We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be brave Poch. Skipp and Foyth for Wanyama and Trippier. Don't go out with bums on the pitch.
I'd give WP the nod in preference to Foyth, but definitely Oli Skipp for Wanyama.

Half time replays show how cynical they were for the 1st goal - blocked everyone off so the big man could head it.

We had chances and shot like toddlers.

Tragic to see Wanyama, was such a good player before the injuries. Too many others just coasting through the game.

Pretty obvious this squad needs to let a few go and invest in young, hungry players who wish to improve

Who have we got we bring on and change it? What formation could turn this around? Maybe a good old fashion hair dryer will do the trick.

Sorry, but since New Year we have been found out. Simply press our defence and force our attack out to the wings. Easy to play against Spurs. This is on Poch who has been unable, for half a season, to figure out a 'plan b'
It's not that we've been found out, it's just that we couldn't maintain how good we were around Christmas...

it's not fucking done yet.

I swear man wtf are people smoking. We are in the semi final of the champions league with zero investment and numerous fucking dodgy players. This is a dream ffs.

shame we loool like we haven't got anymore in the tank but that's down to a chairman that's fucked us royally. With this squad Poch has done a minor miracle ffs.
I don't mind us getting knocked out of the Semis with the lack of investment we have had.

But not like this we gave up in the first second that's not acceptable

Why can't we defend corners anymore? Need a new defensive coach I reckon.

I have a nagging feeling that 5 years of the same management and pretty much the same team has resulted in stagnation and the opposition finding it much easier to counteract our play. Just contrast this season to 2016/17.
2-3 new players needed for next season (obviously) and maybe a shake up of the coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom