Wayne Rooney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he doesn't want to move abroad then where could he go? City are OK for strikers, Woolwich need to invest in other areas, which leaves Chelsea and Spurs. No one else can afford him!

I would rather pay 30 million for a proven EPL player like Rooney than roughly the same amount for Damiao.

If we qualify for the Champions League, why not make a go of it. You don't think he'll want to play with Bale (how many goals would he score off of Bale's crosses)?

This.

Or maybe somewhere in Russia. There are still clubs stupid enough to pay his salary.

Depends what caveboy wants. If he wants to stay in England then it's unlikely that city will come in for him now, which means he'll have to face a wage cut. Up to him I suppose. I'd put money on the numpty choosing the money though, after holding United to ransom a few years back.

I would rather pay 30 million for a proven EPL player like Rooney than roughly the same amount for Damiao.

If we qualify for the Champions League, why not make a go of it. You don't think he'll want to play with Bale (how many goals would he score off of Bale's crosses)?
He's already 27, which means no sell on value for Levy, unlike Damiao. He'd only go for it if there was some scope for a cheap deal (either on wages or transfer fee - most likely the former IMO).

I'd prefer Messi - far more versatile in the final third and offers superior technical ability on the ball

Fuck the crosses. Just imagine the link up play in the middle of the park. *drools*

Back
Top Bottom