We need to protect our club this summer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poor handling of affairs indeed, but it is stubbornness rather than stupidity that has caused these problems. If he continues to learn, we could hardly do better as far as a chairmen. Thank your stars we were bought by English Spurs fans, not some Asian playboy who changed the very color of a club away from the colors you came to adore and treasure to suit his own wishes.

"bought by English Spurs fans"
A load of cock and bull. The owner comes once a decade. It is a pure investment
with an eventual profitable sell. Levy is suffocating the club.
Rise , burn them at the holy gates, impale their ego's , Let the club rise from their
mean, dirty , philistine barbarity . They will damage us for ever more if they
chain us to constant non achievement mediocrity .

Doesn't matter - the only acceptable reason for changing manager mid-season is if you are in danger of being relegated.

Now we have to change twice in one season and we are a far worse prospect for managers and players we are looking to sign because of it.

Which is precisely why I think we didn't outright sack him. I think it was more mutual. Also, while I agree about players, we've one of our top prospects that any of us would've preferred speaking amicably of us regardless.

"bought by English Spurs fans"
A load of cock and bull. The owner comes once a decade. It is a pure investment
with an eventual profitable sell. Levy is suffocating the club.
Rise , burn them at the holy gates, impale their ego's , Let the club rise from their
mean, dirty , philistine barbarity . They will damage us for ever more if they
chain us to constant non achievement mediocrity .

It isn't as dramatic as you make it out to be. Investors indeed, but I believe Levy intends this club to do well, but is just incredibly stubborn.

Don't really understand the need for threads like this after every loss. Our situation is that we need a new manager, but we've known we're getting a new one for at least three weeks since the club leaked Sherwood wouldn't be returning. Sherwood is a lame duck, people need to chill out about him.

Football clubs are nowhere near what would be considered a "wise business investment." Levy wants us to win. I don't love him, but I certainly don't want him out right now. He made a valiant effort this past summer and he's hopefully going to make moves to get an incredible manager.

Perhaps some fans can stop being such needy whiny fucking cunts next season and actually give the new manager some actual time (i.e more than a season) before calling for their head.

That said...Sherwood out!

Agreed, de Boer has to be given time barring extraneous circumstances, and I mean literally, not just losing games.

Figure of speech, but there were a lot of reports at the time of the sacking that people who weren't even answerable to him at the club had become disenfranchised with him on a personal level.
If everyone hated AVB, why has morale been so pants under TS? Are the players just that implacable?

If everyone hated AVB, why has morale been so pants under TS? Are the players just that implacable?

Is morale necessarily proportional with change? Each manager has their own reasons for being evaluated by the players. Who knows if the players are simply that impassionate or spoiled or whatever is the cause, but just because some things haven't changed doesn't necessarily mean AVB had particular things right.

well I certainly didn't fucking sack him!

Nope but when Samuel and Ashton decided AVB was going to be the mid-season page filler we as fans could've used it to create the much fabled siege mentality, instead a fair proportion of our fans got whipped up into wanting him gone....

Nope but when Samuel and Ashton decided AVB was going to be the mid-season page filler we as fans could've used it to create the much fabled siege mentality, instead a fair proportion of our fans got whipped up into wanting him gone....

we were too busy closing ranks to fight off 'Yid-gate' in the papers early season... we dropped our guard with AVB and fell for the hype good 'n proper didn't we?

Back
Top Bottom