We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine not being able to enjoy the Hoddle chip v Watford because we didn’t win the league? Or Bale smashing in a last minute screamer v West Ham for the same reason. Or Dele’s flick and volley v Palace? Or fucking anything Spurs have done in the past decade or so.

What a miserable existence.

Bit random but..... getting to the final was amazing the build up, fans stories it was everything that most of us had only every dreamed of and possibly none of us, well of a certain age might not experience again but would you sacrifice it to still have Pochettino in charge and playing/progressing as we were before the final personally for me it was the beginning of the end......and by sacrifice I mean not getting anywhere near the final either the last min v Inter or the Barcelona game. Yes we didn’t/weren’t playing well that season but we could have played through it and gotten back on track?

Bit random but..... getting to the final was amazing the build up, fans stories it was everything that most of us had only every dreamed of and possibly none of us, well of a certain age might not experience again but would you sacrifice it to still have Pochettino in charge and playing/progressing as we were before the final personally for me it was the beginning of the end......and by sacrifice I mean not getting anywhere near the final either the last min v Inter or the Barcelona game. Yes we didn’t/weren’t playing well that season but we could have played through it and gotten back on track?
The build up to the final was something I won't forget, but the final is something I have forgotten simply piss poor on the night.
Will never watched it since nor will again biggest night in our history was a once in a lifetime moment.

I thought that I had come to terms with Poch moving on, particularly as it came after a string of very poor performances, but every time I see him on the bench when I watch one of the Spurs v whoever on the Sky Sports catch-up channel I get all emotional and lovelorn, and the scenes after this game almost brought me to tears again. Seeing him in the dugout for another team is gonna kill me!

I bought one of those CL final t-shirts to wear on the day.
Thought I'd better put suntan lotion on given the weather and though I've never worn the thing again I was sorting through my t-shirts yesterday and the manky suntan lotion stains around the collar which never came out in the wash annoyed me so I put bleach on it...
It then turned a delightful shade of RED just to rub it in...

I bought one of those CL final t-shirts to wear on the day.
Thought I'd better put suntan lotion on given the weather and though I've never worn the thing again I was sorting through my t-shirts yesterday and the manky suntan lotion stains around the collar which never came out in the wash annoyed me so I put bleach on it...
It then turned a delightful shade of RED just to rub it in...
I hope it's in the bin now!

I get where you’re coming from but, as one of the lucky ones who gets to go to most games, the Ajax away night was simply stunning as an occasion and episode to be part of: a beautiful and utterly incredible match in its own right, with a supporter experience that was bloody amazing. I wouldn’t change it for the world.

Getting to a CL final is an incredible achievement for the club. I remember the 90s when just getting to qualify for the UEFA cup felt huge. I even went to our Intertoto ties at Brighton so desperate was I to see my club in Europe, let alone the CL

Away days are part of what I live for. I love them. A CL semi final is the biggest possible away day any fan could ever have. The way the game and the tie went is ridiculous and unimaginable were you to propose it as a piece of fiction.

Yes, the league form was crumbling, partly due to injuries but also lack of investment. What Poch did in some how eeking out a glorious cup run that did wonders for our global profile was a heck of an achievement.

But, as I said, I would never give up that victory in the ‘Dam and the feeling both then and in the weeks afterwards.

Oh what a night...

Back
Top Bottom