We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kinda moot when peeps were melting about it even before kick off.

Kane/Lucas = Origi/Firmino.
Lucas is a much much better player though. Lucas had 15 goals this season to Origi's 6. So theres a world of difference between the two of them already.

Both manager's got it wrong starting with an unfit player who turned out to be shit. Still Poch not being able to see that for the whole match was a different thing in itself.

Talk less shit and I won't.

Funny, i\ve dished out a tone of likes tonight... Just none for brats like you & Mindnumb.
If you disagree with someone try arguing with them rather than going through every single post they've made and marking them down as some kind of villan.

I’m going say the same thing I said after Ajax. This isn’t about bollocks, it’s the one thing this team does have enough of, it’s more about intelligence (football), composure and a coach that is great at coaching an ethos, but whose tactical arse can’t always cash the cheques that coach’s ethos writes.

As with the Ajax game, this wasn’t hard to call, they were going to squeeze early, setting us up so we were numerically overloaded when trying to play out, and having players like Sissoko who is uncomfortable receiving the ball under duress and lacks the technique to cope with it (he made a pretty poor 28 passes, 20 of them backwards (14)or sideways) is just counter intuitive, whether the crowd sing his name or not. His job isn’t to be a populist, it’s to marry an ethos with the right tactics and structure.

We basically wasted the whole first 45 minutes trying to get out of our half.

And the subs? Winks off? Really. And having let Alli bumble about for 80 minutes, he then takes him off just as he’s starting to see the ball more and look threatening for the first time in the game. We were finally starting to make better chances on the ground and the final death knell of that was bringing Llorente on and just pumping it in the air.

So it’s great that Poch coaches a proactive ethos that means we are a front foot side, and the fact that we’ve gone to a CL final, and pretty much dominated a very good team in terms of intent is also a good thing, but what’s not always great is Poch’s inability to match that great and well coached ethos with the right selections, tactics and format to capitalise on it. That doesn’t always matter so much on the regular days, (although it definitely has this season) but on the tougher ones it can, and it so nearly did early on in the groups (where PSV playing with nothing at stake got us through) also in both QF second leg and semi final first leg.

Bollocks are what’s dragged us all the way to Madrid, it’s the other stuff that’s been doing for us.

Just a few facts to show that despite what the expected cunts on the site say, we did everything but score in a game which any dominating side would normally expect to win ...

Dippers - The first team to win the CL with less than 50% (35.4%) possession since Mourinho 2010
Dippers - Fewest shots on goal by a winning side in the final
Dippers - Most saves by a keeper keeping a clean sheet in CL final history

That's not to say they didn't deserve it - if you get gifted a goal in the first minute - park the bus for the next 85 - then score against the run of play in the last five ... your plans have worked

Just a shame that as with Mourinho and Chelsea when they won it, last night will be remembered by neutrals as an utter crap final - which it was.

Won't bother the scouse cunts - and plays nicely for the troll cunts on here - but what you going to do cunts will be cunts

I am disappointed with the result, of course, but so love this club that I’m just proud to have seen them have a legitimate shot. It’s so disappointing because I (like most of us) think that we deserved better tonight and Liverpool was there for the taking.

As far as Kane goes, I wasn’t pumped to see him starting. I was concerned he’d be rusty or just not match fit, but in Poch we trust! If he had scored a couple then it would be a stroke of genius to put him in! Of course, if we started Lucas and had this same outcome, people would say we ought to have started Kane. There’s no winning that, unless you get the victory.

And lastly, I hate to complain about the ref. But fuck it. I assume he was from the Merseyside of Slovenia? That penalty was garbage. The “handball” on Son later on was also garbage. They need to define where the armpit begins and chest ends if they’re making that kind of call. Truthfully, that penalty was huge. It changed the entire course of the game. I’m convinced that had the red not called it, VAR never would have, and the entire game is different. Such is life.

Anyway, super proud of the boys. I loved watching all season and wish we had another match to look forward to next week! Congratulations on a mesmerizing run and really the stuff of fantasy gentlemen! I feel like a little kid watching Spurs and get that same excitement at kickoff. I’m gutted today, but that’s only because the great expectations that you allowed me to dream of!

You can't run away fom reality i'm afraid.

...And no amount of bile you spout, lies you speak or levy jibes you will no doubt roll out over the coming days will change the fact that we lost.

Suck it up you big fucking child.

Tough one, got to take the losses with the wins though, hold our heads high and take it with dignity, this won’t be our last chance to win this.

Been one of the best weekends either way, Madrid is a great city

COYS

We did dominate possession but there was such a lack of intensity. One thing I pray will change next season is our obsession with passing it back to hugo all the time. The football has been poor for most of the season and very laboured lacking any spark. We need to get back to playing forwards at tempo and the high press.

Yes, you heard him, lads.

No criticism of any kind allowed. Otherwise you're not a true supporter.

#cringe

That's in no way what was said in the post, you're refering. Talk about reading shit into a post.

It's fair to be critical of specific decisions surrounding THIS match which THIS thread is about. It's all this bullshit going around and around where people who've got an axe to grind against specific people at the club use any old setback as an "I told you so", that's doing a lot people's nuts in.

#YouDoKnow#'sAreFor14YearOldGirlsAndHipsters

Since you did say cringe.

Back
Top Bottom