Was the right decision made???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did Daniel Levy make the right decision?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great attitude,mum i want that toy, this one,s scratched.:windy:
Don't put words in my mouth - that is neither what I said, nor is it what I meant.
The guy has gone, irrespective of whether AVB was god to you or a clown, he is history.
All that matters now is getting the next appointment right, wasting time, effort and energy at agonising over the nature, reasoning or righteousness of his demise is ultimately pointless and destructive.
- having seen some of your posts on various threads, I can only assume you have been mainlining your grannies sanatogen or you have been snorting toilet freshener.
Think before you post, or you will simply look more childish than your avatar and boring overuse of that particular smiley option would already suggest you are.

Don't put words in my mouth - that is neither what I said, nor is it what I meant.
The guy has gone, irrespective of whether AVB was god to you or a clown, he is history.
All that matters now is getting the next appointment right, wasting time, effort and energy at agonising over the nature, reasoning or righteousness of his demise is ultimately pointless and destructive.
- having seen some of your posts on various threads, I can only assume you have been mainlining your grannies sanatogen or you have been snorting toilet freshener.
Think before you post, or you will simply look more childish than your avatar and boring overuse of that particular smiley option would already suggest you are.
Watch you dont trip on your cassock,whilst coming down from your pulpit,we know what should be in your mouth,dont presume to preach to us fuck wit.bye the way your missis said the same about your sex life,BORING OVERUSE:windy:

Just keep backpedaling while sweeping the unwanted mess under the carpet!
all I smell is the refreshing fragrance of clorox after the toilets have been purged of a bad smell.
We are well rid of someone who reduced our multi talented and multi million pound squad to being humbled and embarrassed by Hull, West ham and Newcastle and thrashed and humiliated by Citeh and liverpool. He would have kept on repeating that like Rainman, ad infinitum, because he had nothing else to offer.
If you can't see it then support his next team, in the desperate hope that he eventually gets it right, and then you can come back and tell us all "I told you so!"

Watch you dont trip on your cassock,whilst coming down from your pulpit,we know what should be in your mouth,dont presume to preach to us fuck wit.bye the way your missis said the same about your sex life,BORING OVERUSE:windy:
Is that it?
You make massive assumptions on my part, get put in your place - and that's all you can manage?
You could actually apologise for trying to score by making an argument on my behalf, with no supporting evidence to give it any credence, and then attempting to ridicule me for it.
Or you can keep posting your school playground humour and hope it impresses someone over the age of 9.

Definitely the wrong decision IMHO. I liked AVB but was starting to get frustrated but even then wouldn't want him gone prior to the end of the season. After then prob yes.
I honestly felt that with a few more months of gelling, we'd be in with a shout of a trophy and be flirting with the top 4. Hell we're not far off now despite the 'disaster'.

The Harry departure in the summer was a much better way of doing the managerial change and its how all the 'properly run' clubs do it. Look at Man U - they're te champions and behind us in the league but no real panic.

Without an adequate replacement (Sherwood may luck out due to the quality within the squad) this decision is foolish and for once I think Brenton Rodgers' comments in his press conference actually made a lot of sense: an ambitious top class manager would turn their nose up at us - which seems to be what is happening.

Although I agree with this to an extent, there is some productivity in discussing the circumstances of AVB's departure.

As we've already seen, no one knows where to point the finger. You're right in that fingers don't need to be pointed, and lets get on with things and get behind the team/board/Tim/players.

Unfortunately, fans do ultimately deserve an explanation.

The phrase of pleasing all of the people all of the time does apply. If Levy didn't sack AVB and then we lost to WH again, maybe 3-0 again, then we'd have a lot of fans blowing their nut. What if AVB went on a streak and we lost every festive game that we could potentially be competitive in now?
:avbshock:
It's all if's and but's of course, but people are entitled to feel that it was the right decision as much as some feel that he needed more time.

Either way, I'm glad that I am supporting a team that are financially secure and competitive when Sir Alan worked so hard laying the foundations. I'd love to be miffed at the board, but at the end of the day we did reinvest in some damn big transfers that people were calling for so overall I have faith.

Doesn't mean I'm right, as my belief and trust isn't really an absolute of right or wrong, but being able to discuss it and hear other people's views helps me to come to terms and have a better feeling about where my team is going in terms of development.

:adestare:

all I smell is the refreshing fragrance of clorox after the toilets have been purged of a bad smell.
We are well rid of someone who reduced our multi talented and multi million pound squad to being humbled and embarrassed by Hull, West ham and Newcastle and thrashed and humiliated by Citeh and liverpool. He would have kept on repeating that like Rainman, ad infinitum, because he had nothing else to offer.
If you can't see it then support his next team, in the desperate hope that he eventually gets it right, and then you can come back and tell us all "I told you so!"

Some good points BUT who do you want in now?
And most pertinently to this thread, are they better than AVB?
If the answer to 2nd question is "no" or "not really" or "could be" then it's got to go down as bad decision for timing/availability reasons above all else

Is that it?
You make massive assumptions on my part, get put in your place - and that's all you can manage?
You could actually apologise for trying to score by making an argument on my behalf, with no supporting evidence to give it any credence, and then attempting to ridicule me for it.
Or you can keep posting your school playground humour and hope it impresses someone over the age of 9.
In our place by a high brow twat like you ,dreamer,when you find your way to N17,look us up and you will get put in your place .as you said wanna b:windy:

Although I agree with this to an extent, there is some productivity in discussing the circumstances of AVB's departure.

As we've already seen, no one knows where to point the finger. You're right in that fingers don't need to be pointed, and lets get on with things and get behind the team/board/Tim/players.

Unfortunately, fans do ultimately deserve an explanation.

The phrase of pleasing all of the people all of the time does apply. If Levy didn't sack AVB and then we lost to WH again, maybe 3-0 again, then we'd have a lot of fans blowing their nut. What if AVB went on a streak and we lost every festive game that we could potentially be competitive in now?
:avbshock:
It's all if's and but's of course, but people are entitled to feel that it was the right decision as much as some feel that he needed more time.

Either way, I'm glad that I am supporting a team that are financially secure and competitive when Sir Alan worked so hard laying the foundations. I'd love to be miffed at the board, but at the end of the day we did reinvest in some damn big transfers that people were calling for so overall I have faith.

Doesn't mean I'm right, as my belief and trust isn't really an absolute of right or wrong, but being able to discuss it and hear other people's views helps me to come to terms and have a better feeling about where my team is going in terms of development.

:adestare:
Its like asking for an inquest after the vet put your dog down - the dogs not coming back and the vet made a judgement call on the terminal look of the dogs health. Thats what Levy did, having the vet locked up because he put your dog out of its misery is a waste of everyone's time and you would be better off replacing the dog with a new healthy one

Some good points BUT who do you want in now?
And most pertinently to this thread, are they better than AVB?
If the answer to 2nd question is "no" or "not really" or "could be" then it's got to go down as bad decision for timing/availability reasons above all else
Life's not a perfect place where you get to put all of your options in a neat row, sometimes things have to be done on the fly.
I agree its not the ideal way to do things, particularly as all the options are running for cover. My choice would be Laudrup and play a rearguard action until his moral code says he's available.
Lister reckons the guy at Zenit is worth a shout, and I'm sure that the club can fish for and bait the hook well enough to catch a good quality replacement.

Its like asking for an inquest after the vet put your dog down - the dogs not coming back and the vet made a judgement call on the terminal look of the dogs health. Thats what Levy did, having the vet locked up because he put your dog out of its misery is a waste of everyone's time and you would be better off replacing the dog with a new healthy one

Perhaps not, but in the context of the analogy, we could ask:

1) Could the vet (Levy) have done more? Is it possible that he misdiagnosed the dog (AVB)?
2) Did we just have a dodgy dog that was on its last legs from the word go?
3) If so, can we avoid this again somehow before we get a rep for having dogs put to sleep?

Unfortunately, the "it's happened, lets move on without analysis or learning" is perhaps what was AVB's downfall, so as fans we need to understand this and move forwards in a unified mindset so that a new manager can come in to unanimous support.

Perhaps not, but in the context of the analogy, we could ask:

1) Could the vet (Levy) have done more? Is it possible that he misdiagnosed the dog (AVB)?
2) Did we just have a dodgy dog that was on its last legs from the word go?
3) If so, can we avoid this again somehow before we get a rep for having dogs put to sleep?

Unfortunately, the "it's happened, lets move on without analysis or learning" is perhaps what was AVB's downfall, so as fans we need to understand this and move forwards in a unified mindset so that a new manager can come in to unanimous support.
If you are really that unsure of the diagnosis, then spend your money on exhuming the corpse and carrying out the forensic analysis.
I'm comfortable that the correct diagnosis was made. He wasn't worth the cost of the meds required to keep him alive

Back
Top Bottom