WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did I see somebody hating on Yacob earlier? Seems a strange player to hate. Sure he got punched by Dele leading to his ban, but he didn't make a meal of it or even complain, he just shrugged it off, almost doing Dele a favour. Frankly, I can respect that from a player.

I like the way Winks distributes the ball forward with minimum time with the ball at he's feet. I think this type of play is important versus bus parkers. To change sides and keep the defence moving.

With that in mind could Dembele, Winks be a possible DM pairing?

West Bromwich Albion football club: record v Tottenham Hotspur
This is our record against west brom, from their point of view.
Fuckin' hell... the fact it's now 5 years since we beat them at home is staggering... that's gotta change Saturday!
Waaaayyyyyy too many draws in there too for my liking.

I know we've won a few times up at the Hawthorns, but overall, (and when you consider what impact some of those dropped points against them have had on our seasons) they really have been our bogey team for a few years now haven't they?

Time to pick it and flick it!

With that in mind could Dembele, Winks be a possible DM pairing?
I would be shocked if Poch doesn't start with 1 defensive mid. It's a fundamental part of his recent philosophy for someone to "fill in" when the full backs both bomb forward.

That said, if we go with 3 CBs again, that's the pairing I personally would like to see, yes. Behind Eriksen, Alli, Kane.

Did I see somebody hating on Yacob earlier? Seems a strange player to hate. Sure he got punched by Dele leading to his ban, but he didn't make a meal of it or even complain, he just shrugged it off, almost doing Dele a favour. Frankly, I can respect that from a player.

Wasn't he the one that got sent off for spitting at Walker at the Hawthornes under AVB?

We need Alli, Eriksen and Dembele to come into this in the form they've been showing. I don't think they've ever been as good as what they are now.

If Kane can get a couple of goals to boost confidence that'll be a bonus. A big difference this year will be Wanyama. He is a massive asset to us, and shows exactly what he can do as he did vs Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom