Watford Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That blade of grass is going to be used as another excuse to deflect away from the fact that we are a terrible football team

We can’t string three forward passes together

How much longer is this gonna continue until the owners open their eyes and realise serious money has to be spent on this side just to make us competitive agakn

One of those where in real time you think....that’s nowhere near over the line, but reply shows different, was millimetres. Dug in a bit. Did well overall. Better when Eriksen was on. Which is very annoying. Tanganga did well considering he was on a booking for so long. Serge was excellent today. Lamela - he’s a sub.

Can grumble as it’s more ground lost, but did ok and it’s a base....but fuck me is this now 2 points from 21 ?

Actually. I am clutching at straws as first half was shit and second was close to shit. And this season is a absolute mess.

Son is better up front than Lucas. Much better after that switch.

Subs were fine but too late. Gedson at least looked competent in his cameo.

Still think a back 3 would be better especially with no DM. We have the personnel.

Takeaways...

-We need a striker, badly. Lucas is not capable of doing it.
-Vertonghen is finished and Tanganga is not a LB. We really need Davies back. I'd consider playing a back three of Tanganga-Sanchez-Toby until he is.
-Lamela was really poor today but hadn't played a full 90 in ages, give him time

Lacklustre performance which shows we are in desperate need of centre forward, we were toothless in attack.

Also what's up with our passing? We passed like an under tens side today, so many woefully under hit so many

Good save from gazza though!

Apart from the first 15mins that was horrible to watch.

Only context to bare is that Watford are apart from Liverpool the form team right now but only really going to know if that’s a good point as the league progresses.

Do we now celebrate the fact we kept a clean sheet against Watford FC?
It's probably a very good point then.

When Pearson did his escape act with Leicester in 2015 the last 10 matches were pretty much PL title winning form. Might put a cheeky bet on Watford doing something interesting next season if Pearson still there.

Tim Sherwood is probably the biggest A-hole I've had the displeasure of listening to. Defends the referee on the penalty shout in the first half and then comments how Vertogen's handball is a definite penalty. You can see his bitterness at getting the sack from Spurs. He sounded like a Watford Fan. Praising Deeny for diving for fouls.

If find it pretty funny that a year ago, Kane was injured in January.

99% of people were against signing a striker.
A new RB would fix everything back then.

What’s changed for you people who laughed last January at those who wanted one

Whilst I'm not denying we need a new striker, our last manager always used to get on pretty fine without Kane, we never looked this toothless without him and he didn't spend every press conference whinging about him being injured....

#just saying :harrysmile:

I think you are wearing some rose tinted glasses. Care to check our league form after Kane got injured last season? This team needs a striker, all teams do. Watford away with Lucas up front is always going to be very tough.

Will take a point and a clean sheet, top 4 is gone, let’s start the rebuild from the back, this is the first away clean sheet in how long? I know it’s only Watford but this alone should be seen as an improvement

Back
Top Bottom