We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My niece bought me the official Spurs calendar last Christmas, and whilst getting a beer from the kitchen I flicked over to June. Harry Kane is June’s player, so as a reminder, on June 1st, I wrote ‘Champions League Final’. Childish I know, but it made me feel better.

It’s a sign.

PS - I have to give an enormous shout out to Mrs Seven Sisters. 12 years’ marriage (plus the amusing gymnastic bit before that) and she literally gives not one shit about football. And even so, when a friend of hers invited us to dinner tomorrow night (I know, BLATANT middle class, innit) she explained that she wouldn’t dream of depriving me of what she knows might just be the nights to rival all others ... Gawd bless ‘er

My niece bought me the official Spurs calendar last Christmas, and whilst getting a beer from the kitchen I flicked over to June. Harry Kane is June’s player, so as a reminder, on June 1st, I wrote ‘Champions League Final’. Childish I know, but it made me feel better.

It’s a sign.
It's better to be safe than sorry.

If you didn't do that there's a chance you'd forget and miss the final!

I went to Anfield the other day to watch a match. A scouse lad said, 'Can I mind your car for you mister?'
I said, 'No! And for your information, there's a Rottweiler in the back.' The lad said: 'Put out fires, can he?'

If Kane is close you start him. If he gives us 40 minutes, you maximized one of our best players. If you put him on at 60 and he could have given you 40, you wasted 10 minutes of him.

And if you plan to use him one way or the other, subs are the scarce resource. If you start him knowing he can't go 90, then you limit the subs used on him to a max of one. If you put him on at half or at 60, and he needs to come off, you use two of your 3 managing him. If we have 3 injuries and it costs us, we were probably not winning anyway.

Maximize the time of your best players and limit the risk to your scarce resource. Don't overthink it.

Also, dreamed 3-1 victory last night. Since we're putting our scores out there.

PPS. No matter what happens tomorrow night, I want you all to know that I love you all. Really. (No, not in that way, cretinousgoat cretinousgoat ).

The match will be played, and someone (please please let it be Hugo) will lift a trophy, and we will either all be over the moon, or sick as a parrot.

But over the past 5+ years I have come to know you all as brothers (and sisters, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ) in arms. Each and every one of you has made me laugh out loud and you have got me through some tough times in my life - I completed multiple tours in Afghanistan and it has taken a while to ‘iron out the wrinkles’ in my mental health.

You will never know how much the bollocks that gets spouted on here has helped me - but it’s honestly the closest thing I found to military ‘bantz’ I have found since becoming a civvy.

Sorry for being a big old softie, but I suppose all I want to say is, wherever you are and whoever you are with - enjoy the the ride and .....

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!

PS - I have to give an enormous shout out to Mrs Seven Sisters. 12 years’ marriage (plus the amusing gymnastic bit before that) and she literally gives not one shit about football. And even so, when a friend of hers invited us to dinner tomorrow night (I know, BLATANT middle class, innit) she explained that she wouldn’t dream of depriving me of what she knows might just be the nights to rival all others ... Gawd bless ‘er

My Mrs and Daughter are actually going to sit down at watch the game on TV while I am at the Lane.

That'll be the first time in 40 years.

She knows what this game means to me and every Yid everywhere.

No. Just thought I’d let you know.
Fixed it: it shows relative popularity of search term tottenham
otUEZex.png

PPS. No matter what happens tomorrow night, I want you all to know that I love you all. Really. (No, not in that way, cretinousgoat cretinousgoat ).

The match will be played, and someone (please please let it be Hugo) will lift a trophy, and we will either all be over the moon, or sick as a parrot.

But over the past 5+ years I have come to know you all as brothers (and sisters, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ) in arms. Each and every one of you has made me laugh out loud and you have got me through some tough times in my life - I completed multiple tours in Afghanistan and it has taken a while to ‘iron out the wrinkles’ in my mental health.

You will never know how much the bollocks that gets spouted on here has helped me - but it’s honestly the closest thing I found to military ‘bantz’ I have found since becoming a civvy.

Sorry for being a big old softie, but I suppose all I want to say is, wherever you are and whoever you are with - enjoy the the ride and .....

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!

My old fella was a military lifer, my brother served and his son (my nephew) has done 3 tours of Afghan.

I'll buy you a beer anytime.

Three men, a Scouser, a Manc and a Rasta all in the maternity ward waiting for their partners to give birth. The midwife comes out and tells them congratulations, they're all fathers of beautiful healthy boys, however unfortunately they've run out of the name tags, and the babies have been mixed up, so if they could each go in and identify their sons from any family resemblance etc. The Manc wants to go first, so in he goes and comes out with a black baby The Rasta looks a bit confused, "excuse me", he said, "but don't you think he's likely to be mine ?" "Probably", said the Manc, "but one of them in there's a scouser, and I'm takin' no chances !!!!!"

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!
Hear, hear..... and also lets promise that if the outcome isn't positive, we take it on the chin and just be proud of the lads for having given us a Champions League season to remember for the rest of our lives.

Back
Top Bottom