Watford @ Wembley. 30/01

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No real excuse for this match.
The club are screwed at present in my opinion but the players get fcuking good money to produce.

So starting Wednesday let's go a big step to securing a top 4 slot.

A position that at the start of the season would have been okay to most, along with a trophy or a cup final appearance.

And that's with or as we are going to see, without transfers.

Anything less and Pochettino need ready some answers.
We're hardly screwed... but we ARE 'guilty' of looking at the bigger picture, at the expense of the present situation...

IF we go all out to qualify for (let's face it) the purely FINANCIAL gains of the CL for the next few years, which in turn allows us to start competing again in the transfer market (or at least pay off our Ground sooner than if we were just relying on FA Cup money) then the folly of jeopardising the Cups may well seem a sensible choice.

I liken it to the classic conundrum of accepting £1000 NOW... or £1 a day for the next 10 years...

There's a debate for either, but long term strategy is what we are (And SHOULD) be aiming for.

There is a reason for that. GKN, Janssen and Llorente were all given a chance when they first arrived and none impressed and that is why none of them have played much. Even when Kane was injured last season, Llorente could not get in the side because in Poch's opinion he was not good enough. He has played more recently but really is not good enough and will leave at the end of the season when his contract expires.

I meant more specifically that he barely played in the three games...

:troll:

What about team news, is Son fit?

Pochettini: Yes, Son come back and today was good in training. Maybe after the third game he played in between Dubai and Emirates he felt empty because he was so disappointed, but here he’s happy and today he had very good energy. We’re going to decide if he will play from the beginning or the bench but I am very optimistic because he showed very good energy in the training session.

:tobyarm:

Last edited:
What about team news, is Son fit?

Pochettini: Yes, Son come back and today was good in training. Maybe after the third game he played in between Dubai and Emirates he felt empty because he was so disappointed, but here he’s happy and today he had very good energy. We’re going to decide if he will play from the beginning or the bench but I am very optimistic because he showed very good energy in the training session.

:tobyarm:
:sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol:

Well lets see if it inspires the players to be unchallenged for their places for 16 months.

We will see in the next few games how much playing for THFC matters to all concerned.

I think anything less than a visible 100% will lead to further questions.

-----------------Lloris---------------
Aurier---Toby-----Jan----Rose
-----------Skipp----Winks--------
Lucas------Lamela-----Eriksen
-----------------Son------------------

Need to fix up, sharpish.

2-1.
I really like the midfield pairing and think it could work. But not against those giants at Watford.

His public face is very different to his private one.

He's got a ''rep'' in Watford Town. Let's just say that. Been acquainted with him a few times.

He looks less like a hammerhead shark in real life. Camera must add inches, between his eyes.
I actually spat my fucking coffee all over the place reading the "inches between the eyes" bit
Fuck that was funny

I actually spat my fucking coffee all over the place reading the "inches between the eyes" bit
Fuck that was funny
source.gif

Back
Top Bottom