We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is good from them.

I assume it's because no one would dare buy BT Sports
They've always done it. They're obliged to have a certain amount of "free to air" games, including the final.

Not sure if it still exists, but they had a channel on Freeview that would show a game on each match day, but it was usually a match people weren't that arsed about, just to fulfill their obligation to UEFA.

For what it's worth, their coverage is so much better than Sky, and the goals show they have for the group stage is a great way for taking in all the games when Spurs aren't playing, with them having the rights to cut to the action at any of the games while they're taking place. It's like a condensed version of Soccer Saturday, but with people that actually have brains watching the matches, and they can actually show us what's going on, rather than have to imagine what's happening off the back of some basic cliche ridden bullshit spouted by Paul Merson or whoever

Ive been watching a highlite or two just about everyday for a week now. One day it would be for Sonnys, the next day for JVs and Deles and the next Sissoko and Eriksen etc.

The more I watch the more I feel that there is no way these super footballers we have are not going to come thru with their peak performance come June 1st. Well I am sure Kane won't be at his peak if he plays in but still the class and form of the players we have? Under Poch? For one game with plenty of rest?? I can't wait. I mean the pleasure is mine I will wait. I am loving it. I think we are going to come through this time.

They've always done it. They're obliged to have a certain amount of "free to air" games, including the final.

Not sure if it still exists, but they had a channel on Freeview that would show a game on each match day, but it was usually a match people weren't that arsed about, just to fulfill their obligation to UEFA.

For what it's worth, their coverage is so much better than Sky, and the goals show they have for the group stage is a great way for taking in all the games when Spurs aren't playing, with them having the rights to cut to the action at any of the games while they're taking place. It's like a condensed version of Soccer Saturday, but with people that actually have brains watching the matches, and they can actually show us what's going on, rather than have to imagine what's happening off the back of some basic cliche ridden bullshit spouted by Paul Merson or whoever

They're both shit.

Liverpool will be based in Marbella till the final

Where are we?
Our state of the art lodge was built for these types of moments, but I wouldn't be surprised if Poch allows the players to just be at home with their families.

I think I've already read that the players will also go to Spain beforehand (Madrid itself IIRC)

I fully agree. One thing that was special for me about both the Man City game and the Ajax game is that my dad was there with me. I think I will always remember how we shared those moments together and when, god forbid, the time comes that he gets old and dies, it is genuinely the sort of thing that I will think; well, at least we had those times together.

But the bastard has gone and booked a holiday over the time when the final is, so I'll be in Madrid without him!! It's complicated but he can't get out of it. My wife asked me in January about booking a holiday for early June, and I said we might be in the CL final, you never know, so we booked it for July instead.

I'm not a huge fan of the smart phone culture, but one thing that was moving about the Ajax game at the end, people had various family members on video calls, sharing the incredible atmosphere with them. The fella next to me had his dad, then called his wife, and then his kids! Well, I will be sure to get my old man on the phone if we win.
I got offered to Chip in at work for some cheap tickets for Epsom races a few months back and everyone at work laughed at me when I said I wouldnt be going as spurs will be In the final of the CL! Well who is laughing now! :kaneear:

On reflection though I could have probably done both as didn’t manage to get a ticket for Madrid :pochfacepalm:

I am going to watch this match at home. Really cannot risk watching on a stream for a CL final and if necessary will have to fork out for BT but you need to sign up for several months. How will this you tube work? Do you just open you tube and search? Will it be reliable as really do not want to miss part of the match as I did in the semi final when stream froze? Have you used this way of watching before?

11 days, 2hrs and 17mins.

sei66418119.jpg

I am going to watch this match at home. Really cannot risk watching on a stream for a CL final and if necessary will have to fork out for BT but you need to sign up for several months. How will this you tube work? Do you just open you tube and search? Will it be reliable as really do not want to miss part of the match as I did in the semi final when stream froze? Have you used this way of watching before?
If you can't watch it on tv, there's one way that works every time:
1. 10 minutes or so before the start of the match go to reddit.com
2. search for "Tottenham Liverpool" and filter it to "past hour"
3. from all the results, look for one with a lot of comments, these comments are all people giving links
4. this way you have a lot of links to choose from or to switch from if one would die out

I wonder whether the game will turn into a typical final, i.e. cagey, tight, lots of fouls, low on quality, possibly settled by either a mistake or a single piece of skill. Or if it will be an open affair highlighting the skills of both sides, like our games against Ajax and the second game against City...the sort of final that neutrals will want.

I think the first may suit us in the circumstances. Though some may disagree. And obviously would be best if we are just amazing and Liverpool don't turn up, but I don't think that will happen.

Back
Top Bottom