlad makes any bit of sense.

Vlad only raked his ankle in that challenge. Walcott's injury was to the knee from his tussle with Rose.

Woolwich fans said that Vlad is "guilty" in the min 55 start the injury... aaah!, Vlad is romanian (a foreigner),of course,now have a motive to attack him... what i know (saw on tv) was a light intervention ,not brutal ,Vlad made apologize to him in the min 55... and Walcott play without problem after that ,until min.80...

Yeah saw that one, but Walcott fell just before he was brought off. I think Vlad's challenge had nothing to do with that.

Obvious contact yeah, but what I meant was there was absolutely nothing bad from Rose. Just unfortunate (or fortunate some might say).
DFkozoo.jpg

HE'S the youngest from all central defenders of Spurs (centre back) =24 years old ,have potential to be more skilful with each season will pass ,(current have with 3 years less than Vertonghen) ,i see always 2-3 cheaply moments during the game until now,that depend opponent team (their abilities to make Spurs defenders to make mistakes) (wrong pass) but overall he play very well when is full in concentration (and full fit) (download again Everton - Spurs 0-0 to see why Mirallas or Benteke don't had any chance to score) and Southampton-Spurs 2-3 was probable his weakest match (played injured in this match with injection at his knee,anyway good was that Spurs won 3 points in that match)

I completely agree! He's a brilliant defender. He just seems to have a rush of blood to his head sometimes. But considering his age and how quickly he's settled in to the league, I think he's going to become one of the best defenders in the league in a few seasons.

Press Rumours
:http://www.sport.ro/stranieri/ultim...e-e-gata-sa-dea-15-milioane-pentru-roman.html
Press said here that Vlad Chiriches got attention of AS Roma ,their director for transfers (Walter Sabatini) watching him close in every game of Spurs, he was at the match Spurs - Stoke 3-0 in Premier League (his cote increase in 4 months from 10 mill. Eur (october 2013) to 15 mill. Eur in this moment (january 2014),according transfermarket), and italian club are ready to make an offer to Spurs in the next summer 2014... (15 millions Eur)

will see about that ,if Spurs wants to leave him or not, i hope not (my opinion) because he's in expansion (24 years old,still young than the rest of central defenders) and could give more in the pitch in the next months or the next season after he show already a good adaption in english league, in comparison with Lamela ,for example,the argentinian still have problems of adaptation in London ,and now make comparison what amount of money has been invested by the Spurs in these two players...

Press Rumours
:http://www.sport.ro/stranieri/ultim...e-e-gata-sa-dea-15-milioane-pentru-roman.html
Press said here that Vlad Chiriches got attention of AS Roma ,their director for transfers (Walter Sabatini) watching him close in every game of Spurs, he was at the match Spurs - Stoke 3-0 in Premier League (his cote increase in 4 months from 10 mill. Eur (october 2013) to 15 mill. Eur in this moment (january 2014),according transfermarket), and italian club are ready to make an offer to Spurs in the next summer 2014... (15 millions Eur)

will see about that ,if Spurs wants to leave him or not, i hope not (my opinion) because he's in expansion (24 years old,still young than the rest of central defenders) and could give more in the pitch in the next months or the next season after he show already a good adaption in english league, in comparison with Lamela ,for example,the argentinian still have problems of adaptation in London ,and now make comparison what amount of money has been invested by the Spurs in these two players...
Of course, there will always be rumours like this. And there are also players who view their current club as a springboard for a bigger money move elsewhere. I hope Vlad is not one of these players and he stays and becomes one of our best players.

If one of our players decides to go to pastures new, that's his call really, doesn't necessary mean that i'll respect it (as is the case of Modric, Bale or "King Cunt" himself Judas). The club is the one that matters to me.

Chiriches's developments in Tottenham's shirt have gone unnoticed overseas sports press.
Thus, Americans from Bleacher Report have included Spurs defender bought the Star in the most creative "11" of the moment, with footballers such as Isco, Neymar and Ronaldo. Vlad has its place in the couple of central defenders in a 4-2-3-1 formation that looks like this: Neuer - Gokhan Gonul, David Luiz, Vlad Chiriches, Guilherme Siqueira - Andres Iniesta, Isco - Ricardo Quaresma, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo - Neymar.

About Chiriches Americans wrote that "Vlad Chiriches is not obviously flamboyant, but he commands his defensive line and plays with such calmness that you'd think at times he's sailing gently down a river on his favourite yacht, not playing a billion-dollar game." :)))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom