Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hard to play at great level after 2 months out from pitch (press from here said before the match that he's not ready on fit 100%,but he played tonight because a lots of injuries in the squad,otherwise he wasn't a solution for tonight match,anyway,good that the team won 5-1 ,so no really worries for the moment

thought he played well all things considered...
still he has no excuse for that pass, you should only attempt that in FIFA not real life, especially when you have just received the ball from the keeper...as I said before the fact that he plays for spurs means there's always the potential for an error like that..good win though, finally something to be happy about..

still he has no excuse for that pass, you should only attempt that in FIFA not real life, especially when you have just received the ball from the keeper...as I said before the fact that he plays for spurs means there's always the potential for an error like that..good win though, finally something to be happy about..
watching again that moment,i realized that he just kicked wrong the ball,the ball getting a bad trajectory (2-3 metres off the target (Kaboul) ,Kaboul is in the centre,but Vlad wrong the pass, the idea was good,he was blocked there under the pressure,he saw Kaboul free,a good solution to pass for him,thinking that Lloris was out of his position,he decided to pass for Kaboul,just damn kicked wrong the ball,a cheaply pass in a bad moment...anyway,playing vs. Sunderland,the team scored 5 times then,Vlad could be pardoned for his error,not a big tragedy,maybe was a tragedy if you lose a match after such action...shit happens sometime...good thing is that he was able to play all 90 minutes without medical problems,after 2 months of inactivity,and with that maybe he grow now much more in strenghts for the incoming match ,and not forget that he was his first match with Kaboul as partners in defence (in Premier League) almost no chemistry in their relationship ,Vlad feels better much more with Dawson (in his right) and with Vertonghen (in his left) ,he play very well ,according statistics with Walker (rb)-Dawson (rcb)-Chiriches(lcb)-Vertonghen (lb) ,in this system Vlad was awesome in some matches

Last edited:
Bad mistake from him last night, and tbh, he looked a bit sluggish for other parts of the game as well, not at all the same pace we're used to from him. Could tell his confidence got better over the 90 min though and was lovely to see him attempt to dribble and get into a shooting position at the end (wanting to cancel out his mistake).
All is well that ends well.

Bad mistake from him last night, and tbh, he looked a bit sluggish for other parts of the game as well, not at all the same pace we're used to from him. Could tell his confidence got better over the 90 min though and was lovely to see him attempt to dribble and get into a shooting position at the end (wanting to cancel out his mistake).
All is well that ends well.

Problem this season is the amount of injuries, its very understandable to take 2-3 games to come back and play at top level but it seems so many of our players this year are either coming back from injury or are injured so they either can't play or don't play at 100%. Sandro always seems to be in this state, do we have a shit medical team or something?

Bar that awful, awful pass he had an excellent game I thought. Our most composed defender on the ball (out of all our defenders). His price tag makes him a bit of a steal at the moment, just need him fit.

I predicted he would do something risky in the match thread before the game. He is cray cray. IMO he should be groomed to be a DM. He has too much in his locker for him to be a CD, and his infinite confidence is better suited away from our box. I think him and Vert would have excelent heads up distribution from the back, and it will be one of the strongest spines in the prem.

I predicted he would do something risky in the match thread before the game. He is cray cray. IMO he should be groomed to be a DM. He has too much in his locker for him to be a CD, and his infinite confidence is better suited away from our box. I think him and Vert would have excelent heads up distribution from the back, and it will be one of the strongest spines in the prem.
Tim Sherwood don't had other solutions in defense before the game,just Vlad (not top level after his comeback after injury) and Kaboul ,Dawson and Vertonghen out,so,the big problem is that Vlad and Kaboul played for the first time together in Premier League match,so the chemistry between them wasn't so well ,ehh,ok,Vlad made an error,kicking the ball wrong,glad that the team respond well and decisive after this ,scoring 5 goals.

Every defender learns it the hard way, lucky for me it happened in Sunday league and not the top flight of English football :bae:

Prosport (romanian sport site and newspaper) announces that Chiriches (paraphrasing) "can look for a new team next summer and needs to pack his bags and leave". According to them, skysports announced that Spurs are interested in Stefan de Vrij and that if this move happens, Chiriches is the one who will leave... there's obviously no quote from any Spurs official saying that it is Chiriches the one who will have to get lost, not even a link to skysports that the romanian reader could use to verify the news, but i'm used to this kind of speculations from this miserable site, their lack of professionalism is well known. I personally don't see why would we give up Vlad, since he did pretty well this season, but maybe i'm biased by the fact that he's my countryman... more neutral opinions? should vlad be the one to leave if new Cbs are brought?

Last edited:
What's the point? He's young and has done pretty well in the games he's played, I don't see the point in selling him unless someone submits a silly offer for him.

I hope it's just a non-story as I really like him. Yes, he has made some dumb moves and he can appear to be risky at times, but he's a talented CB who not afraid to take a risk, and at least up until now, the majority of his risky plays have payed off. I'd miss him.

Prosport (romanian sport site and newspaper) announces that Chiriches (paraphrasing) "can look for a new team next summer and needs to pack his bags and leave". According to them, skysports announced that Spurs are interested in Stefan de Vrij and that if this move happens, Chiriches is the one who will leave... there's obviously no quote from any Spurs official saying that it is Chiriches the one who will have to get lost, not even a link to skysports that the romanian reader could use to verify the news, but i'm used to this kind of speculations from this miserable site, their lack of professionalism is well known. I personally don't see why would we give up Vlad, since he did pretty well this season, but maybe i'm biased by the fact that he's my countryman... more neutral opinions? should vlad be the one to leave if new Cbs are brought?

Quite frankly no, Vlad has been maybe our best CB this season, he has shown great skills, is quick, reads the game well, is not as bad in the air as made out, only issue is that he sometime over plays in dangerous positions. He is a Spursy player, great talent, bit over the top sometimes. The mistake against Sunderland was a bad one but he has been out for quite some time.

Taking into account Kaboul injury problems, Verts lack of interest and Dawson's failing legs I wonder if Vlad will be the only current CB to be here next season.

Players must weigh the choice of a pass against what a miskick will lead to. This occurs constantly in training. Verts did the same thing from the ground and the results were the same albeit this was a much more difficult pass to pull off.

Any time you lay a pass out in front of the goal while defending and there are defenders present, it's a more dangerous choice. And that pass spends a long time on the ground in a dangerous area.

I still love vlads fresh effort though. I never thought Vertonghen would turn into a negative type. He implored us to bring in Ericksen off Ajax, maybe he could act more like him.

I hope it's not true. IMO he could be an immense DM. I HATE to bring up the scum, but IMO Capoue and Vlad have so much raw ability, they could potentially give us a base similar to what Petit and Vieira gave the gooners.

It's pure speculation as it stands, but half of our new signings are one mismanaged mess. Ugh. We need a rudder on this ship.

Mixed bag on Chiriches this year for sure

Strong technical ability for a CB and can hold his own

Some poor games and a few calamities (i.e. Sunderland )

But like a few others , new to the prem and very optimistic about his 2nd year at the club. He seems to have all the tools and lets definitely hold on to him. His ceiling seems much higher then Caulker's

I hope it's just a non-story as I really like him. Yes, he has made some dumb moves and he can appear to be risky at times, but he's a talented CB who not afraid to take a risk, and at least up until now, the majority of his risky plays have payed off. I'd miss him.
in the last match ,he made some advanced actions in the opposition area,near their box! ,but he like to play one-twos,but their team mates didn't respond to him with pass,when Vlad wanted to score himself,that was hilarious,some mates don't know why haven't courage to pass him back,probable because he's defender and don't trust to him so much ,they was like "what the fuck are you doing man in attack?!" hilarious anyway...Vlad obvious made many such actions in the romanian league last season,when many times was one to one with the opposite goalkeeper trying to score! and he did 2-3 goals as i remember ,thinking that for Steaua the system was "we attacking even with defenders" (all in attack ,all in defence) with a strategy that they won the domestic title here in 2013.
...myself making a comparison with what he played for Steaua in 2013 and what he play for Tottenham in 2014,is that he doesn't have many freedom now,like he had last season in Romania,but, true is that romanian league is not so hard like here in England,where is a high top level league (european Top 4 leagues= english,spanish,german,italian)

Last edited:
Letting Vlad go would be a disaster. CB isn't exactly our strongest position considering Dawson's limited ability, Kaboul's ever present injury concerns, and whatever is going on with Vertonghen.

Chiriches initially adapted to the EPL better than any of our other signings and he clearly looked the most comfortable. He made one mistake in his first game back from injury but it didn't cost us. I think if he stays healthy he's looking like the CB we can most rely on going into next season.

We might have to buy 1-2 new CBs with Vlad staying so I can't imagine why we'd want him to go. Sounds like a bullshit story to me.

they wrote so many contradictory news about him (and other romanian players) lately, that they made me doubt what i knew about his performances this season for Spurs, despite the fact that i've been watching Spurs games regularly throughout this campaign, as i did for many years before vlad came to the club. but as i said, these so called "journalists" have such a huge talent at inventing all kind of contradictory shit about players, that even someone like me who follows the performances of a player and a club can get confused. i was even starting to think that maybe i'm holding him in too much regard, given my bias for him, as a fellow romanian.
i need to stop reading those crap sites, they mess with your mind, man :avbcringe:

Back
Top Bottom