WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was beautiful absolutely beautiful..

Sitting there and watching the mighty Tottenham Hotspur put on a display like that is a sheer privilege.
What a manager we have and what a team this is, every one of them put on a wonder show today. Rose and Walker going forward are better than any fullback pairing in the world.
Wanyama and Dembele are forming a formidable central partnership. Eriksen is back to his best and pulling all the strings again. Then there's Dele and Kane, wow just wow, Kane just oozes class.
In the past we've always struggled to break down stubborn sides, not anymore, we are just steam rolling everyone we come up against.
The mentality of this side looks different this season, they look like they believe.
The only negative is the injury to Vertonghen, my Mates Uncle sits in block 13 and said Jan was crying as he went down the tunnel. It doesn't look good at all. Is there any news yet? or is it another one of them long waits and lots of xrays/tests? Such a shame as the 3 at the back was working so well.

Best team in the country at the moment and it's not often we can say that.

T
Agree a wee bit- but be straight Arcy- would you drop Dier for any mofo? Even Lamela? That's fucking wow. Dier doesn't get dropped in my opinion. He is absolutely vital to Poch's system & to us right now.

Looking forward to a moody bulldog & a big X in my inbox. It just wouldn't be TFC otherwise. :dierpochhug:
The thing is we've performed better by not having Lamela or playing Sonny in the 3 behind Kane. Since going 3421 or 343 we seemed to have found our scoring groove, whether by accident or deliberate tactical switch. I'd find it hard to drop any of our starting 11 to play Lamela or Son.

Think in many ways this game could be harder than the Chelsea one. Getting revved up for Chelsea is easy, especially with the history. West Brom are shit enough for none of our players to care and defensively stubborn enough to cause us issues.

Shit enough for none to care? What does that mean when we recently put 4 past a couple of poorer teams and just did a job on Villa?

I said in another thread WBA were our second hardest team to play against last season after drugged up Leicester, much tougher than Woolwich or City were, we will have to be top drawer again to win

Henry just said "I love when Tottenham play three at the back".

b605b4c53fab71080cc5a96119320f53.gif

If Chelsea made up for last season by beating them last week and ensuring they didn't break that record. This game for me, was where I knew the the dream of the title had gone. We need to revenge that 1-1 draw and I have a feel this group of players and manager is of the same mindset. Let's kick on from the Chelsea game and show everyone just how good we are....

COYS

P-S love the fact we have such a flexible formation... 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 no problems

I think that anyone who is prone to posting negative shit midway through the first half if we're not already 7-0 up needs to read Poch's Press Conference carefully!

Spurs v West Brom - Mauricio's press conference 12 January 2017 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

There is so much good stuff in there about the squad mentality, depth, versatility, as well as warnings about what happened after the City win (ie; not winning another game for a month!) and to heed those warnings after the Chelsea win, and make sure we don't fall into the same trap of complacency!

But the key thing is PATIENCE! ...he says it's "...never easy playing against a Tony Pulis side"
We know what he's alluding to... we ALL know what he's saying... but that doesn't mean we can't respect that style of play, whilst also trying to find a solution to beating it!
Not bitch and moan that their style is killing football if we're not 3-0 up within the first 5 minutes... we won't be, accept that...

...this game may turn out to be as scratchy as an Eczema sufferer wearing a hessian jumper on a boiling hot day, but as long as we win in the end, i'll care not one jot!

Back
Top Bottom