We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where has the desire and want gone too? Where has our quick one touch passing gone, we seem to want to loiter and apart from keeping the ball going backwards we seem devoid of ideas. This is the CL semi FFS.

Let’s be honest lads this team has massively over achieved this season. To have champions league football all but confirmed for the new stadium...well I for one will take that. Make no mistake about it this is progress and more valuable experience. But we do need some players this summer for sure. COYS

Thoroughly miserable: we've actually matched them, broadly, but two moments of shite from Trippier and we now have a mountain to climb.

I can see us scoring...not sure about three but its still possible.

COYS!

i really don't want to be negative right now, but it's just so depressing how we've totally collapsed. I'm watching the match and whenever our players make a run they get caught and tackled. These guys are shot and i just want to put this season out of it's misery.

Sorry, but since New Year we have been found out. Simply press our defence and force our attack out to the wings. Easy to play against Spurs. This is on Poch who has been unable, for half a season, to figure out a 'plan b'

Let's not forget we have reahed a CL semi final and all but secured top 4.. Nearly every team in the prem could only dream of that.. Inc Woolwich, Man Utd,, I won't mention Wet ham as they would bream of getting in the top 10 and last 32 of the league cup..
Yes let's settle for what we mocked Woolwich for these past 20 years. Great. Perennial top 4 with the inevitable slide into mediocrity.

The fact that we lucked into top 4 after an absolute disgrace of a spring campaign we should excuse the players for not even turning up in one of the biggest games of their careers? Fuck off

True but even so there is no fire in the bellies of our players. Win and you play a final if the CL. Some players probably their only career chance. Why is it like this?
That's cause of the weak mentality that the players have, they simply don't believe in themselves. This is the where the manager part has to work on. It happend to us in every cup competition for over the past seasons and still can't figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom