We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know what you lot are up to today but I'm off to a new Multiplex in North London to watch A Pitch Called Wanda. Apparently the good guy gets the prize (and the girl) in the end.
Looking forward to it, hoping to catch up with some old friends and make a few new ones.
COYS

Morning all.
I share everyone’s excitement and giddy nervousness, which is why I can’t sleep, but I wish I didn’t . And I hope the manager and players aren’t acting like this.
We need to get away from this ‘kid before Christmas’ and ‘once in a lifetime’ hysteria. The dippers are laughing at us.
This is a new era, win or lose tonight it’s a new era.
We are a big club now, one of the worlds top 10 in terms of wealth and infrastructure, one of the big 6 in the biggest league in the world, and with a proud history; we are in the CL final because we deserve to be, and we wil be back here again next year, or the year after or the year after that. It’s great to be here but it is not a one-in-a-thousand event, it’s a one-in-ten.
The dippers believe they have every right to be here and they believe they deserve to win it and that they will win it. We shouldn’t be mocking that attitude, it’s what we should believe.
Perhaps that feeling only comes with years of finals and experience.....
Enjoy if we win, but remember that if we lose we’ve grown enormously as a club and will be back again. This is not a Leicester winning the league freak show, we are here because this is the stage we deserve to be on and we will stay on, it’s a new era.

An emotional day beckons what ever happens, and I cannot wait to get to NWHL, the next best thing to being in Madrid.

I am sure the boys will do us proud. COYS

Good luck lads where ever you are watching the game and see you on the other side 👍👌

Still cannot quite believe it. Supported Spurs ever since my first game I got taken to in 78. Step Father took me along when I was just a kid and I never looked back, it gets in your system.

Was there for the FA Cups, The night when Graham lifted the Eufa cup was an experience that I will never forget.

Came out of a customer site last night around 11pm and walking across an empty car park, it just really hit me - Champs League final ffs. It doesn't happen to us, Spurs just dont get to these heights.
Couldn't help myself and just shouted out " COME ON YOU SPURSSSS", followed by a couple " YID ARMY"'s. Might have been a tear or two as well, but that could have just been that I had been in an air conditioned Computer hall...... I must of looked like a loony.

Nerves have really kicked in, feck knows what I will be like before kick-off..

COYS.

as1.jpg

Morning all.
I share everyone’s excitement and giddy nervousness, which is why I can’t sleep, but I wish I didn’t . And I hope the manager and players aren’t acting like this.
We need to get away from this ‘kid before Christmas’ and ‘once in a lifetime’ hysteria. The dippers are laughing at us.
This is a new era, win or lose tonight it’s a new era.
We are a big club now, one of the worlds top 10 in terms of wealth and infrastructure, one of the big 6 in the biggest league in the world, and with a proud history; we are in the CL final because we deserve to be, and we wil be back here again next year, or the year after or the year after that. It’s great to be here but it is not a one-in-a-thousand event, it’s a one-in-ten.
The dippers believe they have every right to be here and they believe they deserve to win it and that they will win it. We shouldn’t be mocking that attitude, it’s what we should believe.
Perhaps that feeling only comes with years of finals and experience.....
Enjoy if we win, but remember that if we lose we’ve grown enormously as a club and will be back again. This is not a Leicester winning the league freak show, we are here because this is the stage we deserve to be on and we will stay on, it’s a new era.

Brilliant post...

12 hours ladeez and genteelmen.

Fcuk me yes, we are part of this amazing experience.

We have a starting line-up that may feature 7 players who were in the World cup semi-finals.

We have plenty who have the knowledge of such occasions.

Into the pantheon of lions and out as heroes.

Carpe Diem!!!!

Back
Top Bottom